+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Crafted Seals

Default Crafted Seals

Wondering what these new Seals are for since they are undocumented but available on a few of the crafting vendors..mousing over them does not say what they go on.

Artificer: Edification Wis 13 lvl 50
    Reason Wis 9 lvl 40

Outfitter: Understanding Int 13 lvl 50
    Cleverness Int 9 lvl 40

Apothecary has Strength ones, assuming that Weaponsmithing and Armorsmithing have Endurance and Dexterity but don't have those crafts right now.

Ascendant

Looks like it's a new item type. This is a completely wild guess with nothing backing it up, but perhaps its their implementation of a "rune" for your planar focus? 1 single Seal slot, so it's basically like another Planar Essence except ONLY a Seal can go in. Then they can change the planar foci on the planar vendors to be a +20 resist Seal instead so you can get +20 resist for a resist specific one or get a plain +13 to a stat for your generic one. Haven't tried making one though, so who knows!

Ascendant

Well, had a friend try some stuff out. It is a new item slot, and there is only 1 of it. He was able to equip it, but couldn't see it on his character sheet, but got the stats. In addition, you are able to enchant these with runes that can go on one-handed/off-hand items.

To summarize everything I've seen: currently there is no seal for dexterity, just str, end, wis, and int.

They are augmentable with all augments, including the valorstone for the lvl 50 ones.

The ONLY runes i have seen usable on them are recondite and rage runeshards.

They are equippable, but have no slot at all on your character sheet.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

New slot available only from crafting.

UI is not in yet. I don't think that all of them are available on PTS at the moment.

~Daglar
    Lead Game Designer: Rift

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

UI is not in yet. I don't think that all of them are available on PTS at the moment.

~Daglar
    I assume this means it's a slot only available through crafting and not something limited to just crafters.
    Greybriar Guardian Bard

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    I assume this means it's a slot only available through crafting and not something limited to just crafters.
    I think he means the only way to get a Seal is to have one made, as in don't expect to see any drop or vendor Seals.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    Can you confirm if this is meant to replace having the +resist on source machines?

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    Can you confirm if this is meant to replace having the +resist on source machines?
    I would guess it is not. There is no +resist that I've seen.

There may be some not implemented though.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Oooh, is this going to create a mechanical reason to prefer one profession over another?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Oooh, is this going to create a mechanical reason to prefer one profession over another?
    doubtful, I would think these will be BoE.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    doubtful, I would think these will be BoE.
    All the ones available on PTS atm are BoE, I doubt we'll see any BoP ones.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Isadore View Post
    Wondering what these new Seals are for since they are undocumented but available on a few of the crafting vendors..mousing over them does not say what they go on.

Artificer: Edification Wis 13 lvl 50
    Reason Wis 9 lvl 40

Outfitter: Understanding Int 13 lvl 50
    Cleverness Int 9 lvl 40

Apothecary has Strength ones, assuming that Weaponsmithing and Armorsmithing have Endurance and Dexterity but don't have those crafts right now.

Who has those :O? Merchant or what?
    Last edited by Zoam; 02-28-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Plane Walker

Seem sort of straight forward must-haves if they don't replace the +resists on sigils, perhaps we will see super omg rare recipes drop from ID bosses or something so there's at least some sort of uniqueness?

I can only imagine these are sigil things... a new item slot for +13int seems really strange and confusing... I don't like it when you confuse me Trion
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AWHavoc View Post
    a new item slot for +13int seems really strange and confusing...
    I don't see how, other than why it was added in the first place.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast