+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Unfair changes *Nerfs* to Lesser Essences and players forced to buy *New* Sigils

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    Lesser essences should not have had their resistance values changed, going to have somebody look into that today.

The new focus items are just that new, additional items players can obtain. We added them b/c we had resistance foci in various events and players who missed those events could no longer obtain them.

I'll have one of the deisgners stop by as soon as we know more

Thanks,
    -Gersh
    The resist nerf isn't the biggest deal really if it was intended to lower the importance of resist foci. But it's really an awful design choice to make all those new focus new items rather than upgrades.

Well unless you guys' point is to make your old raiders grind a ton of stuff again, but at least we'll know how you guys intend to treat us in the future depending on what makes it to live

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    That is some giant ******** right there.

They have to make a way to remove essences or else this is just an unnecessary thing.

50k per slot please.

This would be great for an Artificer to do.... hint hint Trion. /pray

Bumping this thread. I know some people already created their fire sigils (myself included) and in hindsight, was a bad idea. But please don't make it a worse decision than it already was.

But we need to have some real talk Trion. Once a lesser is placed in a sigil it is permanent. Meaning our decision to put a lesser in one bears more weight. But if you're going to change the stats on us like this it's only fair to allow us to change our lessers in sigils. Also, don't give it to anyone profession, people will flame you hard for that. Just make it an ascended power that you purchase with planarite or something along those lines.

Considered the kind of stuff I've grinded in this game and the planarite I have stocked up, buying 1 of those new sigils would not be too bad. However, if you, the developers, have any desire for new 50s to want to buy the new sigils, the prices are downright silly.

15k planarite and 20 inscribed (roughly twice the cost of a normal 6 slot sigil, with some inscribed cost added) would be much more reasonable, especially considering that some players will want to have a sigil built for every resist type.

And I'm all for the movement away from permanence of essences in sigils.
    Last edited by Ajax1114; 02-21-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Rift Master

Lesser essences should not have had their resistance values changed, going to have somebody look into that today.

The new focus items are just that new, additional items players can obtain. We added them b/c we had resistance foci in various events and players who missed those events could no longer obtain them.

Thanks,
    -Gersh
    Thanks

Atm I (and for sure a lot others) invested a load of Inscribes Stones just to find out that I lost around 30 Resist on my Death Resist Core.
    Not even the new "resist" Source Machince for 30kPlanarit and 60 IS compensate for that (not to speak that we need to buy the essences again).
    Last edited by Timrum; 02-21-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Shield of Telara

So... I told my guildys to get a fire core, not to put essences in a core, and wait for the fire Sigil to come out..

Yeah. Win.

30k and 60 Inscribed is a bit too much, should be 15-20k and 45 Inscribed.
    Last edited by Pooshonmyshoos; 02-21-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Thanks,
    -Gersh
    It's still a horrible kick in the nuts for people who've already farmed six resist sigils. I.e. any plans of adding some way of removing your lessers from a sigil for a cost, so that they can be used in a new and more powerful sigil?

I will also vote no to this decision. I really hate that I have to refarm all four sigils I have made so far (DPS, Magetank, fire res, water res). Thats pointless! if I would have known I would not have spent the inscribed.

I think what would be appropriate is the ability to remove essences for a cost from prior sigils (even for plat like another player suggested) and allowing us to return old sigils for like half or even a 4th of the planarite back.

Doing that would make this transition easy for veteran players as I cannot see myself farming another 2400 inscribed before I can be back doing the content I'm already on. In addition it would be necessary with the amount essences are being nerfed. Please consider doing this trion before this change or just not doing the change.

Another idea to be fair to old players would be to allow 1 week where removing essences etc would be free.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 02-21-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Champion

They do need to add in something to remove essences, it's only logical!
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RETIRED*
    Guild Leader
    60 Warrior Main Tank
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - TotDQ 4/4

Thanks,
    -Gersh
    I sure hope i don't lose resistances on my current lessers, i have invested a LOT of time into all my Sigils.
    New sigils like the +20 water resist event one is fine, as long as only 1 added per event, not a flood of them.

I have 8 total. 4x DPS ones, 4x tanking ones. ALL of them Best In Slot for their respective purposes.
    That is a LOT of Inscribed Sourcestones that have been grinded. Nearing 3000 i believe. Maybe more.
    If they really do release more resist sigils, that is a lot of future re-grind. Not sure i will bother for +20 to be honest... as long as they do NOT reduce existing resistance lessers, then i can live with not having +20 more... i already did enough grind for my current ones... If only the PvP lessers had as good stats as the PvE ones

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Telaran

Thanks,
    -Gersh
    NO. Simply NO. No adding of new items/equipment that will instantly render our current hard-earned ones obsolete. Unless there is a mechanic implemented to allow us to salvage or upgrade what we have, THIS IS A DEFINITE NO.

I think none of us should allow Trion to set such a precedence where they can introduce new items so easily. Especially so for sigils as they are a conglomeration of several items, making the whole greater than the sum of its parts.

What if they one day decide to want to give players more items to buy? How about calling-favoring sigils with +20 dex or +20 wis? Or even +10% stat? Are we all going to simply suck it up and re-farm all our essences to reslot everything? NO.

Also what if this game should ever turn into F2P? In game currency to buy all these items can simply be purchased with real world money? Don't want to grind? Just fork out more cash and buy the new sigil and a new set of essences.

In a game where people have already invested so much time in their gear, you can never introduce new items that instantly renders what they have obsolete and kicking them back to the start. To those of us who are already geared, the feeling is the same as getting hacked and all our items sold --- we end up realizing we have to grind all over again just to reach the same level we were before.

If Trion wants to give players something new to buy, it should NOT be something as fundamental as the sigil. INSTEAD, why not have something to be applied on the sigils as other respondents to this thread have suggested:

1) Make it a new rune
    - can be sold from faction vendors for ISS and planarite
    - can be crafted by RCs with new recipes from future factions
    - runes can give +resistance, +stat, or even meta like increased runspeed/reduced cast time
    - allows for greater customisation and floods players with choice
    - can be overwritten and thus replaceable
    - allows players who want to have everything a chance at an endless grind (if they so desire)

2) Make it a gem for a new gemslot
    - same as above just that it's crafted by Artificers

Trion if you want to add new things to the game, try to actually make it NEW. Not the same thing rebranded that we have to go through the same process to get as we did our original item. Making us grind twice for the same sigil is nonsense. Either your designers have lost all imagination and should all go sit down and brainstorm a little bit more, or they really don't care.

As for having resistance foci in game where some players cannot acquire them...SERIOUSLY? People who were part of Rift and stayed with Rift during the Water event and got that water resistance sigil SHOULD BE REWARDED for doing so. I personally did not participate during that month as I was on vacation, so I personally do not have the barnacle source machine, and even so I understand that it is simply my loss.

Loyal and committed players who contribute to any in game event and having a leg up for doing so is understandable. There is never a need to compensate players who simply weren't online. Is Trion going to find a way to give everyone every legacy achievement too if they missed it at one point in time, and achievement points is as important to them as any piece of equipment?

Think about it.

Ascendant

Bumping this thread. I know some people already created their fire sigils (myself included) and in hindsight, was a bad idea. But please don't make it a worse decision than it already was.

But we need to have some real talk Trion. Once a lesser is placed in a sigil it is permanent. Meaning our decision to put a lesser in one bears more weight. But if you're going to change the stats on us like this it's only fair to allow us to change our lessers in sigils. Also, don't give it to anyone profession, people will flame you hard for that. Just make it an ascended power that you purchase with planarite or something along those lines.
    Who in there right mind didn't realize that fire resist stuff would be forthcoming in he world event prior to ID? I know some people did it for RoTP (not really necessary) but really guys. What did you expect?
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #88
    Rift Team

The essence resist bug has been fixed internally. Hooray!
    Last edited by Josh York; 02-21-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Who in there right mind didn't realize that fire resist stuff would be forthcoming in he world event prior to ID? I know some people did it for RoTP (not really necessary) but really guys. What did you expect?
    This..

PS I'm really sick of farming IS. Thank god for rift mobile.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh York View Post
    The essence resist bug has been fixed internally. Hooray!
    Wait, so before we get more raging...the essence resist numbers are just a bug? if so HUGE sigh of relief. If not.... oy.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast