+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Carnival of the Ascended Event Official PTS Feedback Thread

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Default Carnival of the Ascended Event Official PTS Feedback Thread

Hi everyone,

This is the official thread to leave your feedback and views on the Carnival of the Ascended Event.

We'd love to hear from you!

Default Fixes required for the World Event Vender

The following list is problems encountered that needs to be fixed before it hits live servers before this Celebration.

The World Event: "River of Souls"

- All the Rings, Trinkets, Epic Planar Essence *Lesser*; has not been updated to Binds to Account.

- The companion pets [Hagbrood Hatchling], [Shadetouched Scarab], and [Shadetouched Hound]; has not been updated to Binds to Account.

- Currency: [Otherworldly Sourcestone]; has not been updated to Binds to Account.

The World Event: "Waves of Madness"

- The companion pets [Happy Seacap] and [Blue Shell Crab]; has not been updated to Binds to Account.

The World Event: "Chase for the Dragon Motes"

- All the Weapons offered during this event, has not been updated to Binds to Account.

- The companion pet [Gil], has not been updated to Binds to Account.

The World Event: "Fae Yule Celebration"

- The companion pet [Rudy], has not been updated to Binds to Account.

Default Pinata Feedback

The following post is problems that I encountered on Pts. Please read this carefully Developers!

Current Pinatas:

- Akylios
    - Maelforge
    - Laethys

Missing Pinatas:

- Regulos
    - Greenscale
    - Crucia

Reward Currency Issue:

I like the idea of the random token thing, however I can see this grind a huge annoyance rather than this being fun, for example if a player wanted to farm a particular currency for a particular item from the world event vender.

I propose two solutions:

A: Allow the Pinatas to drop 50 tokens of each world event.

or

B: Allow the Pinatas to drop the token that represents the dragon.

Examples:

Akylios Pinata: Drops [Rune King's Seal]

Maelforge Pinata: Drops [Magma Opal]

Laethys Pinata: Drops [Magma Opal]

Regulos Pinata: Drops [Otherwordly Sourcestone]

Greenscale Pinata: Drops [Dragon Tear]

Crucia Pinata: Drops [Unique Snowflake]

I caution you Trion to read to this feedback carefully. You will get a crying river of complaints if A or B are not met, when people are trying to farm these tokens.

Spawn Locations and Respawn Timers:

There are too few spawn locations in each zone. Yes, I did go to each one and saw how many were up, between Guardians and Defiants going crazy to farm these Pinatas, there are just not enough of them.

Also the respawn timer, is horrible and slow. I got an average of 10-15 mins respawn time on some of the Pinatas; others were 11 mins - 24 mins.

Please reduce this to 3-5 mins.
    Last edited by Toxen; 02-09-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Another idea came to me if the loot table programing/coding became an issue or a problem.

Allow the Pinatas to reward the item:

--------------------------------------------
    [Celebration Goodie Bag]
    Binds to Account
    Container
    Unique

Use: Click to see whats inside!

Note: This item can stack up to 20.

Player obtains tokens of the following:

[Rune King's Seal] x (25-50)
    [Magma Opal] x (25-50)
    [Otherwordly Sourcestone] x (25-50)
    [Dragon Tear] x (25-50)
    [Unique Snowflake] x (25-50)
    Last edited by Toxen; 02-09-2012 at 02:03 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post

Missing Pinatas:

- Regulos
    - Greenscale
    - Crucia
    Just for reference, Greenscale was plentiful in Scarlet Gorge, came across him a few times as that zone was quiet enough last night

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/211/greenscalea.jpg

I agree with a lot of the above Posters, it looks like a lot of the mistakes from the Dragon Motes event are rearing their ugly heads again...

Respawn timers and respawn rates, at times i saw just one Pinata at a time in low zones like Silverwood and Gloamwood

Conversly Scarlet Gorge would have four up at a time.....issue with low zones, all level Pinatas would give the same drops (more or less) no matter what level it is

Potential Issue: level 50's farming level 15 Pinatas in Silverwood/Freemarch...sound familiar?

Nip this potential issue in the bud by enforcing the "if it's not green to you at your level", then it awards nothing, no currency, no drops...nothing

Apart from those issues which will be addressed no doubt, it was a bit too late in Europe to check out all zones and test more, looking forward to next 2 days, keep up the good work

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    Another idea came to me if the loot table programing/coding became an issue or a problem.

Allow the Pinatas to reward the item:

[Celebration Goodie Bag]
    Binds to Account
    Container
    Unique

Use: Click to see whats inside!

Note: This item can stack up to 20.

Player obtains tokens of the following:

[Rune King's Seal] x (25-50)
    [Magma Opal] x (25-50)
    [Otherwordly Sourcestone] x (25-50)
    [Dragon Tear] x (25-50)
    [Unique Snowflake] x (25-50)
    Love this idea, we need some of all of them to drop so us new players don't have to spend the whole event grinding just to get the old items we want.
    On a side note: Please move these currencies to the currency tab so we won't run out of room in our bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian123 View Post
    Love this idea, we need some of all of them to drop so us new players don't have to spend the whole event grinding just to get the old items we want.
    On a side note: Please move these currencies to the currency tab so we won't run out of room in our bags.

Awesome i have been wanting to see this for a while a lot of that currency takes up bag and bank space it would be aweome if it could be moved to the currency tab

Ascendant

So where's phase 1 for us to actually test now?

Plane Touched

Each phase lasts for 24h, so phase 01 will start around 3:30pm pst (6:30 est.)
    Mononic - Faeblight

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Hey all - thanks for the continued feedback.

We've been looking at various responses to the old currency drops and ways to stream line it so people are getting the currency they want and aren't filling their bags up with stuff they don't want. We also did notice an issue with the wrong stuff dropping for grey-conned pinatas - this is being fixed, so no more low level farming for 50's.

We're also double-checking the spawn rates since the intention was to have them spawning at a more consistent/smooth rate then the dragon motes - be aware that people were slaughtering these things like crazy right when it when live, so you weren't just competing with the spawn rate alone. Looking at it this morning, the world is covered in them!

As for where's the Crucia and Regulos pinata? This is a celebration of the Ascended's triumph in the last year, slaying 2 of the Bloodstorm dragons, while looking forward those next on the Ascended's list to take down (hint, hint).

Keep the feedback coming, and see you in phase 01 later today!

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I really like the idea of periodic chances to fill up random old currency; I have a character who's a handful of seals away from another source engine, for instance.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I really like the idea of periodic chances to fill up random old currency; I have a character who's a handful of seals away from another source engine, for instance.
    I have to agree with this. There are items I was not experienced enough to realize I should get during River of Souls and I was away from the game during Waves of Madness. Having a chance now (even if it's brief) to be able to get those items rocks.
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

Rift Disciple

In all honesty why are you going through this process to make old currencies available again and then only temporarily...

The real solution would be:

Once an event has run its course the items are moved to another vendor. The currency costs should also change at this time, converting all the old currency into a universal type. This currency will then be able to spent on all the items available on the vendor.
    In addition, there could be ways of converting other currencies such as planarite into the universal event currency to allow those that missed out on an award to work their way towards it even between events.

Quote Originally Posted by Korvan View Post
    In all honesty why are you going through this process to make old currencies available again and then only temporarily...

The real solution would be:

Once an event has run its course the items are moved to another vendor. The currency costs should also change at this time, converting all the old currency into a universal type. This currency will then be able to spent on all the items available on the vendor.
    In addition, there could be ways of converting other currencies such as planarite into the universal event currency to allow those that missed out on an award to work their way towards it even between events.
    While I agree that this would be a very convenient solution, it would go completely against the idea of "event" and "limited time offer" - which requires that players are active during a specific time. I assume that the main idea about the world events in the first place is not to hand out free goodies to the players but to make them log into the game and be active. To make a focused effort of making the game feel more alive during these periods.

Trion has the data and can check if their world events actually cause more players to become more active during these times. If it works, keep the currencies unavailable. If it doesn't work, and players remain as active/passive as always and world events don't have an effect on this, then by all means make it more convenient for players and implement a universal event currency for legacy rewards.
    Last edited by Beringer; 02-09-2012 at 02:10 PM.

I am going to assume that each phase will incorporate Rifts somehow but I was disappointed last night when rifts didn't drop any currency at all, not even the new currency.

In addition to wanting to farm a specific currency, why don't we have rifts drop currency relative to them?

Death - Otherworldly Sourcestone
    Water - Rune King Seals
    Earth/Fire - Dragon Tears(and magma opals to that extent)
    Air - Unique Snowflakes

This leaves the pinatas open to people who want to farm for the rare things that are dropping from them and let's people also farm the currency they want with the PA lures they've earned throughout the year.

Makes total sense to me and I don't see why it wasn't implemented right away. I see no harm in it unless it's a conflict with the world event lore >.>

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast