+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Carnival of the Ascended Event Official PTS Feedback Thread

Ascendant

The Red Obstacles in the mount race don't seem to do anything, and the knockback from the Green Obstacles can be negated by Way of the Mountain.

Tales of the Ascended II doesn't update properly for anyone but the individual player that talked to the Herald of Heroes.

Monte's spawning seems a little funky, sometimes appears a little out from the tent and aggros onto other players denying you credit as they fight back. There are also severe delay issues with him spawning, causing multiple uses of his stash and thus multiple spawns, overwhelming everyone nearby easily.
    Last edited by AlienFromBeyond; 02-10-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Faetouched (Buff) : Infused with power from the Plane of Life. Damage increased by 5% and incoming Death damage increased by 5%.
    Shouldn't the buff be Damage increased by 5% and outgoing Death damage increased by 5%

Soulwalker

Phase 2 (mostly) Feedback

Tales of the Ascended II needs work.

The big problem is that you can't get credit part of the way through the event. So, if I come in during Phase 1 and join a public group, I don't get credit. Also, if I brought a full group, and some random person runs in who's not part of the group, starts it, and then my entire raid doesn't get credit for clearing it... and we'll HAVE to clear it in order to do it again. There should be a timer on both phases, even if it's like 10-15 minutes. I would think, since there's Rift Loot, can you make it so that those who participate get a drop that you can turn in instead?

Turn ins for Dragon Cores should say how many you need to turn-in between runs, not rely on "hope the complete quest light turns on the first time".

Colors of the mini-mount run need to represent their names. The "Blue Horse" should not be colored Red.

I'm not really sure what to do about the fashion show. It doesn't actually give a good timer on who's supposed to stand in the spotlight on the catwalk when, and is anyone going to actually clap for other people?

The borrowed mount quest feels about right. Seemed straightforward enough, as long as you read which color your mount gets to ignore. Considering it's length, should it reward 2 tickets instead of one?

Default Phase 2

for the quest "Taking out the garbage" when you use Monte's stash there is no cool down on it and if you click it multiple times it just keeps spawning Monte and the other mobs.

Taking Out the Garbage - the mob aggro needs work. They rabidly aggro on anything remotely nearby and whoever spawned them might not get credit. They also squished me flat in no time, guess I'm just a squishy rogue though. :P

Mini Horse Racing - There needs to be some sort of indication as to which platform you're standing on. I have no idea which one was for my team. The one time I picked the red team the quest wouldn't even update.

Parade Supplies (Butchering) - the Meridian guy brings up this quest dialogue but I can't accept it--however, I can accept the Outfitter one. Clearer instructions on how to find the hides would be nice.

Phase 0 pinatas - There needs to be a LOT more of these and there should be a hint on the world event window to look for balloons on your map. I also don't understand why they were giving outdated currency that'll just clutter my bags.

Event Mounts - Please put both types on both the Guardian and Defiant merchants. I know I could just mail the currency to my Guardian to buy the horse but it'd be nice to not have to do a juggling act.

Phase 2 - It would be nice if there was a solo method of gaining the Pyrite currency during this phase. A group 5 only quest is meh.

Drinking Game in Shimmersand - Bread should spawn a bit more often, I only saw two breads in my three times running this.

Seacap Ring game - slow the seacaps down a bit please? The best method ended up being throw it in the center constantly and pray one of them ran into it. Very frustrating game.

Balloon Popping - widen the radius for jumping on these just a hair, you had to be really precise.

Phase 2 - where do you collect dragon cores or whatever it was? I had no idea what that meant and the event window was not helpful.

Fashion Show - I gave up waiting after 2 minutes of it telling me to wait backstage. No idea what was supposed to happen but I didn't have the patience to waste my time there doing nothing.

Didn't end up doing the racing quest yet in Shimmersand, will check it out tomorrow.
    Last edited by Cyliena; 02-10-2012 at 06:20 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

In the life rift Tales of the Ascended II, the herald announcer talks over himself.

In phase 1, the turn-in location for the armorsmith (and others) gives you a Freemarch site and hostile Defiant npc for the Guardians and the correct site outside Sanctum will not accept a completed quest. This did correct itself in phase 2, but . . . I doubt that the live phases are going to be 30 minutes apart.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

• When doing the Balloon breaking quest on one of the boats, if you accidentally jump off the side of the boat the quest ends up resetting and automatically removing itself from y our quest log (alongside any of the 20 balloons you had burst.) Anyway to make it so the quest doesn't reset itself or possibly .. add some sort of barrier on the sides so you can't accidentally jump off when.. jumping around bursting balloons?
    • I noticed whenever individuals mounted up (whether it was the new Nebula or other mounts), I'd receive server lag for a quick second. It's similar to the lag when looting planarite from an Invasion mob body.
    Last edited by Riane; 02-10-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gornutz exion View Post
    Faetouched (Buff) : Infused with power from the Plane of Life. Damage increased by 5% and incoming Death damage increased by 5%.
    Shouldn't the buff be Damage increased by 5% and outgoing Death damage increased by 5%
    No, it shouldn't.

I second a few things mentioned on this thread:

1) It takes a lot of jumps to pop the balloons. Is this by design?(baloons are made of special defiant mechanolatex?) Or, is it just a bug that needs some stomping?

2) When I picked up the quest to collect some mining and foraging materials it gave me an item that the game told me could only be used outside of Meridian(I am guardian).

3) Event shoppe items seem a bit...small in quantity? The masks look awesome, the mount is amazing, the valmera pup is cute, but besides the fireworks and the artifact box that seems to be it.

4) I am guessing a lot of the NPC's which were not clickable will become clickable at later phases?

Overall, I like the shroud of secrecy Trion has draped over the whole world event since it seems it will conclude with a big war and possibly the new 20man opening. I can't wait!
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

It's a throwback to older video games and tabletop rpg's where elemental types take increased damage from their counter element. Rifts give the same type of buffs.

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

No, being Touched by a Plane makes you weaker to it's opposite.
    It'd be silly to increase only your Life or Death damage, as some people may not have builds that deal that type of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Carnival Area, Meridian/Sanctum

These areas will be packed and very crowded on a normal shard (Courtyards). I really wish Trion would start using the area next to the tents (Meridian), outside the city to set up World Events. The area of the wagon/parade start is perfect for this (same with Sanctum, move a few mob paths). Reduces lag in the cities and gets us out to rummage about in the lowbie areas.

I'd also like to have music added to the Carnival areas, just something that fades in and out would be fine. Shimmersand was very well done on placement despite some quests still needing work. The wider variety in quests/games were nice. Something for everyone to choose from.

Parade Floats

I absolutely love the Dragon Parades themselves. Great job on those. They could use a few acrobats/firebreathers and musicians for more atmosphere. Throw some of those awesome masks on the npc's matched to the appropriate float. Good job on giving them map icons as well.

Mini Mount Racing

There are pads we have to jump on but there is no color indication for which pad goes with which color horse. Color the podiums appropriately or stick glowing colored orbs on them like the crystal ball at the fortuneteller's stand. Have the appropriate color light up upon the win.

One thing that bothered me about the mini mount racing thing is that I could potentially see some people getting mad at not getting their turn on the game. Right now on PTS I could spam it all day if I wanted to with nothing really holding me back.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #104
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    One thing that bothered me about the mini mount racing thing is that I could potentially see some people getting mad at not getting their turn on the game. Right now on PTS I could spam it all day if I wanted to with nothing really holding me back.
    It is group participation - there are no "turns". Multiple people can be on the same team.

Regarding the confusion on what pad to stand on, an art asset missed the check-in for today's test. The stone pedestal in front of each pan is supposed to have a colored sign on that matches the team color and mouse over text that reads something along the lines of "Red Team jump here to Super Charge your Mini Mount!" Also, the mini mounts themselves should be replaced with solid colored horses in the next build to match the team colors.

Some other fixes are also on the way for that event. Including a fix for why people aren't getting credit for every lap. >.<

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #105

Hey all - thanks again for the continued feedback. We've been getting a lot of great points brought to our attention. It's been one wild ride the last few days, but I'll respond directly to some of the points brought up when I get a chance.

But for now, keep the feedback coming! Also, you may see a few of us running around on the server from time to time, so feel free to ping us in the chat - I had a few great chats where I got to pick peoples brains to get right to the root of the problem. I think a few of you were racing Tacitus on his pony race game today as well.

See you all next week for the later phases.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorH; 02-10-2012 at 09:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast