+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Carnival of the Ascended Event Official PTS Feedback Thread

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    so there is only one q at every phase that gives u the currency for the mount,right?
    That is correct.

so its very easy to get the mount. just have 2 chars and do the qs with both
    the other currencies drop from the pinatas and from dailies?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    Item: [Valmera Cub] *Companion Pet*

Comment: The cub when summoned has no walk or movement animation. Its stiff as a rock.
    Yeah, no animation at all for movement. It kind of looks like I'm dragging around a stuffed and mounted Valmera that died a few years ago.

Rift Chaser

Not sure if this was mentioned, but the carnival game Ring Toss can be won easily, quickly, and mindlessly by spamming the ring on the very middle of the enclosed area. Putting the level of ease aside, I don't think that this strategy was intended to work so well, if at all.
    Currently, you can win the game in an average of 10 seconds. Doing some simple math, you can thus get all 4 pinatas and all 4 hats, 600 prize tokens, in under 2 hours (of mindless grinding the ring toss). If you are really unlucky w/ their position, than under 4 hours.

It may be a good idea to not allow the ring to be tossed on the middle of the enclosed area.
    Last edited by TimeBomb; 02-10-2012 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Outfitter and Artificer get raw material from Butchers doing skinning. Runecrafters get raw material from Foragers.

The raw materials can be traded freely.

I'll try to make sure the quest text on the dailies clarifies this.
    Well if the raw materials can be traded freely, then I dont see a problem for people like me without gathering skills. I guess my guildies have work to do *gets whip*. And yeh the quest text is a big vague on how a gatherer should get the mats :P
    AFK Member of Favouritism
    Founder of The Fabled on EU-Icewatch

Default have lots of the currencies already - something new to do with them?

My Feedback (based on mostly reading here, work has not allowed me time to go on the PTS):

I think it's great that there is another chance to fill up stacks of the past event currencies. That will be great for anyone who would still like to fill out their collections, or could use some of the items (weapons for rune-kings) while still gearing up/etc.

I would just like to know if anyone considered adding a new way to spend existing currencies from the previous events? I have a large number of flakes and one other currency sitting in my bank, and I've already purchased all (or most) of the available items off the vendor. Could there be something more useful I can do with the leftover currencies at some point? Or should I just toss em?

The new event sounds like fun regardless, and I am looking forward to playing it on live.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerromi View Post
    Yes, heaven forbid people that were not around when it was available or could not complete the grind necessary due to real-life constraints have a second chance.

This attitude is toxic and should be worthy of public flogging.
    Maybe you enjoy that but being publicly flogged is not my thing.

I. DONT. CARE. You should've been there, you should've had the time. I really don't give about your time constraints, real life problems whatever. Why should I? You certainly wouldn't care about mine.

Now the thing is. I've dedicated some time and effort to getting those currencies and now everybody who wasn't there for the events can get ALL the exclusive mounts, costumes, pets who BEFORE were a badge that told "I was there". Now they tell nothing. So they are stripped of their worth and from what I get, you get CRAPLOADS of these currencies too.

If I knew they would be worthless on 1 year anniversary, I would do other stuff and maybe pay for another game's sub or something.

And don't get me wrong. I am not angry. This is just a game and those are just virtual items. I am just dissapointed. I thought they will be worth to show off to people in a few years as some kind of accomplishment.

Well, at least I have my exclusive titles... or DO I?
    Grim Yollidan the Insomniac, Blightweald EU
    WARNING! Treating my posts too seriously is not advised. Reading may cause headaches, anger, disbelief and nausea. If you find yourself in any of these conditions, please consult your psychotherapist... or your mom. Also cry a river and use a steamboat to cross it. You have been warned!

Defiant mount (spoiler) http://i.imgur.com/5blJw.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Yolen View Post

I. DONT. CARE. You should've been there, you should've had the time. I really don't give about your time constraints, real life problems whatever. Why should I? You certainly wouldn't care about mine.

Now the thing is. I've dedicated some time and effort to getting those currencies and now everybody who wasn't there for the events can get ALL the exclusive mounts, costumes, pets who BEFORE were a badge that told "I was there". Now they tell nothing. So they are stripped of their worth and from what I get, you get CRAPLOADS of these currencies too.

If I knew they would be worthless on 1 year anniversary, I would do other stuff and maybe pay for another game's sub or something.

And don't get me wrong. I am not angry. This is just a game and those are just virtual items. I am just dissapointed. I thought they will be worth to show off to people in a few years as some kind of accomplishment.

Simple solution, wipe the world vendor at the end of each year and start over with only new items.

It would be interesting if after this event (give a month or so for us to use up currency), that the world vendor would be wiped and only included new events for the next year. All the old items would then be unique to those playing the first year. Then rinse and repeat the Carnival each year to let newer players get things from the previous months.

Quote Originally Posted by Yolen View Post

I'm not as hard nosed on the issue as you, but I definitely have some concern regarding the practice.

A once a year celebration of the Ascended's conquest with one last chance at the event currencies of that year? Neat idea, I suppose.

I've been around since launch, but skimped on some event items because the events got boring as time went on and I didn't foresee a weapons wardrobe feature. I'll still have my titles and achievements if I get some desire to trumpet how old school I am down the road.

On the other hand, if this becomes the type of yearly event where every currency from every year since launch is available, I think that ultimately cheapens the individual events. If the titles and rare items from the previous events makes a reapparance, then it makes a hard case for players at the pinnacle of their pursuit (11/11 HK, fully geared R40) to simply unsub until actual new content is released and as much as I enjoy the world events, the core purpose seems to be a stop gap measure to account for development time, while delivering lore and transitions.
    Last edited by Leif; 02-10-2012 at 10:40 AM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #71
    Rift Team

Deep Fried Butter...It isn't supposed to make you feel good ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    I'm not as hard nosed on the issue as you, but I definitely have some concern regarding the practice.

A once a year celebration of the Ascended's conquest with one last chance at the event currencies of that year? Neat idea, I suppose.

I've been around since launch, but skimped on some event items because the events got boring as time went on and I didn't foresee a weapons wardrobe feature. I'll still have my titles and achievements if I get some desire to trumpet how old school I am down the road.

On the other hand, if this becomes the type of yearly event where every currency from every year since launch is available, I think that ultimately cheapens the individual events. If the titles and rare items from the previous events makes a reapparance, then it makes a hard case for players at the pinnacle of their pursuit (11/11 HK, fully geared R40) to simply unsub until actual new content is released and as much as I enjoy the world events, the core purpose seems to be a stop gap measure to account for development time, while delivering lore and transitions.
    THIS. As long as this would be LAST chance to obtain these items I would swallow that. But I'm afraid it would be not.
    Grim Yollidan the Insomniac, Blightweald EU
    WARNING! Treating my posts too seriously is not advised. Reading may cause headaches, anger, disbelief and nausea. If you find yourself in any of these conditions, please consult your psychotherapist... or your mom. Also cry a river and use a steamboat to cross it. You have been warned!

The mounts are really awesome!
    The vanity pets too, and i'm so sad they are not bind to account to get both!
    The dragons are so cute too, especially Akylios.

Oh yes, Twilight blossom don't drop helium flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by Hesperius View Post
    Defiant mount (spoiler) http://i.imgur.com/5blJw.jpg
    the. coolest. mount. EVARRRRR....

brb need to clean my pants out

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
    Deep Fried Butter...It isn't supposed to make you feel good ;)
    then why do Scottish people eat Deep Fried Mars Bar?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast