+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Carnival of the Ascended Event Official PTS Feedback Thread

Telaran

Default Pinatas as pets

The models for pinatas are seriously awesome, but omfg where is my pet version!? MUST HAVE!! Please, please, please give us pinata baloon pets in this event! They don't have to do anything other than follow us around on a string and just simply be the awesome floaty balloon that they are.

/beg&plead

Quote Originally Posted by Frod View Post
    The models for pinatas are seriously awesome, but omfg where is my pet version!? MUST HAVE!! Please, please, please give us pinata baloon pets in this event! They don't have to do anything other than follow us around on a string and just simply be the awesome floaty balloon that they are.

/beg&plead
    Not sure if srs.

Is there an ETA when this event will be live?
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frod View Post
    Please, please, please give us pinata baloon pets in this event!
    You can drool over this screenie then until the Event drops

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9507/balloonsh.jpg

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #245

Hey all - just got the word that today's build is good and on the PTS shard already. Phase 00 will be kicking off today at 3pm (PST) for the start of the retest. There will be bigger announcement shortly with the full schedule.

See you at the carnival.

Edit: schedule is up
    http://community.riftgame.com/en/201...y-210-4pm-pdt/
    Last edited by ExcelsiorH; 02-20-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Phase 0: The number of pinatas still needs ramped up. I was seeing 2-3 up at a time at best, 0 at worst. This is with maybe 1-2 others in a zone (I tried three different zones).

Soulwalker

Tales of the Ascended Raid quest is still horrible.

First, the fact is, some one is going to be oblivious to the fact that it's a raid quest and start the raid rift. There's still no timer for it, so 99% of the time, we'll be doing this twice. That's lousy.

Second, we didn't get a chance to check whether the quest updates now for the entire raid if someone talks to the Herald. Why? See the first part. We had 5-6 people trying to get past phase 2, and then the boss did some move and healed from 25% to 65%. We left at that point.

Get rid of the "Talk to the Herald" part of the quest. Seriously. Ditch it. Make killing the 2nd phase of the rift drop a quest item so we can turn that in. Otherwise, I can guarantee you, this will be the #1 complained thing when Phase 1 hits live.

Oh god, the ringing, the ringing! I adore carnival sounds as much as the next guy (in fact, I love the little soundtrack over there) but the put-a-ring-on-a-seacap * 20 people spamming rings = Muted Meridian

Also: the popcorn is AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolfinna View Post
    I came her to post this too! After I transformed I ran around it was too funny.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kolfinna View Post
    Yes, yes it is. The fact that it's an in-combat one made me so happy, can't wait to use it on my warrior and tear stuff up as a Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    Yes, yes it is. The fact that it's an in-combat one made me so happy, can't wait to use it on my warrior and tear stuff up as a Troll.
    Oooh, yeah. That reminds me of my only "complaint" about it: Can it get a casting/ranged attack animation? Yes, yes, I know. Trolls casting spells. But I'm going to eat this every two minutes until my guild kicks me from the raid, so anything to make it MORE animated would be awesome!

Rift Chaser

Sorry if this was already posted.
    The balloon pop improvements are very nice. I feel it is much more in line with the others.

There is a bug though. When you have the buff "Balloon Stomper", you can not leave the balloon area.
    This is good and all - you don't want to jump out. But after I get all 30, I have to wait until the buff expires before I can leave (or I can right click the buff, I suppose). It'd be nice if after you get the 30 and complete the objective, you either don't get the buff anymore or it doesn't hold you in the pen when you have it anymore.

Also, even with the Balloon Stomper buff, I can still jump out of the pen through the open 'doorway' headed to the seacap pen.

Also, the ring toss quest - the item casts fully even when I click out of range. I would prefer it instantly interrupt or just not cast if I do not click in range. Thanks.
    Last edited by TimeBomb; 02-20-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBomb View Post
    snip
    5 minute edit time...

Just checked the balloon popping quest in SS.
    The balloons are noticeably harder to pop than the Meridian/Sanctum one.
    This one also seems to bug out. I popped 9 of them and only saw the quest message for 6-7 of them being popped [the quest did update to 9 though, just the notification didn't always show]. I was popping them slowly too. There was more than enough time for the old notification to fade.

ooo interesting, does the balloon seem to hint Laethys stands on her hindlegs like a t-rex?
    Last edited by Inixia; 02-21-2012 at 12:59 AM.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #255
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBomb View Post
    Sorry if this was already posted.
    The balloon pop improvements are very nice. I feel it is much more in line with the others.
    Yeah, I completely gutted it and rebuilt how it worked under the hood.

The collision when you have the buff - the main purpose is to let you just start bouncing around with the Balloon Stomper buff (which is a stacking speed buff) without worrying about flying out of the balloon area (especially on the boats!). The intention is not to keep anyone trapped exactly (hence still being able to leave through the gate in Meridian. I did just change the barriers in Shimmersand and Sanctum to let you access the quest guy while under the buff effect (and likely give a chance for the buff to expire since it is only 5 seconds long). I enjoy having the barriers there because it makes the entire thing almost feel like a bounce house to me as I fling myself bouncing around the play space, but I am not convinced they are quite up to where they need be. Options I am considering:
    • Add visuals to the perimeter (visuals would only be viewable while under the effect of the buff). Downside - the visuals would likely obscure/clutter the visuals of the play space a lot, and depending on what style of visual barrier (vfx vs objects like velvet ropes) it could impact performance by adding too many vfx, especially in the cities.
    • Strip the Balloon Stomper buff off of players when they reach the target goal of balloons. This would also mean not being able to pop anymore balloons once they hit the goal. No real downside other than some people might like to keep bouncing around without needing to turn-in and retake the quest.

Another thing I am still considering is greatly increasing the number of balloons and increasing the number needed to match. I am interested in feedback on the current number of balloons and the number needed to stomp.

Regarding other games - I am VERY interested in feedback on the Fashion Show, especially with multiple players and with audience participation. I did a lot of rescripting on it, including polish like the NPCs in the audience voting as well. The Defiant and Guardian soldiers in the back corners even participate - if you are of the wrong faction, they may make rude gestures or otherwise taunt the person on the catwalk!

I will investigate the issue you mentioned with the Ring Toss, and also chase down the audio guys about the noise of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast