+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Carnival of the Ascended Event Official PTS Feedback Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #211

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBomb View Post
    Attack the Outposts - phase 5 pyrite dubloon quest. 5 person quest, not raid, so I apologize for the confusion on my end.
    Objective: Kill a Guardian Outpost Quartermaster and 2 Guardian Outpost Qaurtermaster Assistants

So.. where to find them? Well, you have to look hard - there is no objective/description/help past the mob names. I found them on my way back to Fortune Shore's port in SS, and they were level 50 and aggro'd me inside[maybe right near] the town.
    Thanks for saving me the time to look it up!

We realized (too late) that we put out a lot of quests without map markers - believe it or not we put each and every one of those in to data by hand. We're doing a clean up pass on that right now though. For now, you can find an outpost in each zone (not SM or IP) along the main road.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorH; 02-15-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Phase 6 earth rift: The Ravenous Maw... on Stage 3 only two of the three Gilded Stingers spawned. Timer ran out and we can't find it anywhere, so can't close the rift.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #213

Hey all - so we had a slight miscommunication with the build team today and no new data was pushed to the PTS servers today. So, while you're seeing all of the content of the event, you're not seeing the latest and greatest - which is a drag because we had actually caught up to all the feedback and forward addressed a lot of the issues in phase 06. These things happen when you've got so many moving parts.

But still, keep the feedback coming - we'll make sure we hit the things we can.

We're currently planning on doing a second run of the entire event, starting tomorrow, with all of the changes we've made since last week. Keep an eye out for an official announcement tomorrow to see if we get it going.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorH; 02-16-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorH View Post
    Hey all - so we had a slight miscommunication with the build team today and no new data was pushed to the PTS servers today. So, while you're seeing all of the content of the event, you're not seeing the latest and greatest - which is a drag because we had actually caught up to all the feedback and forward addressed a lot of the issues in phase 06. These things happen when you've got so many moving parts.

But still, keep the feedback coming - we'll make sure we hit the things we can.

We're currently planning on doing a second run of the entire event, starting tomorrow, with all of the changes we've made since last week. Keep an eye out for an official announcement tomorrow to see if we get it going.
    Thanks, that explains a lot. We're currently wondering why Phase 6 seems so.. barren. ;)

In case ya'll haven't caught it yet, two phase 6 quests are named the same thing: Find and Kill Combatants.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Phase 6, Captain Toria in Sanctum gives two quests, both entitled "Find and Kill Combatants"

Both quests are totally different and one quest has the objective to kill two named, yet says break up 3 fights.....screenies to explain better..

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9131/quest1g.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5085/quest2d.jpg

Infernal Awakening zone event in Scarlet Gorge: all of the wardstones have fallen but the defend stage did not increment down and the zone event still has not failed.

Default Phase 6 Invasion *Feedback*

Hey guys.

Ok, so while I read what was missing this post is feedback on the Invasion.

While I know some of you Devs helped me out on a couple of glitches.

I do not know the specific Earth rift but its the one that is involved with Rock Elemental type mobs.

During Part 3 of the rift it failed to spawn a bug or I did not see it for the objective making it impossible to complete for the event.

Again thank you for by passing the loop so I can try out the bosses.

The mini invasion mobs that head to the wardstone, were pretty balanced and I did like the combination of this Event's NPC and Commander.

Now as for the Rifts, again I was hurting for time due to Hammerknell raid time so after raid, *4 hours later*, I will be able to go back and test them and see if I can find anymore bugs.

Note: Please leave the invasion available and Phase 6 until I am done with raid.

Now for Generals that appear at the end of the Invasion.

I had no trouble soloing them. However I would implore you to tweek them with a few more attacks.

I was thinking fire tornadoes with the fire dragon and for the earth dragon some ground AoE of some sort. No poison, that mechanic is used to often.

Event is sooo not ending how I expected it to. Huge letdown.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Event is sooo not ending how I expected it to. Huge letdown.
    Well half the stuff is missing.

But what were you expecting to happen? I have a feeling some of what you may be looking for will come with the zone events tied to this phase (I believe there are two).

Maybe we were wrong and this isn't even the precursor to Infernal Dawn. Maybe it will roll straight into a smaller world event (like 3 phases) that focuses totally on ID?

The other thing I was gonna ask the Devs is wether it would be possible to make a sort of "the story till now" recap via ingame cutscene like we had for Waves of Madness. It told the story of the world event pretty quickly. Even if it was just a voice over, I feel like the world event is very chaotic and things seem to be happening without any real purpose. Are there any plans to do something like this? It was honestly one of my favorite things in Waves of Madness.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Default Achievment

You know what bums me out, that not a single soul in this community has asked or a Developer bother to mention.

Is the missing...

Legacy achievements

I have been patience enough and the fact there are no Legacy achievements to be achieved like the previous world events, I am quite... disappointed in Trion.
    Last edited by Toxen; 02-17-2012 at 04:49 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    You know what bums me out, that not a single soul in this community has asked or a Developer bother to mention.

Is the missing...

Legacy achievements

I have been patience enough and the fact there are no Legacy achievements to be achieved like the previous world events, I am quite... disappointed in Trion.
    Half the world event isn't working yet, there is alot to be done yet. Panic next week. This is still a couple weeks out.
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Default Phase 6 Feedback *Items*

The following items were discovered with problems.

[Sublime Encrusted Brimstone]
    [Sublime Shimmering Brimstone]
    [Sublime Glittering Brimstone]
    [Sublime Impregnable Brimstone]
    [Sublime Coruscating Brimstone]
    [Sublime Scintillating Brimstone]

Problem: Missing Fire Resist.

The Phase 5 title is "the Soldier", granted from the item "Writ of the Soldier". Apparently this title and the item already exists? http://rift.zam.com/en/item.html?rif...01#Discoveries

I agree with a few posters ago on the achievements, would love to see at least one or two for the event. For example, one for playing X number of carnival games and one for gathering X number of glass throw beads... maybe even one for destroying X number of pinatas.

Default Phase 6 Feedback *Invasion*

Infernal Awakening zone event

Rift - Red Dawn

NPC Bug: "Inferno Imp"
    Problem: Doesn't do anything.

Rift - The Ravenous Maw

NPC Bug: "Gilded Stingers"
    Problem: The last one doesn't spawn to complete objective.
    Last edited by Toxen; 02-17-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    Infernal Awakening zone event

Rift - Red Dawn

NPC Bug: "Inferno Imp"
    Problem: Doesn't do anything.

Rift - The Ravenous Maw

NPC Bug: "Gilded Stingers"
    Problem: The last one doesn't spawn to complete objective.
    None of the new rifts grant credit or any rewards when finished either. I got some credit earlier, but when I closed about 6 rifts this morning I got credit for none of them and got no rift loot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast