+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Carnival of the Ascended Event Official PTS Feedback Thread

Ascendant

Appreciate the definitive and clear response on the situation. Really been liking what I've seen so far from the event, having each phase be driven by players makes them feel a whole lot better. My only concern is high population servers potentially going too quickly and denying players who don't log on often/fast enough the opportunity to experience it at all. I assume each phase is on a timer so even if you're on a low pop server that can't do it quickly it'll advance on its own eventually.

Ascendant

During the civil unrest zone event the rifts were bugged - got to the close ten death rifts stage and no rifts would open, Tears just kept appearing and despawning without opening. When the event finished (failed)

rifts opened everywhere

Attack the Outposts - any mob worth experience is updating this quest
    Civil Unrest (zone event) - no death rifts opened and tears were spazzing out all over Shimmersand.
    Decisive Action - Command Ralsis is not where the minimap states he will be. No idea where to find him

Ascendant

Some of the guards at the Defiant camp in Shimmersand are flagged incorrectly and are hostile to everything. They attacked me and friendly Fortune's Shore guards.

EDIT: I hear the Guardian ones are friendly to us Defiants as well.
    Last edited by AlienFromBeyond; 02-15-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Attack The Outposts - Objectives are appearing on the tooltips for, well, pretty much anything. Random monsters, friendly targets in meridian, even some pets. They appear to count for the quest as well.
    Where are the outposts for these guys anyways? There are no waypoints and the description doesn't tell us either.

Decisive Action - It's taking us to 7030, 6990 with a chat bubble for Commander Raisis, but he is nowhere to be found.

Attack the Outposts (Guardian Version) - updates from any mob worth xp and it tells you to turn it in in Meridian.

Decisive Action (Guardian Version) - Chat bubble for Commander Xavier is better than the Defiant one but no one is there. It took me near where the Defiants are practicing at their tent. I don't see a guardian tent at the Shimmersand/Droughtlands border either. Not sure if that's intentional.

The phase goals state just "Kill Defiants" and "Kill Guardians"... at this point people are figuring this is only other players, so can it be changed to "Kill Defiant Ascended" and "Kill Guardian Ascended"?
    Last edited by Cyliena; 02-15-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Soulwalker

Civil Unrest Zone Event

The banners feel like they have no HPs at all. 20K is not a lot. It's also really ugly to even try to attempt the 2nd part when the opposite faction is going to steamroll your last 1-3 banners while you try to close the Death Rifts. BTW, the death rifts weren't spawning, either. Now, there were quite a few Death Footholds spawned when the 2nd part started, was that was was intended to be killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyliena View Post
    The phase goals state just "Kill Defiants" and "Kill Guardians"... at this point people are figuring this is only other players, so can it be changed to "Kill Defiant Ascended" and "Kill Guardian Ascended"?
    Okay nevermind that, we just figured out that turning in the quests progresses the phase goals. Can the world event window please be more clear about this? "Kill Guardians by completing tasks from Defiant commanders" or something!

Commander and Assistant Quest: Any random mob can be killed for credit, whereas intended mobs do nothing.
    Decisive Action: NPC is AWOL.
    Saboteur Quest: is working as intended as far as I could tell

^Probably all already touched on trying to make a post real quick before I have to get ready for work.

Requested quality of life changes: Weapon Enchants, as well as Pre-Orders no longer erase already applied buffs on our weapons. We all want to show them off, but can't without gimping ourselves.

Spoken of millions of times, but please WEAPON WARDROBE SLOTS!!!! The new weapons for this event are just amazing, but once again can't use them. I soooooooooooo want to be a Rogue running around with a Scythe!

What I would like to see the most! Storm Squall, Anniversary Confetti, Fireworks, and all such items from all of the world events should be instant cast off GCD, with a 20-30 second CD so that we could macro them into some of our abilities to add some flavor. Would be soo freaking awesome to use a finisher ability and at the same time throw some confetti!
    HAHA

Also Planar glows for our characters themselves should last through death!

Those are my thoughts. Loving the work you guys are putting into this one! Keep it up!
    "You lost me at Balance"

Defiant Quartermasters keep attacking me! lmao
    "You lost me at Balance"

Rift Chaser

Phase 5 is a disappointment. I got all the quests and there is very, very little direction in most of them. The only one with an objective point on the map, Decisive Action, has no NPC at the point on the map! Just about everything else is not very descriptive and is confusing and I have no idea how to do them.

On my way back to the SS Fortune Shore port, I found the Guardian Outpost Quartermaster mobs screwing around in SS. No marks or anything except for the quest notes when hovering over. They aggro'd me on my way back to the port. They shouldn't be aggroing me on my way back to a level 40 town's port. Not cool.

Guardian Saboteurs? What? Where? Huh?

Kill Guardian Players - Good. Let's get some PvP action going on!

The actual phase 5 objective - Kill mobs, players, both, specific mobs, what, where? As with all the other phases, it needs a more in-depth description.

The removal of all the carnival games was is not very welcoming to me. In fact, I do not like it so much, that because of it, it makes phase 5 easily my most disliked phase of this world event yet. Keep in/change up some things so that it is still fun.

I am still very worried that this world event, mainly the quests to get pyrite dubloons, are heavily oriented towards level 50s. This is just plain bad, and I do want to hear insight from the developers on this supposed issue.
    And I say that as a someone with a nicely geared level 50. This event seems like it should be oriented towards the newbies, lowbies, and casuals more than anything. Hell, it should be like that, at least partially, in all world events. But the coolest thing in this event is the mount, and I just see a non-level-50 having a very difficult time trying to get enough dubloons to get this.

In terms of the mounts hullabaloo - I suppose I can live with this. Personally, I'll be getting Nebula now, and Tindrel in the next world event, I suppose.
    Last edited by TimeBomb; 02-15-2012 at 06:03 PM.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #207

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBomb View Post
    I am still very worried that this world event, mainly the quests to get pyrite dubloons, are heavily oriented towards level 50s. This is just plain bad, and I do want to hear insight from the developers on this supposed issue.
    I think it's been cleared up already, but just to be sure - the mobs that spawn for those quests are spawned at the same level as the player - and in most cases you can do it at multiple locations, so getting there is not an issue. Also (behind the scenes) anyone just hanging around will get credit for that quest too, we've made them very forgiving.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorH; 02-15-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorH View Post
    I think it's been cleared up already, but just to be sure - the mobs that spawn for those quests are spawned at the same level as the player - and in most cases you can do it at multiple locations, so getting there is not an issue. Also (behind the scenes) anyone just hanging around will get credit for that quest too, we've made them very forgiving.
    I see. Okay, thanks for the clarification. So, in this case of the phase 5 raid quest with the guardians, they are in more than just one location with lower level versions, or a lowbie just has to be near them when they die, or has to beg a level 50 to invite them to their party, or...?

Thanks again for the clarification - I, and I am sure everyone else, appreciate the high level of communication with the community and everyone's feedback.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #209

I'll double check it - but the raid quests should not be where you get the doubloons from. The raid level quests are intended for level 50s only, as a nod to giving the more advanced characters something unique (and harder) then the standard world event quests.

The doubloons come from the group quests in phase 02-06 - these are the kill a few mobs at your level, possibly an elite.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorH; 02-15-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorH View Post
    I'll double check it - but the raid quests should not be where you get the doubloons from. The raid level quests are intended for level 50s only, as a nod to giving the more advanced characters something unique (and harder) then the standard world event quests.

The doubloons come from the group quests in phase 02-06 - these are the kill a few mobs at your level, possibly an elite.
    Attack the Outposts - phase 5 pyrite dubloon quest. 5 person quest, not raid, so I apologize for the confusion on my end.
    Objective: Kill a Guardian Outpost Quartermaster and 2 Guardian Outpost Qaurtermaster Assistants

So.. where to find them? Well, you have to look hard - there is no objective/description/help past the mob names. I found them on my way back to Fortune Shore's port in SS, and they were level 50 and aggro'd me inside[maybe right near] the town.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast