+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Carnival of the Ascended Event Official PTS Feedback Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #181

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    It sounds like I am being hard on you guys, but I think you need to know what a lack of clarity on objectives would bring about a massive amount of QQ. Clarity is extremely important. People need to know what to do.
    We took this to heart on day 1 of the test - and have been reviewing every piece of quest text for clarity. No matter how harsh the feedback may sound, if it's constructive it makes the game better for everyone: it pushes us to deliver the best we can and it gives all of you something fun. So keep it coming.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorH; 02-14-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
    Hey folks, wanted to post some quick things, to calm your fears!

The mounts will be on both vendors. In fact I'm doing that tonight before I head home.
    The Dubloons will not be going to BoA. The express intent is to prevent people from getting the big ticket item on day one. We want you to both play and enjoy the entire event, not just the 5 hours of grinding you'll do on day one for the mount. (e.g. 1.5)

The Phase03 dailies do actually work, but there are problems, the main one being that I forgot to add map markers, so you will know where to go. A problem I am addressing along with the itemization stuff I am working on.

The mount concerns make me happy actually. It means everyone likes them! Thanks for testing and giving feedback, keep it coming!
    Can we kill parade leaders =D

@ExcelsiorH Next time you come to the events dont make your name DEV (SPACE) ExcelsiorH, makes PM's impossible LOL.
    Last edited by Am0n; 02-14-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #183
    Rift Team

I don't know about Parade leaders...but I can neither confirm nor deny that Asha may show up some time to kick Guardian teeth in.

I don't know about Parade leaders...but I can neither confirm nor deny that Asha may show up some time to kick Guardian teeth in.
    I was said, Slowly picked off all of a Guardian Parade, just to finally have only the big dude left, and he was friendly
    "You lost me at Balance"

Ascendant

Its a shame we can't beat up on our own faction. I kinda would like to kick Shyla in the teeth (she just bugs me).

Glad to see you guys are pragmatic about the feedback. I really do like the event conceptually, but testing it has been frustrating to say the least at times. The last two phases are the ones that interest me the most, so I am very excited to see how those shake out.

Killing parade leaders would be fun!

I loved Waves of Madness for many reasons (many epic zonewides, cool special rifts, great dailies (seacap race!), the little in game cutscenes outside HK fortress). I dunno if this one will live up to that (if indeed it rolls into Infernal Dawn like most people speculate it will) but its looking very good and more importantly very BALANCED. I like that all types of players have things to do. Raiders, small group players, solo players, rp and crafters.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 02-14-2012 at 11:45 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

While pts is testing last phases, phase 0 or 1 will start on live today right?
    AFK Member of Favouritism
    Founder of The Fabled on EU-Icewatch

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge-RaideR View Post
    While pts is testing last phases, phase 0 or 1 will start on live today right?
    I very much doubt that. My money would be on next week at the earliest.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 02-15-2012 at 05:46 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Hey folks, wanted to post some quick things, to calm your fears!

The mounts will be on both vendors. In fact I'm doing that tonight before I head home.
    The Dubloons will not be going to BoA. The express intent is to prevent people from getting the big ticket item on day one. We want you to both play and enjoy the entire event, not just the 5 hours of grinding you'll do on day one for the mount. (e.g. 1.5)

The Phase03 dailies do actually work, but there are problems, the main one being that I forgot to add map markers, so you will know where to go. A problem I am addressing along with the itemization stuff I am working on.

The mount concerns make me happy actually. It means everyone likes them! Thanks for testing and giving feedback, keep it coming!
    I still do not understand why mount collectors have to level another character just to get both mounts, I accept that you don't want all the coins collected in the first phase but there should be a way to catch up or get enough for both mounts by the end of the total event. Forcing people to do stuff they do not normally do in the game simply to get a coin for a mount seems to go against the whole idea of this being for enjoyment.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeli View Post
    I still do not understand why mount collectors have to level another character just to get both mounts, I accept that you don't want all the coins collected in the first phase but there should be a way to catch up or get enough for both mounts by the end of the total event. Forcing people to do stuff they do not normally do in the game simply to get a coin for a mount seems to go against the whole idea of this being for enjoyment.
    Trion is NOT FORCING you to level an alt to acquire both mounts on your main. If you are the type of person who has to have everything "right now!", then by all means, level an alt so you can purchase both mounts during THIS event... Trion already stated that the mounts will be available again during the NEXT world event. Thus, you can either "grind" out a second mount during this event, or exercise some patience (the horror!!) and wait for the next world event.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #190
    Rift Team

The goal isn't to get both in this event. Originally you were not going to even have a chance at the other faction's mount, since it was, you know, the other factions'. The goal is for you to have a chance at a mount this event and the other mount next event. If you jump through some hoops (an alt) to get both in one event, good for you! But that is not the goal.

Believe me I fully understand the desire to collect mounts. I'm one of you!

Default actually no i am not

Quote Originally Posted by Azurrei View Post
    Trion is NOT FORCING you to level an alt to acquire both mounts on your main. If you are the type of person who has to have everything "right now!", then by all means, level an alt so you can purchase both mounts during THIS event... Trion already stated that the mounts will be available again during the NEXT world event. Thus, you can either "grind" out a second mount during this event, or exercise some patience (the horror!!) and wait for the next world event.

First off I do NOT have to have everything right now. Somewhere I missed the post where the mounts would both be available in the future. BUT this still does not change the fact that my fiance and I are being forced to play in a manner we do not enjoy simply to get a coin per phase. He and I do not raid, we do not do 5 man anythings. We enjoy duoing our way through everything that is available to us and right now that is quite a bit of stuff, which makes us happy. YET this event, that is supposed to be for everyone to enjoy is about to force us to play in a manner we do not find fun at all. I know we may be in the minority where preferring groups of 2-3, but this game has given us so many ways to do just that for hours at a time per day.This makes me feel that we are not completely alone in this playstyle. I know no one is forcing me to collect mounts, it's my thing, I enjoy having an assortment, and up to this event getting event mounts did not require 5 man quests of any kind.

BTW we do take part in invasions and rifts whenever we see them, but that is a very different situation.

The goal isn't to get both in this event. Originally you were not going to even have a chance at the other faction's mount, since it was, you know, the other factions'. The goal is for you to have a chance at a mount this event and the other mount next event. If you jump through some hoops (an alt) to get both in one event, good for you! But that is not the goal.

Believe me I fully understand the desire to collect mounts. I'm one of you!
    but just to be clear, we CAN get both mounts this event? if we can't then at some point we WILL be able to get both mounts? i say this because they are my the coolest mounts that i have ever seen in this game so far and i want both of them on my main character at some point

i have alts to use to get both of them, the question is, can i get both on my main character?

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #193
    Rift Team

Yes, you can get both mounts in this event, but it will require more effort. Or you can get one this event and one next event.

Sword of Telara

Yes, you can get both mounts in this event, but it will require more effort. Or you can get one this event and one next event.
    Can you confirm it won't be RNG from Rifts, like the Spotted Fae Yule Mount from the last event? As in, we can get 1 from Dabloons this event, but if we want 2, we won't need to farm Rifts until our eyes bleed. My understanding, we need alts to get a second mount.
    Last edited by Anthony01; 02-15-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #195

Let me hijack this thread for a second and clear up some things about the mounts - since that's been a big concern for some. I realize not all of the intent is visible on the PTS yet, between bugs and things shifting due to feedback. I'll try to be as specific as I can to clear up concerns:
    * You will only be able to get ONE mount with a single character in this event
    * Your character will have the choice from both mounts when you purchase your mount
    * Mounts will be Bind on Account
    * You can have both mounts on a single character by the end of the event, but that will require using an alt (and giving up that alt's ONE mount for the event by mailing it to your main)
    * BOTH mounts will be available again in the next world event - so you will have a chance in the future to get the second mount for a character without using an alt
    * We're revisiting the labeling and difficulty of quests in each phase that give out the doubloon - but they will not be brought down to solo difficulty (we're shooting for group 2-3)

As Kerilar pointed out, this is a big shift in the paradigm for mount acquisition in events. What we saw in the past was that a majority of people would spend their first sessions with the event doing what ever grind was required to get the mount - ignoring the rest of the content and leading to a lot of 'grind fatigue' and 'useless event' feedback. This grind mentality also had a secondary effect, in that, as a majority of players disengaged from the world event in early phases - it often made it harder for late comers to find help in the grind/questing of the event - since they missed the wave (also creating negative feedback).

When we sat down to discuss how to remove that fatigue we decided on this experiment to spread peoples' play times out over the course of the event - with so much content, why burn out on day 1? The goal being that people take part in the event more often, with less investment time per session - getting all of the fun of the content, without the worry of missing their rewards at the end. (you may notice other subtle stuff we've introduced over time to reduce the stress of 'coming up short' - dates on the UI, consistent payouts per phase, etc...)

As with any requirement for gaining something, there's going to be people who don't enjoy that type of content - be it grind, questing, pvp, raiding, RNG, etc... For this event, we went with something we think most people are comfortable with doing - quests. Right now though, the difficulty of those quests may be over-estimated by the labels - we're looking at it.

Our goal is closer to 2-3 man groups, factoring in for a mass of players all trying to do the same quest that week, should make it easier to find someone to help (though we've been seeing some people solo them with little problem). But, ultimately we think the effort required for this mount should be lower than any previous event - there's no RNG, there's no grinding - it's just 6 quests (do 5) spread out over time.

Hope this clears up our view on the topic, but I'll end with my usual disclaimer about world events: nothing is in stone, we're constantly looking at what worked and what didn't - and finding new ways to evolve the process so we don't end up with the same designs every event. Each event is constantly reevaluated as the game grows to make sure we’re giving the best fit for the current state of game every time.

Keep the feedback coming!
    Last edited by ExcelsiorH; 02-15-2012 at 02:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast