+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Carnival of the Ascended Event Official PTS Feedback Thread

Ascendant

Not very happy with Phase 3. Its a complete disaster. Nothing seems to work. The 5 man quest doesn't work. the main objectives for the phase don't work. I followed a parade around for almost an hour, no rabble, no hooligans, and no guardian guys to kill for the 5 man.

This phase needs alot of work.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cyliena View Post
    The seacap water arena (for Ring Toss) in Sanctum had no water and only one Cappy, which made it pretty frustrating to complete it. ;)
    I discovered the other Cappy flying through the air above the arena. :P
    Mononic - Faeblight

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Ack!. I had missed that one. Fixed and waiting rollout to PTS (hopefully tomorrow).

I made some changes that should impact this. The ability now has a 6.5m range (was 8m). The play area has a 7m radius, so it should be able to hit the center now, but not center on it. I also tweaked the movement of the seacaps so they should spend 50% less time crossing over the center.
    Everything you did got out except that I can still toss the ring over the very center - but it isn't that useful anymore, as they don't go over the center very much. GJ.

I, and others I have talked to, am not happy with the change to Pyrite Dubloons being soulbound. I personally like Nebula a lot more than Tindrel, and don't want to have to make a guardian and do all the quests while also doing them on my main [defiant], just to get the mount I want. I really hope this is changed, or Nebula is added to the defiant vendor [and Tindrel to guardian vendor].

I am also concerned about how to get Pyrite Duboloons in general. The quests seem to be 5-man kill quests meant for level 50s - correct? How will new players get pyrite dubloons? Sneaking into level 50 parties? No, not an acceptable excuse.
    If the quests conform to people's levels, then great - ignore this remark. Otherwise, you need to add in ways for newbies to get the mounts. After all, you are planning on attempting to bring in a lot more new players via advertising/sales for the 1-year anniversary, right? So let them get the mount.

And, my last bit of feedback - the world event's are not descriptive enough, in terms of getting the main phase objective[quest] complete. I have no idea what to do for phase 4.
    Last edited by TimeBomb; 02-14-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Rift Chaser

(Ugh, can't edit my post...)

Also, I want to add that the balloon pop quest just isn't very... good. It's boring, dull, and also just plain takes too long - at least versus the other ones. The balloon pop is still a bit laggy (to the point where it contributes to the entertainment loss), but better than before (I think, kind of hard to tell). There are a lot more people doing other things [i.e. ring toss] over the balloon pop for a reason. It's kind of like the game that you try once and don't do again. The others are more enjoyable and quicker.

The balloon pop should be spruced up IMO. Different color balloons, balloons that give more than one 'point'[towards the 20 objective]... maybe some balloons that go from dark to normal to light color, and then pop - but, they can be popped by running over them. So they take a bit longer to pop(have to run over them 2-3 times to go from dark to light color.. or whatever), but you don't have to jump. Things like that.

Also, a suggestion for a carnival game. First, I must say that one of my favorite repeatable quests in this game is the 'fight club' in Perspice (Scarwood Reach). You can do it 4-5x a day, and I enjoyed doing that more than just about any other repeatable quest in the game. My suggestion is simply a "beat up the carnie" game. Get ported into a small arena, a carnie spawns and starts trying to beat you up, and you have to 'kill' him to get the prize ticket.
    Last edited by TimeBomb; 02-14-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBomb View Post
    Everything you did got out except that I can still toss the ring over the very center - but it isn't that useful anymore, as they don't go over the center very much. GJ.

I, and others I have talked to, am not happy with the change to Pyrite Dubloons being soulbound. I personally like Nebula a lot more than Tindrel, and don't want to have to make a guardian and do all the quests while also doing them on my main [defiant], just to get the mount I want. I really hope this is changed, or Nebula is added to the defiant vendor [and Tindrel to guardian vendor].

I am also concerned about how to get Pyrite Duboloons in general. The quests seem to be 5-man kill quests meant for level 50s - correct? How will new players get pyrite dubloons? Sneaking into level 50 parties? No, not an acceptable excuse.
    If the quests conform to people's levels, then great - ignore this remark. Otherwise, you need to add in ways for newbies to get the mounts. After all, you are planning on attempting to bring in a lot more new players via advertising/sales for the 1-year anniversary, right? So let them get the mount.

And, my last bit of feedback - the world event's are not descriptive enough, in terms of getting the main phase objective[quest] complete. I have no idea what to do for phase 4.

I agree with the pyrite doubloon issue. All other currencies are BoA, with pyrite doubloon staying soulbound. It's a major concern for a collector, a lot of people enjoy both mounts and want to have them for their own.

We have the guardian fireworks available on the vendor as defiant, and the description even says "Celebrate the guardians!" ... Why don't we have the mount and pet too? It's BoA anyway, so obviously it was intended to be shared cross-faction.

The balloon quest is very time consuming, and very annoying to complete. If the requirement was reduced to about 5, it would then require about as much time and effort as the ring toss quest, which would be fairly welcoming. Right now I don't see too many people hitting up the balloon quest for tickets.

As for the world event descriptions - I have yet to know exactly what to do for any of these phases yet. It's simply too vague. There are a few other culprits too, like the quests requiring helium (something) - I have no idea where to get it.
    Last edited by SarahR; 02-14-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Soulwalker

Well, the Tales of the Ascended quest is now on Part 3. Except the quest you get in Shimmersand STILL says part 2. That's not right.

It still has the same issues as before, where if someone starts it up, you can't join in the middle. Plus, unlike Hylas which hit like a pansy, Calyx you'll actually want a tank for. Which was phase 1, and still asked for 36 things to die. Which, dunno if that's working as intended or not. But still, you still need to be able start in the middle of Phase 1, and the Raid Rift still needs a timer on it so it can reset.

We're also not sure on the daily/weekly. We did get attacked by Sabetours, but it felt totally random when walking by the Master Guardian Sabetour who we're unable to attack (another one showed up during the wave who was elite).

The description is NOT helpful on what we're supposed to do, either. Protect Siege Camps? Where? Deliver supplies? I don't remember getting asked to do that. I get asked to bring back War Trophies to rebuild.... floats? I'm assuming War Trophies = PvP lootables, but huh.

Not sure if anyone has posted about this yet, but the auto-advancement of the outfitter quest that you're supposed to turn in outside of Meridian, the map tracker shows the turn-in at the same spot, but the NPC is nowhere to be found. If you zoom in, it'll actually show two turn-in spots next to each other. Also, the weekly group quest, Stop the Master Saboteur, isn't showing a location on the map to go to for it. Walsingham told me that it wasn't working just yet, but figured I'd post it here as well.

Your threats are mine.
    11/1/11 11/11 Terrible Idea

Ascendant

Riding though fortunes shore The ground slow affect from teh race was slowing me even though i wasn't on the quest and couldnt see it.

It was really unclear where to go for the sabotuers quest. they spawned randomly n shimmersand as i was riding past and both quests updated to complete.

then i noticed the master sabotuer next to the tree and spoke to him, he gets mad - don't do that if you're on your own, he hits hard!

shooting the dwarf out the canon is a nice little fun touch, has no purpose but really who hasn't wanted to shoot dwarfs out of canons at some point.

The new civil unrest zone event in shimmersand was........... interesting. with only a few people taking part it didn't really work well so it is difficult to judge but it seemed like a nice idea for pvp - defend your flags and capture the guardian flags.l

it didn't flag me for PVP which is good I think, leaves the PVP optional and you can just go after teh NPC's if you choose too

I love the theatre raid rifts I think they are brilliant, overall this world event has more variety in the content, solo, group, crafting, pvp is all there.

but it is pretty much the same for each stage and I don't get the feeling that with each phase there is something new to look forward to

Phase 3: Stop the Defiants and Stop the Guardians both update from killing anything that's worth experience.

Phase 4: Only did Stop the Saboteurs, also had Stop the Master Saboteurs in my journal and that also updated from the same mobs that updated the solo version.

I saw an icon for a Civil Unrest.. foothold maybe?.. on my map in Shimmersand but there was nothing there. Not sure what that was supposed to be.

Also mentioned above, we're being offered Tales of the Ascended II during Phase 4. Another thing mentioned above about the Race Around Fortune's Shore slowing you down even when you're not on the quest--it seems it's the water ones, they get you as you pass unknowingly over them.

edit: Are the Gutterborn Muggers in Shimmersand from this phase? I don't recall them from before.
    Last edited by Cyliena; 02-14-2012 at 06:06 PM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #175
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyliena View Post
    edit: Are the Gutterborn Muggers in Shimmersand from this phase? I don't recall them from before.
    They are there starting in phase 2, but become more common in 3 and then 4 (by 4, they are groups of muggers). If you are still drunk from the drinking game on the boat, they are interested in going through your pockets for loose change...

Other quick notes before I get out of here for the night:

The Tales of the Ascended event is going through a lot of clean up now by another designer.

The world quests for phase 3 on are also getting a lot of work from other designers right now.

I think I have a handle on what has been causing the Mini Mount Race game to stop being offered, though a fix won't go onto the PTS until Thursday probably.

I am FINALLY going to get a serious crack at revising the Balloon Stomp tomorrow - because I am the first to agree that the current performance of it is AWFUL. >.<

The Fashion Show is close to final implementation of _intent_, but is VERY buggy at the moment. QA handed me a lengthy bug list for it today.

It IS intended that the mount currency this time is tied to the group (5) quests (after the first week, which is essentially a freebie). The mobs that spawn are based on participant level, so they should still be doable by all players (or so I understand - it isn't my content and I am relaying info on this subject). The vendors WILL be getting both mounts, so you will have a choice. The currency will remain BoP since it is intended to reward people that participate in all 6 phases, not someone that ran all of their alts through the freebie quest on the first week.

Thanks again for all the feedback, everyone. The event team is all watching this thread closely.

It's coming along nicely. This event deffinitely breaks the mold of "close X rifts and collect X of this". I am really happy about that! Also, since this world event will most likely start soon-ish(Elrar, or another dev, did say closer to the 1 year anniversary) I fully expect for devs to continue to collect feedback on the PTS as the event's earlier stages hit live. Your work and dedication isn't unnoticed, Trion devs. The industry is quickly noticing how high the bar is being set by all of you.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Ascendant

The Tales of the Ascended seems random actually. I got Tales of the Ascended Part 1 (Fall of Aedraxis) last night when I did it. Prior I had gotten Part 3, which is the Hammerknell one. These are great. My major issues seem to be with the clarity on what we need to do for various tasks. I'll play around some more tonight and hopefully have some more detailed feedback.
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Can kill all of the opposing factions parade. Minus the damn big dude that leads it.. He is friendly =(
    Probably an anti-gried measure, but certainly ruined my PTS fun LOL.
    Last edited by Am0n; 02-14-2012 at 09:37 PM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Ascendant

Once again just like last phase, the actual phase objectives don't appear to work. What supplies? Where are the seige camps? This is starting to worry me since these are the most important things about each phase (ya know for progression). On the plus side, the new invasion is interesting and seems quite fun. Not sure what it has to do with ember isle though. I'm guessing that warning is actually for the invasion that accompanies Phase 6.

The 5 man quest works, but the sabs need a map indicator so people know where they are.

It sounds like I am being hard on you guys, but I think you need to know what a lack of clarity on objectives would bring about a massive amount of QQ. Clarity is extremely important. People need to know what to do.

I really love the Tales of the Ascended raid rifts. I haven't been able to do the death one or water one yet. I will say they need to give better reward or people won't do them. Its not worth 10 tickets thats for sure. They honestly should drop at least loot equvalent to say a expert rift.

I hope we see some other ones. Since we haven't faced of against anything from the plane of air yet, that would be the only one. But you could do a fire one using mobs from Rise of Pheonix, or a earth one with mobs from Gilded Prophecy. I actually would love it if the theater stayed after the event ended, so people could see some of the bosses they may not ever see otherwise. And over time as the ascended achievce other landmark victories, more stories can be added at each year's anniversary.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #180
    Rift Team

Hey folks, wanted to post some quick things, to calm your fears!

The mounts will be on both vendors. In fact I'm doing that tonight before I head home.
    The Dubloons will not be going to BoA. The express intent is to prevent people from getting the big ticket item on day one. We want you to both play and enjoy the entire event, not just the 5 hours of grinding you'll do on day one for the mount. (e.g. 1.5)

The Phase03 dailies do actually work, but there are problems, the main one being that I forgot to add map markers, so you will know where to go. A problem I am addressing along with the itemization stuff I am working on.

The mount concerns make me happy actually. It means everyone likes them! Thanks for testing and giving feedback, keep it coming!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast