+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Inscribed -> XP <- Planrite price discrepancy on PTS

Default Inscribed -> XP <- Planrite price discrepancy on PTS

currently on the PTS, there is a problem in the price of either XP or inscribed sourcestones from the vendor in meridian

50,000 XP costs 12k planarite - ok
    100,000 XP costs 20 inscribed sourcestones - seems kind of pricey but ok

this means that the value of 20 inscribed sourcestones is equivalent to 24k planarite right? and then 1 inscribed should equal 1,200 planarite....

1 inscribed sourcestone costs 15k planarite - what?

I think someone accidentally added an extra 0 onto the end of the inscribed source stone price!

I'd love to farm invasions for planarite to get my inscribed rather than be forced to wait around all day for zone events but currently this isn't possible with these prices
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 01-23-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Qan

It does seem a bit off.

Currently the vendor will convert 1 Inscribed into 500 Planarite (more if you have guild perk)
    20 Inscribed = 10,000 Planarite when converted

12k Planarite for 50,000 exp
    or
    10k planarite = 20 inscribed = 100,000 exp

maybe they don't want people converting the Inscribed into planarite for whatever reason.

Planarite conversion = 4.167 exp per Planarite
    Inscribed conversion = 10 exp per equivalent Planarite

It's 2.4 times more expensive to buy EXP with Planarite than Inscribed.
    Planarite is also a lot easier to get though, that may be why.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    1 inscribed sourcestone costs 15k planarite - what?
    what
    Last edited by Qan; 01-23-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    Rogue DPS BiS | Critical Hit | Soft Cap: 1187 | Hard Cap: 3163
    Retired | ANet: Qan.4672 | Steam: qankriegor

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

Its not a typo.

The intent is to allow some planarite conversion to inscribed if you desire some extra inscribed. We do not want to turn planarite farming into the best method of gaining inscribed.

~Daglar

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Daglar, I am more curious to know when that planarite cap will be flat out removed (or doubled) now. With 1.7's additions to planarite spending, there's going to be lots of current fluctuation with planarite.
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Its not a typo.

The intent is to allow some planarite conversion to inscribed if you desire some extra inscribed. We do not want to turn planarite farming into the best method of gaining inscribed.

~Daglar
    There's "pricey" and "absurd." Just putting that out there.

I need a planarite dump, and I need inscribed sourcestone - and not for planar attunement xp. Currently, in order for me to fill out the necessary engines I need for raiding (DPS engine, healing engine, and possibly tanking engines [but tanking being less necessary], as well as all-purpose resist engines), I need inscribed sourcestone.

While I understand the idea behind not having planarite farming == most efficient method of obtaining inscribed, things already get very mind-numbingly grindy when trying to get inscribed sourcestone. If I want a large amount of the stuff (which I kind of need, since essences are 150 inscribed a pop), I need to go to Ember Isle, do a crapton of dailies, possibly forgo dungeons, do onslaughts, etc. And repeat this the next day, and the next day, etc.

Perhaps a more reasonable value might be 5k planarite per inscribed. After all, in order to farm planarite, you'll be doing the same things you do to farm inscribed sourcestone anyway (i.e., planar events of pretty much any variety). But, this still makes planar xp easier to get through strictly planarite.

I have to agree with bctrainers; I'd love to see the planarite cap modified, even if it only means an increase.

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tomaj View Post
    large amount of the stuff (which I kind of need, since essences are 150 inscribed a pop), .
    100 it is.

Wouldn't it be a lot faster if Trion gave us right away all the exp to fill all planar attunement ?
    Do you even realise how much exp you will gain on this patch ?
    What's next ? 10P for 250k exp ?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    Wouldn't it be a lot faster if Trion gave us right away all the exp to fill all planar attunement ?
    Do you even realise how much exp you will gain on this patch ?
    What's next ? 10P for 250k exp ?
    Ye basically each time you give something, you get asked for its double...
    Last edited by Gaaz; 01-24-2012 at 02:42 AM.

"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn..".

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tomaj View Post
    There's "pricey" and "absurd." Just putting that out there.

I need a planarite dump, and I need inscribed sourcestone - and not for planar attunement xp. Currently, in order for me to fill out the necessary engines I need for raiding (DPS engine, healing engine, and possibly tanking engines [but tanking being less necessary], as well as all-purpose resist engines), I need inscribed sourcestone.

While I understand the idea behind not having planarite farming == most efficient method of obtaining inscribed, things already get very mind-numbingly grindy when trying to get inscribed sourcestone. If I want a large amount of the stuff (which I kind of need, since essences are 150 inscribed a pop), I need to go to Ember Isle, do a crapton of dailies, possibly forgo dungeons, do onslaughts, etc. And repeat this the next day, and the next day, etc.

Perhaps a more reasonable value might be 5k planarite per inscribed. After all, in order to farm planarite, you'll be doing the same things you do to farm inscribed sourcestone anyway (i.e., planar events of pretty much any variety). But, this still makes planar xp easier to get through strictly planarite.
    Just doing zone events when they pop, I'm at close to 2K inscribed with a full DPS core, and upgrade water resist core, a bard core, and a tanking core already done. Inscribed are easy to get.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Its not a typo.

~Daglar
    Wouldn't that be accomplished by doubling the cost? If the math in the first post correct then 1 inscribed should be valued at somewhere near 1200 planarite. Adding 50% to make the transaction inefficient would make it 1800... adding 100% to make it so you use it when you need to dump planarite, or need that last few inscribed would be 2400. Making it really expensive so it's only used in emergencies and a nice round number would be 3000.

At 15000, it's gone plaid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Just doing zone events when they pop, I'm at close to 2K inscribed with a full DPS core, and upgrade water resist core, a bard core, and a tanking core already done. Inscribed are easy to get.
    Pretty much all the currency I find ridiculously easy to get if you go out of your way to farm it (and sometimes even if you're just doing something else it falls from the sky... quite literally). That doesn't mean there can't be problems with the conversion systems.

I don't agree that converting from one currency to another should be a 1-1 trade (IE 1200 planarite to 1 inscribed, or 1 inscribed to 1200 planarite) but setting it at 15K means the max you could ever buy at a time is 4 inscribed. You can get more than that in 10 minutes in any event.

If they want it expensive then make it 3k, which means you could buy up to 20. Not even enough to buy one lesser essence.... but enough that if you were 5 or 6 short for an essence you would consider it.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    I don't agree that converting from one currency to another should be a 1-1 trade (IE 1200 planarite to 1 inscribed, or 1 inscribed to 1200 planarite) but setting it at 15K means the max you could ever buy at a time is 4 inscribed. You can get more than that in 10 minutes in any event.

If they want it expensive then make it 3k, which means you could buy up to 20. Not even enough to buy one lesser essence.... but enough that if you were 5 or 6 short for an essence you would consider it.
    Pretty much agree with this. 3-5k seems sensible and would make it an interesting/difficult choice, 15k is overkill, no one would EVER convert meaning you just wasted time implementing it.

Can't see the problem.

We need planarite dumps, but we have them already via essences.
    We now have an ISS dump for XP.

We also now have an alternative planarite dump, optional, by way of ISS exchange.

The Planarite - ISS - XP exchange doesn't need to be circular for it to make sense. It's optional.

The 60k cap, while easily reached, is easily dumped, now more so. If you dump 60k planarite on essences, ISS or ISS tokens, it's not as if you are capped again 5 mins later, you can easily dump planarite without it affecting your gameplay. Hell, even if you don't in the slightest micromanage it, it's not as if you get the 'full' message every five mins or even every day for that matter if you dump down to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Pretty much agree with this. 3-5k seems sensible and would make it an interesting/difficult choice, 15k is overkill, no one would EVER convert meaning you just wasted time implementing it.
    What else were you doing with your Planarite then? Buying old lures no one uses? Random augments that might sell for a plat? While I'd rather see a dump for rift consumables personally an inscribed stone trade works well enough.
    Greybriar Guardian Bard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast