+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trion, you want us not to be able to defeat HK?

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kolfinna View Post
    You tried too hard. "Senticar" doesn't get "Ageless Ice, Endless Winter, Agressive Renewal, Fae Hammer, Cascade, Mental Flare or [its own] Verse of Joy". Separating Mana Potions from Mana Tonics was just padding your list, since they share a CD. And the Mental Flare shouldn't be wasted on a Senticar this bad.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...Mo0c.E0Ehbsxco

Hm. Odd. Ten points into Druid I see Fae Hammer. Must be a typo with Zam.

Edit: Also could someone please post exactly what the TC, and everyone else, is talking about since nobody has yet explicitly mentioned it, I don't play on the PTS, and a quick glance through the two sets of change notes don't seem to mention anything? "Loss of 30% mana reduction" sounds like a Mien of Honor nerf, but sounds and is aren't always the same thing.
    Last edited by Marikhen; 01-22-2012 at 11:54 AM.

senticar is a tank healer that uses DoL to proc serendipity. it offers little for raid healing that you can't do better on a dps.

that said the 30% mana cost unfortunately only punishes healers that use DoL, it doesn't punish DPS that uses DoL (since they have renewal or are a shaman).
    Last edited by Jimhalpert; 01-22-2012 at 12:46 PM.

i personally wouldn't have the stones to touch DoL at all without rebuilding the whole class

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by pkAngelo View Post
    You nerf Senticar seriously. My whole guild depends senticar to heal all up. You improve T1 raid gears and increase the chance of getting greater marks. But now you nerf one of the most important spec in the raid. Are you self-defeating?
    If this is an issue you're not yet HK-ready. I'm not talking about gear.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by WriteThemWrong View Post
    They should have a cleanse, its only 16pts into sent, and they get touch the light and healing invocation with that. They certainly don't have all the utility senticars have but they can come close or meet senticars in healing, at least I have as inquisicar. And on fights with ads, soul drain and CoO will give you a ton of reparation healing. They may not be doing respectable dps but they aren't losing any dps with MoH.

What senticar has over inquisicars is utility so why wouldn't you get another brez, especially for progression.
    Two words More dps.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 01-22-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Plane Walker

Biggest issue I see is, why bring an AoE healer cleric (senticar being considered the best) when you can bring a much better chloro?

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kolfinna View Post
    You tried too hard. "Senticar" doesn't get "Ageless Ice, Endless Winter, Agressive Renewal, Fae Hammer, Cascade, Mental Flare or [its own] Verse of Joy". Separating Mana Potions from Mana Tonics was just padding your list, since they share a CD. And the Mental Flare shouldn't be wasted on a Senticar this bad.

Next time, I suggest, "Go Shamicar if you're having mana issues. Once you L2Purpose, you'll be back to having plenty of mana." It's still trolling a baddie, but it's more accurate, and thus more angering!
    Heh the whole purpose was just to list all the options availaible to a DoL healer to regen his mana. You certainly don't get all at the same time (or you might as well just remove the mana bar and make all spells free to cast), but if your primary concern is able to spam DoL as much as your conviction gaining rate allows it, then there are a ton of options as a cleric so sustain it mana-wise.

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimhalpert View Post
    senticar is a tank healer that uses DoL to proc serendipity. it offers little for raid healing that you can't do better on a dps.

that said the 30% mana cost unfortunately only punishes healers that use DoL, it doesn't punish DPS that uses DoL (since they have renewal or are a shaman).
    imo senticar is a DoL machine that can tank heal as well, and brings 2 brez. I'd only really suggest using it on progression runs when people aren't used to the fights yet. plenty of other icar specs for various situations.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Purutzil View Post
    Biggest issue I see is, why bring an AoE healer cleric (senticar being considered the best) when you can bring a much better chloro?
    Prolly cause, even an aoe cleric, has far better ST heals and Shiat buttons, than that of a chloro...
    More combat rez's to. (rng can be a ***** sometimes.)

also, clerics can sometimes, aoe heal from the get-go. Chloros need a little time to build up to maximum powah.

You know, burst over sustained heals.

As for hk and killing raids?
    Nah. My guild, thats just getting to boss #3, will find the rest slightly easier, cause our current gears getting buffed.
    I See an easy 200+dps/hps per player... Easy.

This basically means we'll have an easier time taking some bosses down that are really gear over skill dependent.

It never makes any sense to require the same tier gear, to kill that tiers bosses.
    You should be able to kill that tier boss, at the previous tiers gear level, and the new tier gear, just makes it easier.

If you cant beat hk in full t1, its a problem with the game, not skill. ( this isnt the case now, but would have been if devs had been less careful about the gear.)

Shadowlander

My build is 40sent/14justicar/12inq. Hence, I call it "senticor" instead of "senticar." I have purpose and the aggressive renewal to restore mana. But sometimes purpose is not useful because of its low mana regeneration level and it is safer not to get close to the boss.

Right, in most fight we can use DOL carefully so that we won't lack mana. But I don't know how a senticor would have enough mana in fight the third boss of ROTP. Our guild's dps is not enough. Besides a bard and a chrolo who cleanse, I should both heal the tank and the whole raid; I mean I am solo healing in the third boss fight. This fight requires a lot of raid healing as well as tank healing. I can't see how even with carefully using of DOL a senticor could still have enough mana in this fight.

Maybe all of your guildmates are very strong. True, if there are two healers then it won't be a problem. True, if you are a cleric with full HK gears then you won't have the problem. But I am claiming that Trion is self-defeating: he lowers than the difficulty of getting T2 raid gears but at the same time does a very intentionally move which increases the difficulty of getting T2 raid gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Purutzil View Post
    Because chloros aren't even in the same league as justicars when it comes to raid healing through surges of raid damage. You will always have at least one chloro in your raid of course, but adding additional chloros only adds in LGV heals and flourish on the raid healing end of things. Unless we're talking about sicaron, pound for pound a justicar hybrid brings more raid healing than basically any other spec.

Morekson - Cleric Class Lead and GM
    Terrible Idea - Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2