+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion, where are the things you promised us?

Ascendant

Default Trion, where are the things you promised us?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
    Not every change we are intending is up yet in patch note form or on test. To help alleviate some of your concerns I want to share a couple of these changes with you.

First we will be putting up a change to the way we handle Physical DPS in PVP. This has been a concern for a while and has been a difficult change to make work right. However this change should be available soon for you all to test. This is an important change for 1.7, rest assured it has not been forgotten.

Second we are working hard to get another fix in for Energy starvation on the Warriors. The goal here is for this to impact players who are not popping Tablets like candy more and create less of a need for these consumables.

And third we will be giving the Beastmaster a couple new abilities to help them be desirable again. This is not intended to make them more desirable than anyone else, but we are hoping it once again makes them a viable choice.

Keep your eyes open for these changes, they should be coming up shortly.
    It has been two and a half weeks or so since the first set of 1.7 PTS notes were posted. We were promised over two weeks ago that all of these things would be worked on.

...So where are they? How do you plan for us to test something when we have no access to it?
    Last edited by Hunt55511; 01-18-2012 at 11:44 AM.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Yeah, where are our damn hero classes? What about siege weapons in PvP? Where are our free Akylios loots? Where are the damn PvP relics? I'm getting fed up.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by daboohk View Post
    Yeah, where are our damn hero classes? What about siege weapons in PvP? Where are our free Akylios loots? Where are the damn PvP relics? I'm getting fed up.
    I'm not being unrealistic here. Atrius has point-blank said these things are coming in 1.7. If we're going to test them, that first requires they show up on the PTS.

Rift Disciple

I hope you get banned soon, every topic I've opened in the past 10 minutes has a completely useless troll post from you.

On topic: Changes like these need to be well thought out and pushed to the PTS in a reasonable state. This is exactly the kind of thing that, implemented poorly, even on the PTS, the playerbase goes into a frenzied rampage of fear and misinformation.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

We are working on the additional changes and many of them are done internally. We want to get a build up to PTS as soon as possible but are gated by a few technical difficulties.

~Daglar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatShabba View Post
    I hope you get banned soon, every topic I've opened in the past 10 minutes has a completely useless troll post from you.

On topic: Changes like these need to be well thought out and pushed to the PTS in a reasonable state. This is exactly the kind of thing that, implemented poorly, even on the PTS, the playerbase goes into a frenzied rampage of fear and misinformation.
    I understand the need to double/triple/quintuple-check something, but they've had over 2 weeks now, and last time I checked, "Soon" meant less than half a PTS patch cycle.

EDIT: Says the angry warrior while a dev is typing out a post.
    Last edited by Hunt55511; 01-18-2012 at 11:55 AM.

So fighting for the little guy is trolling now? Sorry I can't invest 96 hours per week into the game.

Shadowlander

pvp relics would be nice. would make my character actually useful and then i could go into hk and do some more dps, my rank 8 pvp gear is nice but imagine if it were relic. i put in the time to pvp (once or twice a week) the same as the pve people do, i should be rewarded
    Last edited by Evilleprechaun; 01-18-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Can we please get some Hit/Focus on PvP gear? Can we also remove vengeance and bring back the old pre-nerfed synergy crystals? I spent the time earning this gear, I should be able to fight Akylios with it.

I don't see where they promised anything. They said they are working on it. Trion has been really good over the last year at fixing things and adding things for us. Maybe the stuff is just not ready yet.

Why do people insist on taking everything a dev for any game says and suddenly turning it into a "you promised"?
    Characters: Guardian-- Peregrinus and Aguila : Defiant-- Sparverius and Gunther

Greybriar PvE server.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We are working on the additional changes and many of them are done internally. We want to get a build up to PTS as soon as possible but are gated by a few technical difficulties.

~Daglar
    Daglar, just out of curiosity when Progress Set 2 makes it to PTS will it include changes not already mentioned in Elrar's notes (outside of end-game item tweaks) or is that still an accurate list of what's planned for it?
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

So fighting for the little guy is trolling now? Sorry I can't invest 96 hours per week into the game.
    yes I too find your replys to be nothing more than trolling. Free Akylos loot? hmm go fight him

Ok I'll fight him but can we at least make him a little bit easier?

"Should be up shortly" implies to me that it's being worked on but they don't have a definite answer as to when. When I give an estimate like that, it means there are problems I have not yet solved and I don't know how long it'll take.

Think of it like "looking for my keys". You can say you usually find them pretty quickly, but you will never know how long it will take to find them until you have already found them.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Quote Originally Posted by Enaki View Post
    Daglar, just out of curiosity when Progress Set 2 makes it to PTS will it include changes not already mentioned in Elrar's notes (outside of end-game item tweaks) or is that still an accurate list of what's planned for it?
    It may - we'll be re-posting the full list of changes for the next major PTS update in their entirety.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast