+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion, where are the things you promised us?

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    It may - we'll be re-posting the full list of changes for the next major PTS update in their entirety.
    Cool. Looking forward to seeing how it all shakes out.
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    It may - we'll be re-posting the full list of changes for the next major PTS update in their entirety.
    any ETA on that?

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #18

Quote Originally Posted by Zoam View Post
    any ETA on that?
    As Daglar said - we'll be getting a build up to PTS as soon as possible, but we've got some technical maintenance going on before that can happen.

The good thing is (and what you don't see on the outside) the devs can keep working and make changes even if we're not always able to get a build to PTS when we want to - so there's always cooking going on in the kitchen!

And so now, in proper fashion, as such a response would dictate - there's currently not an ETA, besides as soon as physically able.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Elrar; 01-18-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatShabba View Post
    I hope you get banned soon, every topic I've opened in the past 10 minutes has a completely useless troll post from you.

On topic: Changes like these need to be well thought out and pushed to the PTS in a reasonable state. This is exactly the kind of thing that, implemented poorly, even on the PTS, the playerbase goes into a frenzied rampage of fear and misinformation.
    we dont bann people for being creepy.
    "hey umm you know that guy we locked up for looking creepy...we gotta let him go"
    {WinterXI >>>> 13th Edition}

Where is the nyancat mount I was promised during the charity event? :P

Shadowlander

i still dont like the fact that they make all easier..

and the T3 buffs also (specially relics)

my only hope is that the new 20man raid (in the future) will be as hard as HK when it was released (even with full hk gear)

also i would love to see the "huge" item changes etc on the PTS. if they reduced some buffs etc.

and than let it stay on the PTS for soem days. and LISTEN to the bug reports or balance issues people are goin to tell TRION on the forums. and dont rush it out fast.

Shadowlander

Well, for the new 20man raid to be as hard as HK was it'd have to have alot of bosses or super OP bosses with the crazy *** stats people have now. It is to my belief that they worked on HK for a long time and for the new 20 man to be equivalent they'd have to have more people working on it or to leave us waiting when they stand a chance at loosing people in far progressed guilds.

For them to make the 2 20 man 2 10 man like they did with T1 they'd have to bust out content all the time or make the 2nd ones alot harder than the first because people are getting more organized, guilds are getting more powerful.

The content will not last as long as the first 4 did because people are going to be right on the *** of every new raid that comes out.

I personally hope they don't ever buff the stats on Hk or Pre-HK items again, you shouldn't hand out T1 when T2 comes out, same with T2 and T3, etc. All T1 Raids are going to be exceedingly easy to the newer guilds now and they won't get the same experience as us. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with people progressing faster, it's just IMO not right. People thrive on the difficulties of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by desertyeti View Post
    I don't see where they promised anything. They said they are working on it. Trion has been really good over the last year at fixing things and adding things for us. Maybe the stuff is just not ready yet.

Why do people insist on taking everything a dev for any game says and suddenly turning it into a "you promised"?
    Well if a company announces they're doing X changes to their product, it is either a promise or a marketing scam. In this case let's hope it was a promise.

He has every right to be in expectation too, after all for 4-5 months all melee got were nerfs & mindless "fixes" those buried the two callings deep six under.

Isn't it interesting every warrior is actually a mage in PvP, shooting magical arrows from their arse but not swinging huge axes?

Making a MMO takes 3-6 years. 4, at average.

It's been 5 months, HOW LONG could fixing melee damage issue can take, seriously. They've buffed casters, and buffing them more, fixed a lot of their bugs. Melee were ignored totally. I'm sorry but yes, he has the right to ask.

It WAS a promise. I mean if it wasn't a scam, originating from fear of SWTOR (not sure here).
    Last edited by Nemrud; 01-18-2012 at 11:22 PM.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrud View Post
    Well if a company announces they're doing X changes to their product, it is either a promise or a marketing scam. In this case let's hope it was a promise.
    Or a statement of future intent, which might change if there are unexpected problems.

I mean, that does happen.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Or a statement of future intent, which might change if there are unexpected problems.

I mean, that does happen.
    like flying combat in WoW?

i understand that you can have unexpected delays in making/changing things but just tell people "we run into X problem when doing this and are working on fixing said problem" then we know they are working on it and it prevents these threads. i mean a pts sticky listing all the changes for the next patch and crossing them off as they get the done and posting delays would make thing easier for everybody.

Champion

I'm not sure physical damages needs a fix.

I'm pretty sure magical damages needs a nerf. Or at least, magical resists should actually exists in PvP
    Last edited by Gaaz; 01-19-2012 at 12:58 AM.

"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn..".

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    I'm not sure physical damages needs a fix.

I'm pretty sure magical damages needs a nerf. Or at least, magical resists should actually exists in PvP
    I am insanely curious to see how the physical damage change plays out in Warrior V Rogue fights.

Right now a Rogue needs to be careful when approaching a Warrior. If they buff both of our physical damage equally I see us Rogues destroying Warriors simply because we can pop in and out of the fight, and if CD's are up lean a fight in our direction 99% of the time.

A Warriors current counter to a Rogue attack is mitigating physical damage, it isn't the same story for us Rogues, we use stuns and stealth to keep from getting hit, were not in your face fighters.

Im trying to think how to say this intelligently LMAO.

Note: I am aware that isn't how EVERY Rogue or Warrior fights. Just an example I guess.

I'm at a lose. It is on the tips of my fingers though, I am concerned Rogues will have a significant upper hand with physical damage changes if they aren't careful though.

But then again everyone having a breakfree could be a flaw in how I am thinking, but even then breakfree has a cool down.
    Last edited by Am0n; 01-19-2012 at 01:09 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    I am insanely curious to see how the physical damage change plays out in Warrior V Rogue fights.
    I fear they will turn this "physical damage fix", in an "armor nerf". Poor warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    I fear they will turn this "physical damage fix", in an "armor nerf". Poor warriors.
    Just finished editing my post LOL.

That is what I am trying to say though. I already spec for armor pen, and I do fairly well against warriors. I'm 100% not one of the people crying Warriors are OP. Right now they are a rough fight, nothing impossible though.

Mixing up armor pen with a heal syphon almost negates a Warriors full heal and that is already on a 5 min cd, now lower their armor and I just dont think it will be fair.

And I was keeping my own before running ROTP and HK, now I am runnin around with 200+ hit in PvP.
    Last edited by Am0n; 01-19-2012 at 01:12 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Just finished editing my post LOL.

That is what I am trying to say though. I already spec for armor pen, and I do fairly well against warriors. I'm 100% not one of the people crying Warriors are OP. Right now they are a rough fight, nothing impossible though.

Mixing up armor pen with a heal syphon almost negates a Warriors full heal and that is already on a 5 min cd, now lower their armor and I just dont think it will be fair.

And I was keeping my own before running ROTP and HK, now I am runnin around with 200+ hit in PvP.
    Ye I miss 1 Molten Brand ...Maybe this week (*fingers crossed*).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast