+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Update Discussion

Ascendant

its "assumed" you have green gear? what kind of assumption is that? I don't think you guys are realizing how many HK raiders are rank 1

if valor is normalized and you're bolstering anyone below rank 13 to that valor, then its a major issue and should be looked into
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKillian View Post
    so if a Rank 1 PVPer happens to also be fully HK relic geared, he'll be at a huge advantage?
    Support was on the right path,

The bonus is a maximum allowed value and goes with whichever is higher. If your personal stat is higher than that individual stat is not bolstered.

So no - we're not going to roid out players who are otherwise just missing Valor/Vengeance
    Last edited by Elrar; 01-13-2012 at 07:35 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    What happens to my prestige rank 1 and 2 armor I am currently wearing if it is being removed?

I don't want to be naked! =X

It's only being retired from vendors, and will no longer be required to purchase the next set of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    When will we be able to see the new pvp pa path on PTS?
    Soon(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by Support View Post
    You are increasing stats for rank 13 and lower to ensure a more competitive battles in the future against high rank and low ranks.

Does that mean the actual stats between rank 13 and rank 40 are minor? So we won't see rank 40's trampling over rank 13's like we see with rank 1 and 8 now?
    40s will still have a significant advantage over bolstered players. It will be similar to the difference between a Rank 4 and 8 in the current system.

We have some changes rolling out that should ensure more ranked matches occur, which should reduce the overall amount of unranked matches. They'll still occur, just less frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    I have to say, I love these changes. I've been messing around with PVP lately on my cleric main and I've had some fun healing in them. These changes will give me even more reason to PVP. I just hope the queue times are shorter. I only queue for Black Garden and Library because I don't really like the other warfronts and the queue times can take awhile at times...
    As Elrar posted earlier in the week, queue times are a huge concern we're focusing on. We're have a solution in place that we're really happy with, and hope to have it out to Live servers in the near future.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Support was on the right path,

The bonus is a maximum allowed value and goes with whichever is higher. If your personal stat is higher than that individual stat is not bolstered.

So no - we're not going to roid out players who are otherwise just missing Valor/Vengeance

well how much valor should a rank 13 have? (the first full PVP set) bolstering to that valor will be pretty

for instance if the first PVP set has the same 800 valor as it does currently on live, then raiders who are rank 1 will automatically have 800 valor from rank 1-13?
    Last edited by TheRealKillian; 01-13-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Excellent changes

well how much valor should a rank 13 have? (the first full PVP set) bolstering to that valor will be pretty

for instance if the first PVP set has the same 800 valor as it does currently on live, then raiders who are rank 1 will automatically have 800 valor from rank 1-13?
    If I understand correctly they aren't bolstering valor. Just the core stats like int/win/str/dex/end.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    If I understand correctly they aren't bolstering valor. Just the core stats like int/win/str/dex/end.
    "- Bolstering: Those who join Warfronts under Rank 13 will find that their stats have been boosted to allow for more competitive play. Bolstering will adjust most of your core stats, including Valor. "
    Last edited by TheRealKillian; 01-13-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

what is the new favor cap please tell us. if you convert my 450 marks now most of that favor will vanish with the current cap.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Soulwalker

So what is good be rank 39 and 40

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #25

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    what is the new favor cap please tell us. if you convert my 450 marks now most of that favor will vanish with the current cap.
    Favor cap is not changing.

The conversion hasn't been completed, so I can't go into any specifics. We are making sure to account for anyone who is currently capped to ensure no Favor is lost in the process.

Banned

40s will still have a significant advantage over bolstered players. It will be similar to the difference between a Rank 4 and 8 in the current system.
    Valor was normilized across the board, so everyone should have the "same" amount.

My concern is the actual stats (str/wis/dex). The difference is pretty big now compared to rank 4 and 8 where a rank 8 will still trample a rank 4 with no effort. Unless the stat upgrade is going to be minor with the new ranks we will see the same thing happening still.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Support View Post
    Valor was normilized across the board, so everyone should have the "same" amount.

My concern is the actual stats (str/wis/dex). The difference is pretty big now compared to rank 4 and 8 where a rank 8 will still trample a rank 4 with no effort. Unless the stat upgrade is going to be minor with the new ranks we will see the same thing happening still.
    rank 8/ HK gear isnt changing at all. all the gear prior to it are getting massive upgrades however. it definately won't be as big a difference
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Banned

rank 8/ HK gear isnt changing at all. all the gear prior to it are getting massive upgrades however. it definately won't be as big a difference
    That is where my concerned lied. As long as the difference is minor PvP should smooth out unlike what it is now.

Please make PvP PA Progression and the current "PvE" PA progression separate from each other, in that they do not share the same PA XP Pool to be drawn from.

Also if you are just transferring the current PvP tree into the PvP PA there are some serious imbalances which will have to be addressed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    Please make PvP PA Progression and the current "PvE" PA progression separate from each other, in that they do not share the same PA XP Pool to be drawn from.

Also if you are just transferring the current PvP tree into the PvP PA there are some serious imbalances which will have to be addressed.
    By the sound of it, it does share the same Exp pool. I don't think there will be imbalances since:

a) We don't know what the PA will look like or even if all the abilities will stay

and

b) "It will only work in PvP combat"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast