+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Prestige Ranks - Inconsistent conversion.

Default ..

I believe they are going to incorporate the following so that you don't "lose" the value
    - Prestige Vials, Favor Vials, etc
    - Marks of Retribution
    - Current Favor
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Rift Disciple

This PTS mass freakout despite the fact it's on the test server and subject to change thread is proudly brought to you by: Xanax

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #33

Once this goes out to live with 1.7 previously max ranked characters will end up at the high end of Rank 38.

There was a bug in the calculation that's currently occuring for max rank players transferring to PTS. We've taken care of it internally and hope to have the fix out soon.

Rift Chaser

So 2 more ranks for 1.7 good

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Once this goes out to live with 1.7 previously max ranked characters will end up at the high end of Rank 38.

There was a bug in the calculation that's currently occuring for max rank players transferring to PTS. We've taken care of it internally and hope to have the fix out soon.
    What about people with saved Marks of Retribution? Will there be a way to convert those back into favor?

How do new ranks work?

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Xennor-Drow View Post
    What about people with saved Marks of Retribution? Will there be a way to convert those back into favor?
    I hope so !

Rift Disciple

I'm rank 8 and have been for a while, so this doesn't seem to effect me much... But it really kind of seems like this could be MASSIVELY op for pve. During the weekend with bonus favor, a player will easily be able to grind out a piece or two of gear that was previously r8 only. Thus, a weekend of pvp grinding will easily give you HK equivalent gear. Seems a little odd :O I don't quite get why they would remove rank restrictions entirely on this gear.

Is there a pointer to what this all means? I take it PvP is changing (again). And maybe my gear, at a cost so far of 2.6 million favor, is not any good anymore.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

I dont care about boosting newbies. Same as the current "so hard achieved r8". PvP is for PvP and not for a purple pixels.
    All i want is PvP instant adventures. Same numbers in each team are fighting all around the world. Stage objectives can be like "Kill 25 enemies", "Kill 5 of each class", "collect 20 other faction's insignas from corpses", "kill 'random player'(that player recieves hp and(or not) dps boost)" like a boss fight etc. The first faction who's done all stages will count as winner and receive loot wahetever it is.
    Hard to implement, but it would be awesome for reviving pvp.
    Last edited by Pidary; 01-13-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troj View Post
    ...you corpse camping me and chased me for ages (with all your buddies last night)... I really wanted to kill your healer, almost did ...before i gave up due to you peons all reacting quicky :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaping View Post
    ...u absolute noob, u must be **** if u have too use gaurdian phase too kill a level 49
    Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    Haha was fun logging my p3 rogue and eradicating you all wfs

Quote Originally Posted by Zurma View Post
    Shame...

Some people just dont get it and it seems to be the very people who have not done pvp at all (and wanted the gear) or who are not even rank 8.

I could care less about my opponent, imo the stronger the better ... so its not a gear issue.

The problem that "WE" have spent weeks/months farming and grinding in the Warfronts for Trion to slap us pvpers in the face ONCE more and offer 'free' gear to anyone willing to spend a little Weekend in an Escalated Warfront with favour + prestige vials.

Why would I have worked my *** off for R6 back in the day and R8 now, If i had known it would have been handed out basically.

There are Two aspects of this game pvp and pve... im sure these nerfs come from qqers in pve crying about how a high rank rickrolled them which is a lol DUE to them not pvping! or lowbies crying that they are getting smashed by high ranks..

NEWS FLASH - every single person who is rank 8 atm has gone through facesmashinghell and we all got rolled for many ranks by someone higher. Deal with it , grind harder and pvp! youll get there.. but NO Trion wants to make it even easier. Imo no reward for the hardcore people anymore!

PS: They better allow us to trade in our marks at the very least, as many people have full stacks
    "Why would I have worked my *** off for R6 back in the day and R8 now, If i had known it would have been handed out basically."

For the sake of PvPing and enjoying the game. I really don't care what they do as long as they get PvP balanced. I am getting real tired of unbalanced PvP matches (btw, I am a fully geared rank 8), these rank, gear and class balance issues needs to be fixed.

But I think I might take my pvp to pre lvl 50 and leave this whole tangled mess of ranks, relics and whatnot behind. I am so happy with this new lvl cap option, as I can just pvp without all this nonsense about ranks. Max gear will be much easier to obtain and can be done in PvE. It still won't be perfect but I am hoping it will be more enjoyable. And the fact that I will be losing all my hard earned rank and gear does not bother me one bit. As I just want to PvP and have fun.

I

I was hoping that R8 would all be put at R30 and give us 10 more ranks to work on.

I also notice that there is no new pvp gear out yet either.... well other than the bow/gun.

I was hoping to see gear sets for different roles. i.e. a tank set for those that want to tank in pvp. I would also love to see more syn crystal options for pvp.
    Last edited by Warking; 01-13-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    Wyrmtail (was Warking) - 50/1000+ Rogue
    <Vendetta> - Defiant - Briarcliff
    [DH - Cleared | GP - Cleared | RotP - Cleared | PF - Cleared | GSB - Cleared | RoS - Cleared | HK - Cleared | ID - Cleared | PVP - 50]

Quote Originally Posted by Warking View Post
    I was hoping that R8 would all be put at R30 and give us 10 more ranks to work on.

I also notice that there is no new pvp gear out yet either.... well other than the bow/gun.

I was hoping to see gear sets for different roles. i.e. a tank set for those that want to tank in pvp. I would also love to see more syn crystal options for pvp.
    "I also notice that there is no new pvp gear out yet either"

There was a new rank 40 crystal.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post

I've ground out 3 P8's and have no desire to grind more. Please rethink this and make P8's = P40.

To summarize this thread;

Man I got 123534523K+ kill on live and 100000000000000k favor and marks saved up over the 10 years I've played this game, I better have p41 when I login or else I'll feed my game disc to wolves.....

Word.

^ Previously Ran@Argent, Ranya@Argent. - Rogue tanking since RIFT 1.1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast