+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7 In-Progress Set #1 - 1/9/12

RIFT Fan Site Operator Redhawks's Avatar

For the love of all that is holy, this is only Set #1. There will be multiple changes prior to the official release. Please, go take your Ativan and alcohol and calm down.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    I went through the notes the first time looking for 2 things... character customization options and crystals/set bonuses for the new Planar armor. I was pleased to see the second but will be more disappointed than I can say if the first is a no-show in 1.7.
    Cause this is definitely everything that will be in 1.7. /facepalm

That being said I don't think we will see the barber shop stuffs until 1.8. I know they have been working on it, but its a huge amount of work.

i don't see people stepping out of an expert dungeon and doing master mode 5 man, mDD (at least the trash) was kinda overtuned and way harder than DH/GSB, tank kinda get 2 shot in HK gear at some points
    Must just be your server. Cause people do master modes all the time on mine. Its probably what you see people talking about the most. Granted thats probably because you can't LFD for Master modes. But still, master modes are probably the most asked for feature. Just cause you can't handle them doesn't mean alot of other people can't.

PS they aren't overtuned. And aside from MM Scarn which is fine, I think they are a tad undertuned. And I'm not HK geared.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 01-10-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

MM Scarn is solo-healable with the standard sent/ward dungeon healer spec... I did that one just fine before I was decked out in HK gear. Don't underestimate the power of Ripple.

Back on topic:

As many have said before, it's only set #1. We asked for notes and they gave us notes. Now, the whining commences because they aren't the notes we wanted. Same story we see every bloody patch.
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA 3/3 IG
    All HMs Cleared, FT & EE Conq

Quote Originally Posted by Chanalia View Post
    As many have said before, it's only set #1. We asked for notes and they gave us notes. Now, the whining commences because they aren't the notes we wanted. Same story we see every bloody patch.
    Well the reason I'm whining (and the reason most other warriors are as well) is because we were told over 2 months ago that PVP buffs were coming, and they'd be here before 1.7, or with 1.7 at the very latest. 2 months, and now that 1.7 is here, there is no mention of warrior PVP buffs. Those should have been the very fist thing that went into 1.7, because it was in discussion while 1.6 was still on PTS. But instead, we have no comment from our class dev for over a month, and no mention in the 1.7 notes that have been presented. It certainly doesn't fill us with confidence.
    Cayleb - P50 Warrior [@Seastone]
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by bear_on_the_job View Post
    Well the reason I'm whining (and the reason most other warriors are as well) is because we were told over 2 months ago that PVP buffs were coming, and they'd be here before 1.7, or with 1.7 at the very latest. 2 months, and now that 1.7 is here, there is no mention of warrior PVP buffs. Those should have been the very fist thing that went into 1.7, because it was in discussion while 1.6 was still on PTS. But instead, we have no comment from our class dev for over a month, and no mention in the 1.7 notes that have been presented. It certainly doesn't fill us with confidence.

There is no 1.7 yet. Just phase one of the rollout on PTS. Relax bro.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bear_on_the_job View Post
    The dev tracker is your friend. The changes you are talking about are coming. As well as changes to help with energy starvation for warriors.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #127

Alpha is being re-updated currently and should hopefully be coming up pretty shortly. I'll let you know once it's available!
    amanda 'amary' fry
    producer - rift | trion worlds, inc.

perhaps the dev's already said...

but combining the expert dungeons into a "Tier 1" progression; does this mean overall dungeon difficulty will be lowered? Kinda makes me sad if so. I suppose if they release enough master dungeons in "Tier 2" progression level than it could make up for that loss.

other than that, no complaints about the patch notes, all looks nice

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post
    perhaps the dev's already said...

but combining the expert dungeons into a "Tier 1" progression; does this mean overall dungeon difficulty will be lowered? Kinda makes me sad if so. I suppose if they release enough master dungeons in "Tier 2" progression level than it could make up for that loss.

other than that, no complaints about the patch notes, all looks nice
    They put it fairly clearly with some question as to what will happen with T1's

- Intro 50 content: level 50 Dungeons, Chronicles, Rifts, and Zone Events.
    - "Tier 1": Expert Dungeons, Ember Isle, early Prestige Ranks, Expert Rifts, and Zone Events.
    - "Tier 2": Master Dungeons, entry Raids and Slivers, mid-Prestige Ranks, Raid Rifts, and Zone Events.
    - "Tier 3": Difficult Raids and Slivers, high-end Prestige Ranks.

From the looks of it I would say they are buffing T1 Experts to be more like T2's Now. This line also makes me believe this:

* No matter who you are, you now have twice as many Expert Dungeons to play in! The two tiers of Expert Dungeon difficulty have been combined into one.
    Last edited by Ridlah; 01-10-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    Haldir
    Cleric Officer of Redemption - Wolfbane - HK 11\11
    www.rift-redemption.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ridlah View Post
    They put it fairly clearly with some question as to what will happen with T1's

- Intro 50 content: level 50 Dungeons, Chronicles, Rifts, and Zone Events.
    - "Tier 1": Expert Dungeons, Ember Isle, early Prestige Ranks, Expert Rifts, and Zone Events.
    - "Tier 2": Master Dungeons, entry Raids and Slivers, mid-Prestige Ranks, Raid Rifts, and Zone Events.
    - "Tier 3": Difficult Raids and Slivers, high-end Prestige Ranks.

From the looks of it I would say they are buffing T1 Experts to be more like T2's Now. This line also makes me believe this:

* No matter who you are, you now have twice as many Expert Dungeons to play in! The two tiers of Expert Dungeon difficulty have been combined into one.
    chances are what they are doing with the experts is combining them to one tier so that dungeon finder can be revamped for future master modes? just a thought combining content for future expansion.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #131

PTS is now unlocked. RELEASE ZE HOUNDS!
    amanda 'amary' fry
    producer - rift | trion worlds, inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aasterinian View Post
    chances are what they are doing with the experts is combining them to one tier so that dungeon finder can be revamped for future master modes? just a thought combining content for future expansion.
    I thought it looked more like the phasing out of T1s as a means to get fresh 50's progressing faster.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    I thought it looked more like the phasing out of T1s as a means to get fresh 50's progressing faster.
    Tier 1 dungeons are kind of pointless these days. A new 50 can pretty easily gear up enough to get into T2's so the T1's get skipped by most people anyway, except to use for easier achievement runs. Get some crafted armor, certain runes, and you are good to go.
    Last edited by Sargonnas_KoA; 01-10-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Wowza @ ~10%+ stat increase on recopy to PTS, nice.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 01-10-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    UI/SETTINGS
    * Fixed occasional tooltip titles getting stuck on-screen when a debuff appeared under the mouse cursor on the Raid UI.
    Sweet Zombie Jesus, FINALLY.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast