+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion for PvP

Soulwalker

Default Suggestion for PvP

First I will say I understand the game is pro-PvE right now and a majority of players PVE/Raid. Although I am one that enjoys PvP. WoW got it right and focused on making its game fun for both sides. In rift once you reach rank 8, that's it.

The game could come out with pvp ranking, pvp seasons, battlegrounds and expand more opportunities for those that enjoy to World PvP.

There will be those that will come in and flame about Shard/Server imbalances between factions, this is true. Although simply expanding on the battlegroups could fix this issue. (And I understand there will be awesome gamers coming in to flame about their Shard Community).

It's only a suggestion, I understand this game is still new and there are other MMO's that have been out for years with time to improve the game. I am not a developer nor understand anything about patching/improving a video game.
    Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by FlowShow View Post
    In rift once you reach rank 8, that's it.

The game could come out with pvp ranking, pvp seasons, battlegrounds and expand more opportunities for those that enjoy to World PvP.
    Not sure what you mean by "pvp ranking". You mean like a ladder? Seasons (and ranking) implies arenas, which has been debated since beta. Also, battlegrounds are called warfronts; you should know this so I don't even know why you mentioned it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "pvp ranking". You mean like a ladder? Seasons (and ranking) implies arenas, which has been debated since beta. Also, battlegrounds are called warfronts; you should know this so I don't even know why you mentioned it.
    Yes ranking/ratings. Different season resets. Keep an interest into performing well in PVP, right now it's play a warfront and get favor in return.
    Cleric

Rift Disciple

Objective based open world PvP where the rewards are actually worth getting. You know, like giving the entire faction +10% xp from kills, 10% extra gold, 5% extra damage.

Give us some kind of outposts or keeps to fight over where we can place said objective items previously mentioned. Then let them be "owned" by guilds.

On top of all that the faction with the objective item - or highest amount of them in cases of multiple items - has access to a zone that scales from about Stonefield level content to HK level raiding the further down in the depths of it you go.

+ Reply to Thread