+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Please add new consumables that enchant Expirience gain like veteran potions.

Rift Disciple

Default Please add new consumables that enchant Expirience gain like veteran potions.

Hello,

it would be nice aditions to put new reepts for EVERY craft in game to make soe art of +Expirience consumables. Make it stackable if they come from different craft arts.
    As Example :
    Apotecary : Aged Potion of Exprience : + 50% Expirience or 2 hours : reagents 3 Ethernal Planar Dust, 1 Elder Tablet, Whatever else x4, + 3 any flower. Common price around 2 plats.
    Armor smith : Planar receptors of expirience : + 50% Expirience or 2 hours : reagents 3 Ethernal Planar Dust, 1 Elder Tablet, Whatever else x4 , + 3 any metal bar. Common price around 2 plats.
    Weapon smith : Mind sharpening pills of expirience : + 50% Expirience or 2 hours : reagents 3 Ethernal Planar Dust, 1 Elder Tablet, Whatever else x4 , + 3 any metal bar. Common price around 2 plats.
    and so on...
    Butcher : Rabbit bone of expirience : + 50% Expirience or 2 hours : reagents 3 Ethernal Planar Dust, 1 Elder Tablet, Whatever else x4 , + 15 any leather pieces. Common price around 2 plats.

I'm sure it will implement needed moneysink and give opportunities to see Tier III PA somewhere in this year for most casual players

Thank you.

i dont know if this is a good idea , but i think, if this idea goes life, those pots should be way more expensive. (like 50 platin each)
    Last edited by Donny; 11-26-2011 at 05:15 PM.
    Talandros - Mage of Twilight @ Brutmutter - ID (5/8)

Telaran

shuffling money between players is NOT a money sink. it's just commerce. sink is paying the money to vendors.

also, terrible idea. firstly, casuals don't need high PA anyway, they're casual. second, if a casual can dedicate 2 hours for grinding XP at a time he would probably be able to dedicate enough to be raiding and thus not really a casual.
    lastly, there is way too much +exp going on anyway. either decrease the grind needed alltogether or leave it be.
    the best soultion i could see for giving more +xp potions would be as something to buy with event currency, since most of the event stuff being sold is worthless.

How about a PA passive skill which boosts XP gain.

Plane Walker

planarite sink! 15k for a 2 hour, 50% pot.. 35k for a 2 hour 100% pot

or make my game stop lagging whenever i am full and get more. that'd work just as well.

Rift Disciple

Planerit sink - super Idea!
    No shuffling money to vendor for necceary ingridients IS money sink!

"also, terrible idea. firstly, casuals don't need high PA anyway, they're casual. second, if a casual can dedicate 2 hours for grinding XP at a time he would probably be able to dedicate enough to be raiding and thus not really a casual.
    lastly, there is way too much +exp going on anyway. either decrease the grind needed alltogether or leave it be.
    the best soultion i could see for giving more +xp potions would be as something to buy with event currency, since most of the event stuff being sold is worthless. "

Just outof interest - please intoduce youself so i can take you opinion about "casuals don't need high PA anyway" without thinking "WTF?! Who he is thinking he is to make such decisons?!?!"
    PS: Elitism is curable. Get a RL

I'd rather they didn't, having their veterans rewards ones are enough, and they have had a few +xp events now. No need for crafted pots. It would make the rewards and events trivial, and irk those of us who have been around for them.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    Planerit sink - super Idea!
    No shuffling money to vendor for necceary ingridients IS money sink!

"also, terrible idea. firstly, casuals don't need high PA anyway, they're casual. second, if a casual can dedicate 2 hours for grinding XP at a time he would probably be able to dedicate enough to be raiding and thus not really a casual.
    the best soultion i could see for giving more +xp potions would be as something to buy with event currency, since most of the event stuff being sold is worthless. "

Just outof interest - please intoduce youself so i can take you opinion about "casuals don't need high PA anyway" without thinking "WTF?! Who he is thinking he is to make such decisons?!?!"
    PS: Elitism is curable. Get a RL
    not sure where did you find elitism there. PA is supposedly levelling up after you hit max level. casuals are either playing this game to grind up to the maximum level (unlikely) or for the story and some time sink.
    they don't really need to max out their [insert here] for raids.
    also, asking for a consumeable that would speed levelling up at a cost would actually cater to those people that are alredy playing more (I.E not casuals).
    they have alredy gave a bunch of pots to people who were playing in the half-year celebration, they gave a bunch more as veteran rewards.

and i've gotten more RL than i'd like to to be able to play right now. but hey, as long as you got to bash elitism, eh?
    Last edited by RagingT; 11-28-2011 at 06:08 AM.

Rift Disciple

Ok. Probably it was not elitism in his worst form but still - casulas are people who play game and enjoy progression. Being it items, ranks or PAs. Time used to fullfill 1PA lvl is too much for usual casual to see progression beyond this one. Not to mention second lvl of one element. On the other hand - where have casuals to spend money and planerite? Ok, i know - one of hugest moneysink is buying raid places by hardcore guilds for chance of drop. And this is why most elitist/hardcores trying to protect their rewenue and told to everyone "casuals this or casuals that.they dont need this or they should be like that". You can not/not allowed to decide what they have to or should todo. And if you do - look at point about people protecting their revenue.

Back to original idea- what iis yours personely problem if anyone can and will craft useful consumables (+exp as example) ? Why you are on the train "they shoudl or they want...I know their needs"? ;)
    Last edited by LaBarbus; 11-28-2011 at 11:58 PM.

Telaran

i agree that almost everyone wants to progress in this game, and maybe they want to progress faster. they don't race anyone to it however, therefore they don't *need* it.
    i'm not against reducing the grind, i just think that the proposed way of making more +xp potions available to everyone isn't the right way. either decrease the amount of XP needed entirely, or leave it the way it is.

adding consumeables that require mining/foraging/butchering will not serve as a money sink, they will either serve the rich people (read : hardcores), or a time sink for the crafters. not to mention it would mean that the former pots trion gave was simply become them handing out plat, do we really need trion giving us plat as a special reward for playing? because EI is alredy giving way too much of that.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by RagingT View Post
    i agree that almost everyone wants to progress in this game, and maybe they want to progress faster. they don't race anyone to it however, therefore they don't *need* it.
    i'm not against reducing the grind, i just think that the proposed way of making more +xp potions available to everyone isn't the right way. either decrease the amount of XP needed entirely, or leave it the way it is.

adding consumeables that require mining/foraging/butchering will not serve as a money sink, they will either serve the rich people (read : hardcores), or a time sink for the crafters. not to mention it would mean that the former pots trion gave was simply become them handing out plat, do we really need trion giving us plat as a special reward for playing? because EI is alredy giving way too much of that.
    So basically possibility to buy/create/sell vanity items (like clothes etc) is also wrong? o it's just an other route. Hardcares didn't need suchforms of progression "enchatment" because they already have it - hardcore are <10% of populaton - so why should be hardcore progresson considered as argument here? It's about casuals.

Hello,

I'm not completely against this crafting idea.
    Being able to craft vial/weaponstone/enchant/whatever that increases your exp for 50% for 1 hour and would not stack with other +exp stuff would be nice/handy.

But I find it ridiculous that for 10 plat you can buy/craft yourself 200% Exp buff for 2 hours.

Rift Disciple

Ans what is wrong with it? Dont forget you have to spend time to get mats for it. And 10 plat are wthdrawed from game just for 2 hours. And many causals are really happe bein able to enchat outcome of one or two hours in game?

Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    Ans what is wrong with it? Dont forget you have to spend time to get mats for it. And 10 plat are wthdrawed from game just for 2 hours. And many causals are really happe bein able to enchat outcome of one or two hours in game?
    Getting mats and plats is already super easy in EI.
    This idea as it is now would make the whole planar attunement system too easy that it just becomes more grindy for people with these enchants. Planar Attunement at the moment is great. Yes it takes time, but with chronicles and events (specially EI) you get ALOT of exp.
    I would hate to see that with 200% exp potions some people start finishing multiple Planar tiers in few days. Making the whole idea of that system fail.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by sundaville View Post
    Getting mats and plats is already super easy in EI.
    This idea as it is now would make the whole planar attunement system too easy that it just becomes more grindy for people with these enchants. Planar Attunement at the moment is great. Yes it takes time, but with chronicles and events (specially EI) you get ALOT of exp.
    I would hate to see that with 200% exp potions some people start finishing multiple Planar tiers in few days. Making the whole idea of that system fail.
    You left me on this step "This idea as it is now would make the whole planar attunement system too easy that it just becomes more grindy for people with these enchants".

So you are telling m that obtainig somthing with more time is LESS grindy? May be that is you who are out of spirae on this logic?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast