+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New main menu bar in 1.6

Rift Chaser

Default New main menu bar in 1.6

I hate it. It's much more cumbersome for someone who uses their key binds for things other than menu options. I think leaving an option in game to use the old style or new style menu would be advantageous.

Agree. Hate it on PTS. But its probably just what I'm used to...

Also it only opens "up". I had mine positioned at the upper left of the screen. This is no longer an option.

I like it better than the live one its more compact. The only opens up is a bug. Did you report the bug in game?
    Last edited by Levva; 11-09-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Champion

I have to admit it's less intuitive than the old system was. I realize there's been some menu bloat over time and the interface is getting a bit cluttered, but, I don't like feeling like I'm clicking a Windows start button to pull up a window in game.

It's not a huge deal for me because I open them all by keybinds and never click the menus, but, after hearing some others in VOIP complain about them I tinkered with them and wasn't terribly impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    I like it better than the live one its more compact. The only opens up is a bug. Did you report the bug in game?
    The day 1.6 appeared on PTS.

Rift Master

I've already posted this in the main thread. On live, I often click the icons for what I want, but on PTS, I've found myself relying on the shortcuts more often. I don't think its as intuitive as the old system.

I saw it and I hate it as well. I understand why it was done, but it's not easier to use.

I agree with it being like window start menu. Too bad it doesn't have a search bar :/

Rift Master

I don't like it either so I agree that there should be an option to display it in the old style.

An alternative would be to allow the customisation of those elements (via addons). Merging stuff like Planar Attunement, Warfronts, World Event (wtf this is so useless) etc. which I don't need (as often) makes sense. But I'd really like to keep fast access to others like character window, soul tree and probably some others.
    Last edited by rofltehcat; 11-09-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Ascendant

I like it more then the current one, it's more compact and better organised (to me).

giving people the option of using the old or new style menu would be good though

Plane Touched

I rather enjoy the new one, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have the option for the old style for those too used to it.

I didn't like it the first hour and that's normal.

Use the new one for a week and get used to it.. Less buttons on my UI = better.

+ Reply to Thread