+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: In 1.6 PLS-Drop Prestige 1&2, use more Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    p1 & 2 can already be purchased for the regular PvPer rolling an alt by level 40 o.O
    And? U can buy eve r8 if u want.

When u ding 50 u can equip only r1 gears, then all the way to r2 u are basically 2 shotted.

Trion should allow prestige gain at lv10, so ppls who really care about pvp can start lv50 wf possible maybe even at r4.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Horsesock View Post

Please enrich our player base by lowering the amount of time required to hit p eight.
    Are you nuts?
    It took only 1 week to some ppl to get to p8 which is currently the last pvp gear you can get. and you 'd like it to be shorter? oO
    What is left to a pure PvPer then? I m about to reach max pvp marks cap and I m no hardcore gamer at all...
    You need the contrary : make it harder to get so that getting full epic HK stuff needs same in-game time as getting full p8 stuff. But ofc, now, it's a bit late...

Quote Originally Posted by Acex View Post
    No, but they should make it so prestige can be gained at lv10.
    That could be nice ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Havors View Post
    well considering to keep a raid spot in pve i have to grind to 8 then yeah they should increase prestige rates or lower amount needed to get 8...

You dont have to PvE to PvP so why should you the other way round??
    Again, why should they nerf pvp content experience in profit to pve raiders? Pvp content is already way smaller than pve one...And said below, you are wrong, I can't raid HK in p8 without doing some pve first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulia View Post
    +Hit is a PvE stat
    Hmm, how do you know it is a PvE only stat?(since it's not, and not written anywhere)

"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn..".

Champion

When u ding 50 u can equip only r1 gears, then all the way to r2 u are basically 2 shotted.
    I agree that there's a pvp issue in Rift : It relys to much on pvp rank&stuff. But at least, now there's same valor bonus on any rank, right?

"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn..".

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    Are you nuts?
    It took only 1 week to some ppl to get to p8 which is currently the last pvp gear you can get. and you 'd like it to be shorter? oO
    Um, no. Maybe it took 1 week for a player who was already R6 to hit R8 with the PvP rift exploit...or an R6 who pvp'd 12hours/day for a week in premades...not a brand new 50, "hardcore" or not. And since when do game designer's make decisions based on .1% or less of the playerbase? How about never.
    Last edited by Azurrei; 11-09-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Champion of Telara

Are you nuts?
    What is left to a pure PvPer then? I m about to reach max pvp marks cap and I m no hardcore gamer at all...
    You need the contrary : make it harder to get so that getting full epic HK stuff needs same in-game time as getting full p8 stuff. But ofc, now, it's a bit late...

That could be nice ye.

Again, why should they nerf pvp content experience in profit to pve raiders? Pvp content is already way smaller than pve one...And said below, you are wrong, I can't raid HK in p8 without doing some pve first.

Hmm, how do you know it is a PvE only stat?(since it's not, and not written anywhere)
    One week to get to r8? What crack have you been smoking, unless you are a masochist or really don't have anything better to do then to play 24/7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    In before... "This thread (aka forum) is being locked because it's filled with hypocrisy, idiocy, made up numbers and lack of any sort of constructive posts"

Are you nuts?
    It took the people who did the pvp rift exploit a week to hit rank 8. There might be a few exceptions to this thanks to favormania
    but they are few and far between.

We have had max marks for a month or two now but it isn't about us it is about fresh 50s. The larger the gap between a new 50
    and a rank 8 the more discouraging to some it might be and could turn what would eventually be a fine pvper off of rift because
    of the huge disparity in gear not necessarily skill.
    Last edited by Baramos; 11-09-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Because it is not itemized on any PvP gear and it's maximal obtainable amount is balanced around amounts unrealistic for a PvP player. Like with enough hit you could hit a player with 100% dodge chance. If it was designed around PvP I would imagine you wouldn't be able to get that much. But I bet the pure mechanic that uses it for raid bosses is just mobs coded to have say 300% dodge chance (making examples here). They create the dodge chances, and give enough of the stat and possibly a little more to overcome the created dodge chances, thus a controlled itemized stat. But the same mechanic they are cranking up to make you require it to hit raid bosses is the same mechanic I suspect used to hit a player. But with your typical player running around with 10 - 20% dodge chance, you can get a small amount and hardly notice it. If it was a general stat and not PvE only though I would be boggled as to why it's not itemized on PvP gear.

Also, as far as vengeance goes, I made a suggestion post about this. They need to consider abilities/bonuses that calculate a bonus based off AP/SP to calculate Vengeance. Right now people aren't using much vengeance, it isn't magnified or really noticeable. If we ever get to a day where Vengeance is worn in much bigger numbers for PvPers the abilities that calculate AP/SP into the potential damage will get cut off a bit short because the pvp-mimic to AP/SP isn't getting thrown into the equation. I don't think stat separation intended to make the PvE stat favor ability bonuses and the PvP one not. I keep trying to mention this though while it's not a big issue and wouldn't cause a huge shift in power if changed. But if we get to a day where there is 600 Vengeance and then people notice this. You have a whole other balance project whether you decide to not calculate it, or if you do and see a significant increase in some abilities. The outcome of an ability that say, "100% AP bonus is applied" would not be powerful enough for a PvE'er to stack it because it would overall be ineffective in the grand scheme. Think it would be best for the game regarding that stat at least.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-09-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Asangar View Post
    This would also not work, say your in the open world doing raid rifts, then the enemy shows up, all ready for PvP, weapons, armor etc.
    Then you are there with your relic wep swinging around and then you have 50% less damage defending against those enemies. You can not change gear when in battle.
    Actually you can.... cant switch armor and stuff but weapons and trinkets? Sure I do it all the time (use whispered silence at the start of a fight and switch to the order of eye trinket when the buff falls off.

And? U can buy eve r8 if u want.

Trion should allow prestige gain at lv10, so ppls who really care about pvp can start lv50 wf possible maybe even at r4.

Your point? Sure Prestige gain starting at a lower level would be a nice thing to do, but 2 hours of playing support is hardly something to whine about. Save favor, get Full P1/2gear by lvl 40, ding 50 play 2 hours as support, ding P2, throw on your first full PvP set.

This seems like something minor to be complaining about to me.
    "You lost me at Balance"

"Dear Bulwif,

You have received an infraction at RIFT Forums.

Reason: Rude to another member of the Community

Original Post:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post3365149

'This is probably one of the dumbest suggestions I have seen vomited on these forums yet, which is saying a lot. Go play WoW please.' "

LOL!!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=772798&dateline=13612  32521

Banned

I still think the best solution is dynamic split of war fronts that favor like ranks over disparity. I looks for a 3 rank spread depending on some criteria (like the first person in the queue, or the highest 3 rank queues that are together), and then if it can't fill the war front in a minute with those people it expands the search out to include the next rank on each side.

Worst case the 3 ranks get chosen as 1, 2 ,3 and it takes 5 minutes to expand out the search to include up to rank 8 in times where there are low queues. But in high population times it will heavily favor warfronts where there are even teams.

Couple that with the removal of Belmont, Millrush, Greenscale, Shadefallen, Crucia, Faemist, Atrophinius, Asphodel, Harrow, Molinar, Threesprings, Alsbeth, Shatterbone, Estrael, and Byriel as well as grouping all the PVP servers remaining to one battle group and the PVE to the other. (For North America at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Horsesock View Post
    Remove prestige ranks one and two and have the base line be rank 3&4.

Weapons- add vengeance so their use in pve can be mitigated, thus less qq and more pve balance.

Currently it takes too long to level in a pvp/warfront environment. This compounds if you have alts.

Please enrich our player base by lowering the amount of time required to hit p eight.

May the pvp continue!
    I believe.
    rofl at weapons adding vengeance for less QQ, how woudl that be less QQ? only warriors and rogues benefit from using R8 weapons in HK and only because they can easily get the hit elsewhere, oh and 90% of their dps comes from weapon dps, taking all the stats off the weqapon would be like a 20dps loss, so this would only generate more QQ since it would nerf mages hard if they ever wanted to try to use their r8 weapon in pve.

the rest is just so bad it doesnt merit a comment.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

No, but they should make it so prestige can be gained at lv10.
    Agree.

Maybe Warhammer wasn't so terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulia View Post
    +Hit is a PvE stat that should have no use in PvP. What would you say if you needed 100 Valor to guaratee hitting every Raid boss?
    You're not even comparing apples and oranges. You're comparing bannanas and legos. Seriously.

Valor is explicitly a PvP stat. Hit is a stat that affects both PvP and PvE. Why? Because it mitigates dodge, block and parry. Something that happens both in PvP and PvE. All NPCs have some form of dodge, parry, or block. All Players have some form of dodge, parry, or block. Where's the problem again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenyth View Post
    I haven't been playing that long at all, But I already dislike what is happening, I see overpowered classes being buffed, and classes that are bad being nerfed, All because of the whiners on the forums. Do you even know what you're doin with pvp? because if it's not sorted outI'll probably quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    rofl at weapons adding vengeance for less QQ, how woudl that be less QQ? only warriors and rogues benefit from using R8 weapons in HK and only because they can easily get the hit elsewhere, oh and 90% of their dps comes from weapon dps, taking all the stats off the weqapon would be like a 20dps loss, so this would only generate more QQ since it would nerf mages hard if they ever wanted to try to use their r8 weapon in pve.

the rest is just so bad it doesnt merit a comment.
    They can just knock 33% off the weapon DPS if it's used in a PvE setting. Convert a % of the +Spellpower into Vengeance. I'd love for PvE weapons to work the other way as well. HK weapons (and eventually Relics as more guilds kill the squid) are absolutely better than PvP counterparts for PvP due to +hit.

You misunderstand's Horse's intentions. For us, OWPvP is our end-game. Gearing up Defiant re-rollers, alts, and newer recruits who show promise but lack gear takes stupidly long. I don't want to marginalize PvE, but I consider it relatively as bad as trying to gear up a fresh tank recruit through the GSB/RoS grind when poaching isn't an option. And when they introduce the inevitable R10 when T3 Raids are introduced (because apparently Top End raid gear and PvP gear have to be par...even if both settings are balanced differently...)? It'll be even more gruesome for fresh 50s.

It pretty much takes endless queueing and carrying, most of which our guild has already done to achieve their own R8's.

The request might sound ego-centric to our guild, but I think it has merit that positively effects (most) PvPers.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast