+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are 8s CD warrior taunts going to be brought in line with each other in 1.6?

General of Telara

Default Are 8s CD warrior taunts going to be brought in line with each other in 1.6?

I just ask because I only now noticed that Shield Throw and Spark generate AP while Grim Lure and Seargent's Order do not. It just seems odd that half of the taunts generate CP and half don't.

Telaran

Sergeant's order does not generate AP because it has a pull (knock-to) effect, that's also why it doesn't do damage.

I can't tell you why grim lure does not other than trion hates warrior tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marikhen View Post
    I just ask because I only now noticed that Shield Throw and Spark generate AP while Grim Lure and Seargent's Order do not. It just seems odd that half of the taunts generate CP and half don't.

This is to compensate for the fact that they use to do increased threat do to the damage they did. I'm sure they will either either add it to GL or remove it altogether.

Why are you using grim lure anyway?
    Last edited by Kryoz; 10-24-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Ascendant

Be careful what you wish for... Rogue taunts dont do anything except taunt...
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Quote Originally Posted by Clonecenter View Post
    Sergeant's order does not generate AP because it has a pull (knock-to) effect, that's also why it doesn't do damage.

I can't tell you why grim lure does not other than trion hates warrior tanks.
    That's not why at all. It's all about half-baked changes. They decided taunts shouldn't do dmg. That's cool. But they didn't compensate for the differences.

If all taunts are going to do not do damage, be oGCD, and only taunt; then they should all either give an AP or all not give an AP.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

I'm fine with Sergeant's not giving an AP because of the pull component, if it gave an AP there would be no reason to ever use a different taunt. Grim Lure, though, needs to generate one.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dementic View Post
    Why are you using grim lure anyway?
    To test it out to see if the lack of AP generation like ST and Spark was a typo or legitimate. Why else would anyone use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    Be careful what you wish for... Rogue taunts dont do anything except taunt...
    Rogues also don't store their CP on themselves like warriors do. Besides, in most MMOs I see taunts do nothing but taunt. Pull/taunt and CP/taunt combinations like you see in Rift are in the minority.
    Last edited by Marikhen; 10-24-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Marikhen View Post
    Rogues also don't store their CP on themselves like warriors do. Besides, in most MMOs I see taunts do nothing but taunt. Pull/taunt and CP/taunt combinations like you see in Rift are in the minority.
    I fail to see the relevance of the CP store location to a discussion about whether a taunt should generate them.

My 'Be careful what you wish for...' comment was in regards to the fact that the rogue taunts dont generate CPs, and neither does Grim Lure. If Trion decide that actually taunts shouldn't generate CPs at all, you'll be regretting this thread.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Telaran

I fail to see the relevance of the CP store location to a discussion about whether a taunt should generate them.

My 'Be careful what you wish for...' comment was in regards to the fact that the rogue taunts dont generate CPs, and neither does Grim Lure. If Trion decide that actually taunts shouldn't generate CPs at all, you'll be regretting this thread.
    Not really, taunts aren't there to build attack points. It's not a part of the standard rotation. It is best used as a way to react to an evolving situation and as such, I don't care if it makes attack points or not, as long as it works. I can imagine most warrior tanks feel the same way.

I can imagine that the response to CP store location was referring to the fact that it would make no sense for rogue taunts to build a combo point that gets stored on the monster and would most likely not get used as opposed to an attack point that the warriror generates for himself which he can then use to fuel other abilities on other targets, targets other than the one he taunted.

General of Telara

Then consider this. What happens to a rogue's CP when the target dies? What happens when the warrior's target dies? Which calling benefits more from a taunt that generates CP?

If Trion decide that actually taunts shouldn't generate CPs at all, you'll be regretting this thread.
    Given that my warrior rarely ever needs to taunt and that I only just now noticed that Shield Throw still generates AP and that Seargent's Order actually does generate AP I'm thinking I won't be regretting this thread. Even had I known those two facts for a goodly while I would still never regret this thread, a fact exacerbated by how rarely my warrior has AP generation issues outside of single-target magic-heavy fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Clonecenter View Post
    I can imagine that the response to CP store location was referring to the fact that it would make no sense for rogue taunts to build a combo point that gets stored on the monster and would most likely not get used as opposed to an attack point that the warriror generates for himself which he can then use to fuel other abilities on other targets, targets other than the one he taunted.
    Pretty much.
    Last edited by Marikhen; 10-25-2011 at 10:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread