+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Hammerknell Crystals - Petition

Plane Touched

Default Hammerknell Crystals - Petition

This thread is to petition making hammerknell crystals from being bought with currency. My guild just did HK tonight (from start to grugonim - 7 bosses), and we had 3 dark pulsing crystals drop. IMO the drop rate is more then fair, and allowing people to buy them with currency (Ignoring the fact that the cost was 100 inscribed and that lesser t2 essences cost more) is just ridiculous. By the time people would be able to have any gain from said crystals (AKA having more then 2 pieces of hammerknell loot), there should be a rather large number of crystals already distributed to the raid force.

TL;DR Keep hammerknell crystals as they are - drops from hammerknell.

Banned

relying on trash drops is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

Currently on PTS you can buy HK crystals for 100 inscribeds. Hopefully it's a change that will go live.

Telaran

Hope they stay accessible. I don't want to wait untill after i quit to have 3 different crystals to play with.

Plane Touched

So, because you and your guild have had decent luck with drops you feel that that all of the guilds that have had bad luck should continue to suffer?

HK has been out for long enough - and it's not like every average Joe is going to be able to obtain the HK crystals...you have to be raiding HK and have the gear that they are usable on, after all...

Synergy crystals should never be hard to obtain drops.

Accessibility is good. It should be a set bonus: you put in the effort, you get the reward. Not: you put in the effort and then hope enough of the rewards drop for everyone.

Also not everyone plays the same spec every fight. I play ABSOLUTE MINIMUM 3 different specs each time we go into Hammerknell (excluding nights we only do progression), meaning I need 3 different crystals every night. I can't be effective in all of my jobs if it's going to take months to get the crystals.

These changes are very, very welcome.
    Nope.

If it was one crystal activates every callings set bonus somehow then sure keep it drops. Pretty much getting only one a week, with the occasional two, and needing more than one on each person is pretty ludicrous. The whole thing goes against the flexibility of RIFT. As it is now you are told "pick on crystal and play that role FOREVER."
    Last edited by Sorreah; 10-19-2011 at 11:14 PM.
    Etna - Rogue 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 10/11 HK PvP 8/8

I think the currency should change to Marks of Ascension at least, not Inscribed.
    <Retired>

Plane Touched

Sorry, but t2 raid gear shouldn't be bought with the same currency used to buy sub t1 raid gear. IF they decide to make them buy-able, then it should cost 100 marks. I'm sure if that were the case though, people would rather see them remain as trash drops.

I would agree with keeping HK crystals the way they are now IF they didnt completely revamp classes so often. They dont seem to tweak classes in patches they completely make one no longer playable while making another one the one you have to play. That doesnt work for synergy crystals. The way the changes come through in patches you need to have some way to trade in crystals or buy them easier. Sorry it's just how it is.

Making crystals rare goes against the concept of Rift. Rift is about the soul system and being able to change builds on the fly. You can go from tank to dps to healer depending on need.

The crystals were introduced so you couldn't gain multiple bonuses from different gear sets - which makes sense. What does not make sense is finally getting a crystal and then being pigeonholed into one soul from thereon in.

If anything I think they should make them free, but 100 inscribeds is close enough.

I hope the 100 inscribed per Synergy Crystal makes it to live. Not totally sure why folks are upset about the currency used since the synergy crystals themselves are useless without the gear anyways. To me it's just encouraging the raiders to still participate in zone events etc.

--=Jynxed ~ Greybriar=--
    --=ROF 4/4 ~ MS 5/5 ~ TF 3/3 ~ HK 3/11=--

Quote Originally Posted by Laorne View Post
    I hope the 100 inscribed per Synergy Crystal makes it to live. Not totally sure why folks are upset about the currency used since the synergy crystals themselves are useless without the gear anyways. To me it's just encouraging the raiders to still participate in zone events etc.
    I'm upset about the currency used because currently there's way too many things I need to buy with Inscribed Sourcestone and not nearly enough to go around. 150 Inscribed Sourcestone and 5000 Planarite for ONE of the new Lesser Essences, which I will likely need 20+ of. Meanwhile I have 200~ Marks of Ascension and 700~ Plaques of Achievement sitting in my Currencies tab going to waste (don't say LOL BUT MINOR CATS because I'm not interested in spending all of my 700 plaques on something that just isn't worth my time)

If it's going to cost 100 Inscribed Sourcestone for a Dark Pulsing crystal, please at least implement a way for me to convert my currently useless currencies (that I have in excess) into Inscribed Sourcestone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathmatrix View Post
    Sounds like someone woke up and spilled a cup full of drama all over themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelleh View Post
    I'm upset about the currency used because currently there's way too many things I need to buy with Inscribed Sourcestone and not nearly enough to go around. 150 Inscribed Sourcestone and 5000 Planarite for ONE of the new Lesser Essences, which I will likely need 20+ of. Meanwhile I have 200~ Marks of Ascension and 700~ Plaques of Achievement sitting in my Currencies tab going to waste (don't say LOL BUT MINOR CATS because I'm not interested in spending all of my 700 plaques on something that just isn't worth my time)

If it's going to cost 100 Inscribed Sourcestone for a Dark Pulsing crystal, please at least implement a way for me to convert my currently useless currencies (that I have in excess) into Inscribed Sourcestone.
    Now that's a good idea - make plaques convertable into inscribeds. Make it an inefficient conversion, but still able to convert nonetheless. I'd support an idea like that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast