+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Hammerknell Crystals - Petition

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Now that's a good idea - make plaques convertable into inscribeds. Make it an inefficient conversion, but still able to convert nonetheless. I'd support an idea like that!
    Exactly how I see it. Able to be converted, but highly costly so that you couldn't effectively 'farm' it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathmatrix View Post
    Sounds like someone woke up and spilled a cup full of drama all over themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelleh View Post
    Exactly how I see it. Able to be converted, but highly costly so that you couldn't effectively 'farm' it.
    Yea, there's always problems gearing up people who need raid T1 gear still from RoS or GSB because no one wants to do it. I can't get upgrades from there myself so don't want to go, I'd rather bring my alt.

Allow me to gain inscribeds and at least I'd get something from bringing my main. It will help close the gap between newer 50s and older 50s by giving an incentive for older 50s to still do T1 raids.

The crafted T1 equivalent gear helped a lot in this respect, but this would help too.
    Last edited by Mayi; 10-20-2011 at 05:54 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kayos View Post
    This thread is to petition making hammerknell crystals from being bought with currency. My guild just did HK tonight (from start to grugonim - 7 bosses), and we had 3 dark pulsing crystals drop. IMO the drop rate is more then fair, and allowing people to buy them with currency (Ignoring the fact that the cost was 100 inscribed and that lesser t2 essences cost more) is just ridiculous. By the time people would be able to have any gain from said crystals (AKA having more then 2 pieces of hammerknell loot), there should be a rather large number of crystals already distributed to the raid force.

TL;DR Keep hammerknell crystals as they are - drops from hammerknell.
    Uhmmm, no. None of my guildys can upgrade gear because the use the T1 syn crystal, so I would say 70% of our loot is getting banked until we have a syn cryst and two pieces.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Currently on PTS you can buy HK crystals for 100 inscribeds. Hopefully it's a change that will go live.
    on which vendor?
    Apotheosys/Typhiria
    Genjuro@Typhiria Warrior HM Crucia, HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4, MoM 5/9 World 1st
    Miralda@Brutwacht Rogue HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4 World 4th

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kayos View Post
    Sorry, but t2 raid gear shouldn't be bought with the same currency used to buy sub t1 raid gear. IF they decide to make them buy-able, then it should cost 100 marks. I'm sure if that were the case though, people would rather see them remain as trash drops.
    Why cost marks? It's already a grind to get the best gear ONLY due to having a crystal bonus. The drops from HK suck because they get no bonus from crystals. Only way to get marks is from a boss.

The marks should be used to FILL in the GAPS of gear that you were unable to obtain via bad rng in instances/raids. Having the BEST armor hands down due to crystal bonuses coming from plaque gear is mind boggling and stupid. So you clear HK for temporary armor until you grind it enough to get the best? Come on now!

Give boss dropped armor set bonuses. THEN you could have the dropped crystal in HK apply to the dropped armor in HK, and the crystal that can be purchased via vendor be for the ARMOR that is able to be purchased via vendors.

Rift Disciple

Well, last hotfix 1.5 hotfix 9 make Dark Pulsing Crystal available for 100 inscribed on live.

Why not make all hammerknell gear bought by inscribed if the crystals can be?

This change is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

I mean it makes raiding feel pointless if you can get raid drops from lvl 40 rifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Champion of Telara

Crystals are supposed to be a set bonus, not the RNG problem they are right now.

Even with 100 Insrcibed which is a good change, its still bad, once more, crystals are a set bonus, hence the moment you wear 2 and 4 you should have the bonus, not get cancer trying to farm crystals.

We got maximum of 3 or 4 crystals from trash in the last 2 months + Vladmal ones, and we have people not able to use their gear because they dont have a crystal but have the items.

This change is awesome, and i would prefer it if it was less of a grind.

Crystals are a SET BONUS, end of story, should be available in a faceroll way without requiring farming or RNG or Vladmal.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #25
    Rift Team

Hey guys,

The gear from HK is the true gate here. The crystals were never supposed to be a massive time sink based on RNG.

There is no "gaining HK gear" from inscribed. You are gaining your synergy crystals - which were designed in a manner that players would want multiple of them - and absolutely require the gear from HK to be useful. Consolidating them with our existing schema for gaining other synergy crystals is the logical move. You can expect to see this being the standard method of synergy crystal acquisition going forward.

They also still drop in HK for those that do not wish to engage in other types of content - they have not been removed.

~Daglar

Ascendant

Daglar, question. Why is everything being based on inscribed sourcestones? T1 Raid currency is absolutely useless right now with no incentive to run it. Shouldn't it be possible to buy inscribed sourcestones with Marks of Ascension? Or synergy crystals using marks of ascension?
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKillian View Post
    Daglar, question. Why is everything being based on inscribed sourcestones? T1 Raid currency is absolutely useless right now with no incentive to run it. Shouldn't it be possible to buy inscribed sourcestones with Marks of Ascension? Or synergy crystals using marks of ascension?
    Thats what I said Kill. T1 Syn Crystals are bought with Pre T1 epic currency. T2 raid stuff should be bought with T1 epic currency.

It gives everyone a reason to Do ros/gsb that is in HK, which means it could be better for new players needing to get geared.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pooshonmyshoos View Post
    Thats what I said Kill. T1 Syn Crystals are bought with Pre T1 epic currency. T2 raid stuff should be bought with T1 epic currency.

It gives everyone a reason to Do ros/gsb that is in HK, which means it could be better for new players needing to get geared.
    i don't mind buying them with inscribed, but they should also be available to purchase with T1 Raid marks or at the very least allow us to convert t1 raid marks into inscribed
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

At first I thought it was dumb to have raid synnergy crystals bought with sourcestones, but now that I've experienced it I realize it was a genius decision. It has revitalized zone events and expert rifts, which is a good thing, because they are fun and build the community on a server.
    Last edited by Trurl; 10-20-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    I mean it makes raiding feel pointless if you can get raid drops from lvl 40 rifts.
    I mean, totally going to equip that crystal and get the 2 and 4 piece set bonuses without raiding....

AMIRITE?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast