+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 1.6 Preliminary Combat Changes - 10/19/11 IN-PROGRESS

Quote Originally Posted by Orakk View Post
    * Spotter's Orders is no longer a Call and no longer generates threat from Battlefield Awareness.

No.
    What he said.

Between this and the fact that Archons (which are already in basically every raid fight everywhere) get an equivalent ability, I can say with near-certainty that unless Warlord gets a serious overhaul, I will be respeccing out of it in every tank build I have.
    Can't spell RAndom number GEnerator without RAGE.

Looks like I might have to change my signature... im interested to see how well the new deflect mechanic works. On a side note - I am a little disappointed with how "easy" you are making us.
    Kryptyx - Guildless ;( - Raidcruit me!
    Riftstalker BIS Spreadsheet

Warrior DPS now with new and improved power starvation coming in 1.6!

Since it took more than 5 minutes to edit my post, here is another.

WARLORD
    * Spotter's Orders is no longer a Call and no longer generates threat from Battlefield Awareness.

As for changing Spotter's to no longer be a call, I can see why that was done. My question is will the AOE threat builders such as Paladin's Sweeping Strike, VK Tempest, Reaver's Cyclone Strike, and Warlord's Promise of Steel share cooldowns? As it is, our force aoe taunts share cooldowns, will our non-force aoe taunts share as well? I ask because I noticed they were all given the same 10 second cooldown and probably had their damage and threat amounts normalized across the skills.

I also share sentiments of other players regarding the Archon Illuminate skill and how a Warlord build will fit into a raid. There are other support skills warlords bring to the table, but why give this ability to Archons?
    Gille (Warrior) - Vin (Mage) - Nim (Cleric) - Syl (Rogue)
    The Chosen

I'm actually really happy with the threat changes to abilities I used a lot before Spotter's Order became the end-all be-all. Reaver DOTs needed a significant threat boost and I'm glad Sweeping Strike is going to be viable again. I hated using Vicious Cleave, so this will be awesome.

Next, fix warrior DPS energy regeneration and I will be very happy. I can not wait to play around with these tank changes.

More (some) clerlic love please, a couple minor justi buffs dont cut it.
    Fix justi aoe threat.
    Fix Single target DPS.

Soulwalker

The Devouring Shadows changes are better than those Trion wanted to use earlier but with all due respect, they still kinda suck.
    Why not just put a cooldown on it that is longer/as long as the duration of the channel? Wouldn't completely ruin its burst capability and overall use in pvp. It would remove double tapping, aswell as giving people a reason to actually interrupt it(you can just recast now), also if some1 runs out of it, he's out of it..and not back in it within the blink of an eye because the warlock just put it elsewhere.
    People said it and I'll say it again and again, putting a cooldown on DS would fix all problems without breaking warlocks pvp burst capabilitys.
    Hope Trion will listen to all the people suggesting to put a small cooldown on it which is longer/as long as the duration of DS.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    MARKSMAN
    * Electrified Munitions, Silver Tip Munitions, Vampiric Munitions: No longer have a 1 second internal cooldown when using AE attacks. The proc chance is reduced for AE attacks based on the number of targets affected. For example, Electrified Munitions has a proc chance of 100% on a single target. Using Fan Out that affects 2 targets will reduce the proc chance to 50%. On 5 targets, the proc chance is reduced to 20%.
    What about 6-10 targets? Also 20%?

Rift Chaser

Spotters Order Spamtard spec is dying sweet.. Id actually like some form of skill requirement to keep threat as a warrior tank....

Hooooly balls huge mage changes....

Okay, as for my feedback:

Illuminate is a cool addition to Archon, bound to help it in PvP as well as provide a spotter's alternative.

Thunder Blast proccing GT is pretty awesome, lets you not use up the control DR with squirrel every time you want it! However I think the knockback distance should be looked at, as a tool for getting someone off you it's frankly pathetic, knocks back maybe 5m?

Elementalist changes are all cool, but dear god Elemental Fury is surely overpowered - a 165SP buff up permenantly if your elemental crits once per 15 secs?! I love the idea of pets getting a huge bonus at that level, and whilst this may be OK to help 51 Ele in PvE it seems like Ele may become insane in PvP due to this - I'd be sure to keep a very, very close eye on this one... I do admit that Ele was certainly the black sheep of mage souls so I don't know how bad it was; and I'm really glad it'll at least be viable, even if OP.

Love the Necro changes too - the 40+ point bonus seems entirely underwhelming compared to Ele's however, but since I have no idea of their comparative DPS maybe Necro needed less of a boost? Either way this one seems more balanced. Anyway, Love the 44pt, will make Last Gasp PvP specs even more awesome, and help with Necro's PvP mobility a TON.

Pyro changes are almost too much to take in, i love the removal of so much useless stuff in the soul, and good additions in general too. Letting other spells proc Combust is a good idea for sure, though whether it makes anything but Fireball worth casting I'm unsure... I must say that I think the GCD reduction is a fantastic idea, not too OP in general since many spells are long CT, but gives us an edge we previously lacked, since other classes have long had several or many off-GCD abilities. Making Countdown useful potentially is good, as is buffing Pyro armour at high Pyro (may be not enough to make it viable in PvE). I kinda get the feeling that all these small buffs will bump Pyro up to SC in PvE in single target (Ok if they're equal imo in that, since SC has epic AOE), and make it actually viable for DPS in PvP.

However, I'm concerned that too many of the all spell boosting effects are too low in the tree - I don't want PvPers to be pigeonholed into going 10-15 Pyro whatever the spec they're using for the huge benefits it gives low down, but it's hard to say if this is the case. The other issue is making Hybrids too powerful, but again that's hard to tell. I feel the attempt to boost synergy between souls, but why not spread the effects out across more than one soul?

Not too familiar with SC, but if the +crit dmg to icicle makes their STDPS stay at least the same, then fair enough i guess. The new AOE boost i assume is intended to make SC king of mage aoe, which I also don't mind and kinda like the idea of.

The Lock changes to DoT increase is awesome, great way to increase Synergy and make Pyro/Lock a much better spec with the combust changes. The VB Changes are like Ele ones, insane. With 4 DoTs, 51 Lock gains 44% dmg to VB :O, which will hopefully help drastically in PvE, great idea, and potentially make Lock a fantastic PvPer even with the nerf to DS's onset time. I feel the boost may be slightly too great again (for PvP - and please god make sure each stack of Haunting Pain doesn't count for a 1% boost) but hopefully it will just serve to make Lock less OPed in terms of AOE, but a better build-up STer!

Overall, I really like where this is going - no changes to souls that completely rewrite them (Pyro ones were huge yes but for a 1button class any changes are fairly minor, just adding more situational stuff) but some really, really good additions. This has really given me much more faith in your Mage team Trion, good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtdh View Post
    What about 6-10 targets? Also 20%?
    (100 / Number of Targets).

1 target -> 100%
    2 targets -> 50%
    3 targets -> 33%
    5 targets -> 20%
    10 targets -> 10%

Simple math, champ.
    Can't spell RAndom number GEnerator without RAGE.

glad to see your working on the reaver tree, i might actually get in a dungeon/raid now, but what about a way to do more dps? right now we have to hope other classes can boost our dps through buffs or we are stuck at the same dps (items dont help as much as they should).

STORMCALLER
    * Due to the below changes, characters with Soul Points spent in Stormcaller will receive a free soul respec.
    * Hypothermia: Increased the duration of the Hypothermia debuff to 15 seconds. Duration of the Snare effect is unchanged.
    * Building Storm, Favorable Conditions: Abilities removed.
    * Storm Shard - New Ability: Tier 3 branch ability with 3 ranks. Gives your Air spells a 33-100% chance to make your next Icicle cast within 10 seconds an instant cast, and gives that Icicle a 100% chance to critically hit with increased critical hit damage bonus of 100%. Cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.
    * Lightning Conductor: Now causes Electrocute, Thunderbolt, Raging Storm, and Forked Lightning to deal 10-30% more damage if the target is suffering from Hypothermia.
    * Watertouched Soulstone: Fixed an issue where this was not correctly working with AoE abilities.
    * Lightning Rod: Now reduces the pushback caused by damage attack by 50-100% while casting area effect spells.
    * Eye of the Storm: Damage increased.
    * Icicle: Damage increased.
    * Permafrost: Ability removed.
    * Severe Weather - New Ability: Increases damage done by area effect spells by 10-20%. Tier 5 branch ability unlocked after spending 20 points in Stormcaller.
    Do only I get a feeling Stormcaller resembles WoW Frost tree now? Only maybe more complicated:P
    Grim Yollidan the Insomniac, Blightweald EU
    WARNING! Treating my posts too seriously is not advised. Reading may cause headaches, anger, disbelief and nausea. If you find yourself in any of these conditions, please consult your psychotherapist... or your mom. Also cry a river and use a steamboat to cross it. You have been warned!

Yay!! Warrior tanking changes!!! Most of em i like, but... uh. some are just backwards thinking... i posted this in a warrior thread about the prelim 1.6 changes:

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post
    Overall i very much welcome tank skill reworking. I could care less about DPS buffs, i would much rather see bug FIXES. out of the important bugs perhaps five or so that have existed for MONTHS have been fixed, and the rest of the long list remains. At least they are showing they are trying...

One thing confuses me. they remove Spotters which was the only spammable call skill for threat generation from BA, but then give VK the almost identical ability to do so with Surge + PAct Conversion... do they not think things through or do they now want us to purely use VK builds? If anything we will now become pigeon holed even worse not only DPS-wise, but tanks too now!

im HOPING they figure out how silly it is to remove mechanics from one soul and just give it to another soul tree.... PTS testing extensively needed + feedback.
    Why? because without giving the Warlord tree an extensive buff to mitigation, they would effectively remove ALL usefulness from that soul... it would effectively become a low mitigation, low aggro soul with no need for Spotters in a raid anymore due to other classes getting this skill... what do they have against WL soul exactly?

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Glork View Post
    (100 / Number of Targets).

1 target -> 100%
    2 targets -> 50%
    3 targets -> 33%
    5 targets -> 20%
    10 targets -> 10%

Simple math, champ.
    Thanks for being snark about it. Aren't you assuming this? It could easily just be 20% all the way up to 10 targets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast