+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: HK Synergy Crystals, it is starting to be ridiculous :(

Default HK Synergy Crystals, it is starting to be ridiculous :(

We started raiding on the day HK opened up, that is almost 3 months ago. We have cleared everything up to Akylios for this week and we have 12 Synergy Crystal (Dark Pulsing Crystal) drops since HK day 1. Two of them are on players that aren't around anymore.

It is incredibly easy to get T1 synergy crystals and T1 raid gear. You can even do daily experts to get the marks you need and you dont need to raid at all in order to get a crystal.

Why do you make it so hard for us to keep our item set bonus, it does not make any sense to me.

We need more than 1 crystal each and occasionally people leave the raid force.

Please drastically increase the droprate of Dark Pulsing Crystal or change it to another kind of item that you can change to whatever soul's crystal by rightclicking it or make it something we get buy with inscribed sourcestones. Another option would be that T1 synergy crystals are compatible with T2 gear, meaning if you wear a T1 crystal and 4 pieces of T2, you can get the 4 piece effect of the T1 crystal.

It might just be we are a bit unlucky but it annoys me how easy it is to get crystals that go with T1 raid gear and how we have to unequip all crystals we might own (T1 and R8 for me) in order to be able to wear the gear from HK raids.

Something needs to happen.

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

I couldn't agree more, we are in the exact same boat and we have only seen >>>>one<<<<< trash drop synergy crystal.

know what this does? it pigeon holds you into being ONE spec in raids and i think that is far from what rift is about.

drastic drastic DRASTIC upgrade on trash or another method would NOT be game breaking in anyway
    Last edited by Magetron; 10-16-2011 at 09:52 PM.
    Your new world order will lead to none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Magetron View Post
    I couldn't agree more, we are in the exact same boat and we have only seen >>>>one<<<<< trash drop synergy crystal.
    know what this does? it pigeon holds you into being ONE spec in raids and i think that is far from what rift is about.
    drastic drastic DRASTIC upgrade on trash or another method would NOT be game breaking in anyway
    No it doesn't...it just means that you need to run the dungeon more before you will have another crystal. This means you actually have to continue to work for something to get it in the game instead of having it handed to you.

If you think that not having a synergy crystal is forcing you to be only the spec that you have one for in raids then you need to wake up. We never had these before...why do you NEED them now. They are nice boosts yes but they do not make or break your roles. Keep raiding and earn more crystals....you will eventually have more then one.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Hijati View Post
    No it doesn't...it just means that you need to run the dungeon more before you will have another crystal. This means you actually have to continue to work for something to get it in the game instead of having it handed to you.

If you think that not having a synergy crystal is forcing you to be only the spec that you have one for in raids then you need to wake up. We never had these before...why do you NEED them now. They are nice boosts yes but they do not make or break your roles. Keep raiding and earn more crystals....you will eventually have more then one.
    The game is designed with an extremely flexible soul system with multiple roles which is a clear indication that the intent is for players to be able to switch between builds depending on situations. HK synergy crystals currently are the complete opposite of this design by lifting one specific build above all the others in efficiency. That means if you want to be the most use for the raid you will always play that one build with maybe Estrode being the exception. It's not a matter of whether the crystal is absolutely required to play, it's a matter of not being less useful if you want to play the game to its full potential by switching between roles often.

The current system is also way too vulnerable to balance changes. Your whole HK gear set can be neutered overnight by a nerf or boost to a build that makes tier 1 raid gear better since you can have access to the right synergy crystal for that.

Someone who obviously missed the bus.

You do realize that having a T1 synergy Crystal and T1 gear and sometimes be better than wearing your upgraded T2 raid gear with no Synergy.

As the poster above me stated with a flexible system, and some callings needing to play several roles, it can sometimes feel like you are pigeon holed into a specific spec unless you have that synergy crystal.

Lets not forget the heavy nerf bat that Trion touts. One bad patch and you may find yourself using a different spec, and in need of a different synergy crystal.

No one is asking for these to be handed to them, they are just asking for more than 1 guaranteed drop a week and RNG for the rest of them.

20 people in your raid force that'd take you 20 weeks with terrible luck. that's 5 months to get every single player their synergy crystal, and god help you if you have heavy raid turn over. You think that 5 months is satisfactory to get 20 people ONE synergy crystal? I'd almost say just make them purchasable through Greater Marks. Take the RNG out of the whole process.
    Last edited by Grim Tidings; 10-17-2011 at 02:28 AM.
    Sir Azyurel of Eternal
    Eternal of Greybriar
    "WTF is the internet?"

I fully agree with you.

BUT

People are used to get things handed to them without (hardly) any effort these days so the OP has a point. In the light of all other things obtainable in Rift this particular item is too hard to get. Not near as hard as it should be in my standards, but by Rift standards WAY to hard.

Ascendant

basically what I hear in most reply is: "I already have all my crystalls from when their drop rate was higher, fsck you and shut up"
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Prophet of Telara

RNG is RNG :/

For many guilds, they have been clearing bosses for quite awhile and have had some awesome drop rates for crystals. Nearly everyone has their first crystal and some people a second.

As far as progression goes, this is great for them!

Unfortunately, many guilds were slower on the progress and likely have only about half their raid force with a crystal on top of being screwed with crystal drops.

This is why RNG is pretty sucky.

Side note, it is also hard to really implement any currency system of GMoA for crystals because you likely wouldn't want to slow down your gear progression, but making them MoA likely wouldn't be that logical. You could probably add in some random crystal drops on other bosses, potentially for the first three which I think only have a 33% drop rate for hex belts?

Shield of Telara

Make T2 Syn crystals be able to be bought with T1 Marks. Kind of like the T1 Crystals are bought with inscribed. C what i did thar?
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Quote Originally Posted by Pooshonmyshoos View Post
    Make T2 Syn crystals be able to be bought with T1 Marks. Kind of like the T1 Crystals are bought with inscribed. C what i did thar?
    /signed, i havent had a use for those marks for ages!

i keep the 4pc t1 set due to it being more dps than not wearing it when using a spec i dont have hk crystal for. since i only have 1 hk crystal and since it's a spec i cant use one very fight, this is a problem.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post

i keep the 4pc t1 set due to it being more dps than not wearing it when using a spec i dont have hk crystal for. since i only have 1 hk crystal and since it's a spec i cant use one very fight, this is a problem.
    And this is why set bonuses fail.

/signed up for T1 raid marks to buy crystals. Logically fits with previous crystals... Although I still need more marks to finish my tanking set.

=
    Last edited by Sebb; 10-17-2011 at 05:55 AM.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post

Same with me, I have 2-3 pieces of gear that I can't use because of the set bonus. Between the Clever set bonus and the Syn crystal set bonus mages are kind of boned on upgrading gear until we get 3 or 4 pieces to replace one set or another. The clever one can be replaced by two pieces but I am getting pieces for the crystal set and the clever set so it's just banked gear.

Also I won't be receiving a HK crystal anytime soon since we give them to DPS > Chloros, healers etc
    Last edited by Pooshonmyshoos; 10-17-2011 at 08:13 AM.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Quote Originally Posted by Pooshonmyshoos View Post
    Same with me, I have 2-3 pieces of gear that I can't use because of the set bonus. Between the Clever set bonus and the Syn crystal set bonus mages are kind of boned on upgrading gear until we get 3 or 4 pieces to replace one set or another. The clever one can be replaced by two pieces but I am getting pieces for the crystal set and the clever set so it's just banked gear.

Also I won't be receiving a HK crystal anytime soon since we give them to DPS > Chloros, healers etc
    Not just a mage problem. Warrior AOE dps takes big huge dive without 4 pc Dhel's set. I won't be upgrading anything until I get 2 pc HK.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    And this is why set bonuses fail.

/signed up for T1 raid marks to buy crystals. Logically fits with previous crystals... Although I still need more marks to finish my tanking set.

=
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    Not just a mage problem. Warrior AOE dps takes big huge dive without 4 pc Dhel's set. I won't be upgrading anything until I get 2 pc HK.
    I think that is a roadblock that Trion purposely put in place to slow the progression speed. Probably after next T2 raids are implemented we will notice that HK crystals are not so rare after all (but right now it suck because we are not upgrading to T2 gear so we can continue to use T1 synergy crystal).
    Last edited by Mneme; 10-17-2011 at 08:41 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Tidings View Post
    I'd almost say just make them purchasable through Greater Marks. Take the RNG out of the whole process.
    They could do that or even give them as guaranteed drops to a couple/few bosses. I think both are viable options.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast