Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Clerics, Mages and Warriors are All Underbuffed!

Default Clerics, Mages and Warriors are All Underbuffed!

After reassessing the situation, I realized that Trion's buffs made rogues viable. The rogue community, through their tireless efforts on the forums reinforced the fact that rogues are fine.

After playing many warfronts and watching rogues dominate the games and top the leaderboards, I came to the only logical conclusion left: rogues are fine and clerics, mages and warriors are underbuffed.

I think upcoming patches need to focus on buffing these classes to be fine like rogues are.

Mage, warrior and clerics should all be given a passive 30% damage reduction. Warrior, mage and cleric damage shields need to be buffed up to par with rogue damage shields to 30% of damage up to 50% of health, with near 100% uptime. Additionally, abilities such as Neddra's Essence, Singularity, Impassible Guard and the like need to be upped to 100% damage avoidance and reduced to a 2 minute cooldown.

Lingering Wounds needs to provide passive healing. Mages and Clerics should also be given an AoE healing debuff as well.

And of course, stealth.

Ascendant

QQ MOAR! Your tears are delicious.
    Last edited by Paikis; 10-15-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

almost forgot:

And Make it Lovely

Nice troll there bro.

Idk why I'm replying to a sarcasm thread, regardless here I am. Weekend warfronts littered with wonky part-time rogue revivals are a pain for both factions, either having too many, or at the same time having 10 marksmen spamming me lol - as a rogue since Beta.

In moderation, they are fine. 1v1 Rogues are now on equal footing. You can purge their buffs, cleanse their debuff - not that all of us use cookie cutter specs. And their DPS is not --- not! the highest in any realistic PvP spec - especially when playing properly to focus key opponents.

Good players, be they Warriors, Mages or other Rogues have an equal chance to win 1v1 when they play well. Previously we were considered food... and ultimately most of the Crying from other classes is due to them being upset that their Breakfast bites back.

There's fewer warriors doing top DPS... because there's fewer warriors, many crying about their own class nerfs not so much rogue buffs. I still see the same *good* warriors doing very very well, when they do play, but 2 button back-peddling types having a much harder time. This isn't an OP issue, it's simply leveling the playing field between those who can, and cannot play well - meaning a bad warrior was able to roflstomp a good rogue pre-1.5. And now has to work hard for Breakfast, same with the other two classes.

If you want the truth, and you're up to the challenge to play well: try dueling your guildies with various specs vs a Rogue in various specs. You'll see that it's fair. There's counters for all skills you can all throw at each-other. Just don't expect to have 1 spec that can conquer all.

~Ffi

So no, don't be buffin' all others lol

Warr P5, Mage P4, Rogue P8.

PS what I would vote for is limiting the percentage of any given class in a warfront, too much of any good things & all that.

Last edited by Ffionn; 10-15-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    After reassessing the situation, I realized that Trion's buffs made rogues viable. The rogue community, through their tireless efforts on the forums reinforced the fact that rogues are fine.

After playing many warfronts and watching rogues dominate the games and top the leaderboards, I came to the only logical conclusion left: rogues are fine and clerics, mages and warriors are underbuffed.

I think upcoming patches need to focus on buffing these classes to be fine like rogues are.

Mage, warrior and clerics should all be given a passive 30% damage reduction. Warrior, mage and cleric damage shields need to be buffed up to par with rogue damage shields to 30% of damage up to 50% of health, with near 100% uptime. Additionally, abilities such as Neddra's Essence, Singularity, Impassible Guard and the like need to be upped to 100% damage avoidance and reduced to a 2 minute cooldown.

Lingering Wounds needs to provide passive healing. Mages and Clerics should also be given an AoE healing debuff as well.

And of course, stealth.
    Whine more please. if we're making all equal then rogues will be getting plate, 2 handers, cleric level healing, triple aoe damage etc.

less crying more l2p. The FACTS are things are now equal and if that makes it hard for you to faceroll then good.

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Whine more please. if we're making all equal then rogues will be getting plate, 2 handers, cleric level healing, triple aoe damage etc.

less crying more l2p. The FACTS are things are now equal and if that makes it hard for you to faceroll then good.
    Getting buffed to ridiculous levels doesn't hide the fact you are still bad. Gear apparently didn't help you enough, so Trion decided you need a slew of 'iwin' buttons to feel good about yourself. Yes, a 3.5k shield up 100% of the time is completely balanced. You're terrible.

fail post is fail.
    Last edited by overbyte; 10-16-2011 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    QQ MOAR! Your tears are delicious.
    lol - are you trying to get my goat? haha - sad!

Banned

Getting buffed to ridiculous levels doesn't hide the fact you are still bad. Gear apparently didn't help you enough, so Trion decided you need a slew of 'iwin' buttons to feel good about yourself. Yes, a 3.5k shield up 100% of the time is completely balanced. You're terrible.

fail post is fail.
    You sir I fear would be outsmarted by doors. However i agree on one thing - the OP is indeed a fail post. Bad players whine about rogues, competent ones eat them alive.

aux

Heh, if you think rogues are balanced right now then you just aren't a very good rogue.

Which is probably why you still get eaten alive.
    I'm so BORED

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Heh, if you think rogues are balanced right now then you just aren't a very good rogue.

Which is probably why you still get eaten alive.
    Ah you're back here whining - no luck trolling the pvp forums? Thought crying louder here might work.

FACT - rogue dps was equalised last patch and tested here with an unprecedented level of feedback and discussion with rogue testers.

You are going to be one disappointed little bunny.

FACT - rogue dps was equalised last patch and tested here with an unprecedented level of feedback and discussion with rogue testers.

Banned

yes because y'know you want to test the class you're testing. no point getting mages to copy over to test rogues.

And it was in conjunction with the developers - if you'd been here you'd have seen the threads. Was closer and in more detail than any previous patch.

Get used to it - its balanced.

aux

Ah you're back here whining - no luck trolling the pvp forums? Thought crying louder here might work.

You are going to be one disappointed little bunny.
    Haha, no. I'm playing my rogue character, and being competitive again. Shame the only competition is other rogues, but I'm sure that'll change sooner or later. It's not good when I don't even have to make an effort.
    Last edited by aux; 10-16-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    I'm so BORED

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Haha, no. I'm playing my rogue character, and being competitive again. Shame the only competition is other rogues, but I'm sure that'll change sooner or later. It's not good when I don't even have to make an effort.
    yeah yeah troll troll. Cry about it more. Or you could learn to cleanse.
    Last edited by Auchter; 10-16-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast