+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 Necro looking good on PTS, but what is with the 4 piece...

Shield of Telara

Default 51 Necro looking good on PTS, but what is with the 4 piece...

Stats with pillaging stone + powerstone but before proc buffs(darkling skull, royal focusing crystal, etc.)
    sp:1634
    crit:1069
    pre-PS stacks on both parses

51 necro/15 lock(there might be a better spec, just made the most sense to me at the time)
    (06:09) Boss Practice Dummy: 1502 Auuuugggg-Draining Bolt-1639 | Auuuu | 1502

Pyro/ele - Turned off the pet SP buff for pyro, but used flaring intellect, nothing but pure fireball goodness w/ fire armor.

(05:04) Boss Practice Dummy: 1447 Auuuugggg-Fireball-3836 | Auuuu | 1447

I apologize for the one minute off, I thought I had ended my necro parse at 5:00.

Anyways, looks pretty good right? 51 necro sneakin on in on the potential DPS specs. So I go check out the crystal. Decreases Lich Form CD by 30 seconds and makes it last for an extra 15 seconds. Sounds kinda decent I guess. But wait a minute, one of the big reasons 51 Necro is doing well now is that Lich Form and Mass Graves are stacking every time(meaning the 2 new pets are getting 30% more damage as well as the one you have out normally), but with the 4 piece this would through the timing off completely. This 4 piece might end up HURTING DPS, I think both LF and MG need to be affected in the same way for this 4 piece bonus to work properly.

I really hope something is done about that, I would love a new spec to play, completely bored with all of them except for stormcaller, which seems like it's going to be nerfed so hard it will be unusable, or will be turned into a yawn-provoking macro smasher.

Telaran

The Pyro parse you posted is very very low for your gear so I would not jump the gun yet however its good to see other souls getting up there.

Shield of Telara

You can't really **** up a pyro rotation, and I fully admit to ****ing up the 51 necro rotation I came up with. The only thing that might have hurt my parse a bit was using fire armor without the synergy crystal rather than pyro. I did this because Pyro has enough RNG elements alone to factor in without pyro armor, and I've parsed higher with fire armor multiple times over pyro armor. This pyro parse I distincly remember getting lucky with combustion procs my first set of cooldowns, and didn't get any on my second.

Anyways, as far as the crystal, I think another 4 piece bonus would be to simply increase the benefit of Lich Form. While I generally like the idea of getting off another CD phase(assuming they would at least fix it so the 4piece affects LF and MG) in between flaring powers, I feel like making the CD phase more bursty would provide 51 Necro with a different feel and give it a different reason to play 51 over defile lock. IE Defile lock being a pure DoT spec, starting off slow but eventually reaching a consistent stream of DPS, Pyro/ele getting must of the DPS from it's burst every 2 minutes, leaving 51 Necro somewhere in the middle.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, what do you parse as pyro/ele and what are your stats at? Fireball is known to scale very well with spell power, but tbh I think the cast time and crit raid buffs contribute more(we're talking 80% chance to crit fireball, assuming crit capped). Keep in mind the cast time buff effects heatwave in a very big wayl, and it also increases DPS even more because more casts in a given time means more chances for combust to be up.
    Last edited by ElusiveJones; 10-11-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Soulwalker

I hit 1660 last night in a 4 min parse on the boss dummy testing out the Pyro Synergy Crystal with slightly lower stats than you listed there and I wasn't even on a good combust proc run. Pretty sure I could hit 1700 with a brightsurge and a decent amount of combust procs. Rotation was dead simple, Exposure -> Fireball -> Cinderburst when Pyro procs and no combust stacks are up. I usually hit Flamebolt before I dump CD's, but that's about it.

Shield of Telara

Well yeah when I used the 3 piece crystal I saw a 2-300 DPS increase, I didn't use any crystals here.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    Edit: Just out of curiosity, what do you parse as pyro/ele and what are your stats at? Fireball is known to scale very well with spell power, but tbh I think the cast time and crit raid buffs contribute more(we're talking 80% chance to crit fireball, assuming crit capped). Keep in mind the cast time buff effects heatwave in a very big wayl, and it also increases DPS even more because more casts in a given time means more chances for combust to be up.
    I have maybe 20 more crit than you and parse 1600 on the dummy over 5 minutes if I went to six minutes for another heatwave I am sure it would be higher. I still use flame bolt and pyro armor however because no matter what people have posted that still parses higher than pure fireball for me.

+ Reply to Thread