Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ember Isle Feedback - Round 1

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Ember Isle Feedback - Round 1

The veil is lifted, the shroud of mystery no more - the lands beyond the seas at least are calm with the fall of Akylios. The ancient Travelstones have risen again - revealing the path to the ancient home of the Kelari and the spirit lands of Ember Isle.

The RIFT saga takes its latest turn to this lone island, besieged from forces beyond imagine. The bloodstorm seek to draw the raw energies of the Sourcewells and sunder the ward forever.

In this first preview event you have explored Ember Isle in its rawest form. Uncut, unfiltered, and open to all who have the stomach for the wild frontier of PTS.

You may have fallen through the earth, become stuck in ancient ruins, or lost to oblivion - but with your assistance, you will see this island take shape right before your very eyes!

So share your feedback below - let us know what you think, and with all feedback, this is a work in progress - so keep that in mind. If you're expecting a finished experience, check back later - but if you're ready to get down to brass tacks, let it all out

Keep in mind that XP, itemization, art, NPC populations, and pretty much everything is not completed - but if you found any oddities, issues, or confusions please let us know - We look forward to your feedback, have fun!

Ayu
    Plane Touched

Thanks a lot Elrar, time to fire up the patcher again!
    Fei @ Bloodiron
    <Purge to Win>
    Progress:

Greenscale 5/5 (Conqueror) --- River of Souls 4/4 (Conqueror) --- Gilded Prophecy 4/4 --- Hammerknell 10/10 Akylios World 5th --- Drowned Halls 4/4

Soulwalker

Default Feedback

Well, the dock town and the indigenous people look fantastic. However, fist time on this server and I can't find uber-awesome special helper vendor. So far nice though, thanks for the new land to explore ^_^

Telaran

I explored the whole zone but haven't tried any the content on it yet. Zone looked great, was bigger than i expected. Mobs were actually tough, i'm so used to rolling right over mobs on live that i actually died a couple times and had to start being more careful. I hope you guys leave the difficulty where it is, the level 50 zones are way too easy with my gear now.

Only issue i had while looking around was after swimming under the water you can't position your camera to see above water again when you surface. Had to use mini map to get to a shoreline to fix my camera.

i chose to run around the whole zone doing mostly nothing, and i found a few issues, floating structures, unclickable artifacts etc that i reported

but i just wanna say that this zone is AMAZING, my first impression on zoning in, just based on the plant-life was that it looked like an alien world, in the sense that it wasnt so similar to the landmass we are used to, it felt fresh

i love the atmosphere, and what i know of the story so far is great, im hoping that we can get some of that stlyish kelari fasion they have goin on over there, didnt see any on quartermasters (then again, all i did see was drinks)

Rift Disciple

Didnt get a chance to hop on the PTS tonight, are there new artifacts for this zone?

5/5 GSB(conqueror) - 4/4 ROS(conqueror) - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH - 11/11 HK - RotP 4/4
    89/105 Ultimate Hunter -- 20/20 Ember Island
    Faythelin - 50 Rogue - Shatterbone

I think my big feedback would be "open it more often or make the PTS download smaller".

I'm not bitter, just whiny.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Faithelin View Post
    Didnt get a chance to hop on the PTS tonight, are there new artifacts for this zone?
    Yes, 20 full sets i think i recall Elrar saying in chat, which does not include the new "silver sight" arti's.

JennaHaze - 60 Defiant Warrior - SO - Bloodiron - Active
    Priscilla - 50 Guardian Warrior - Avid- Shivermere - Retired

Ayu
    Plane Touched

Elrar help,

The respawn location for guardians at "Fell Fields" coordinates: 10915, 3047 is terribly bugged, you keep falling through the world again and again, nothing helps, its an endless loop. I guess my PTS test session ended shortly.

You cant log out either and "I'm Stuck" Button doesnt help at all.
    Last edited by Ayu; 10-07-2011 at 06:59 PM.
    Fei @ Bloodiron
    <Purge to Win>
    Progress:

Greenscale 5/5 (Conqueror) --- River of Souls 4/4 (Conqueror) --- Gilded Prophecy 4/4 --- Hammerknell 10/10 Akylios World 5th --- Drowned Halls 4/4

Okay, here's my meta-feedback:

A level 50 zone on PTS really sort of suggests adding level-granting of some sort so people can actually explore it. Not all of us have 50s on PTS yet.

The art is gorgeous, at least in the starting town. Just amazing.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Rift Disciple

If you have any level 50 characters on live, copying to pts was instantly last time I did it. Or is that not possible at the moment?
    Last edited by nepumuk; 10-07-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    Human Dignity + Compassion = PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by nepumuk View Post
    If you have any level 50 characters on live, copying to pts was instantly last time I did it. Or is that not possible at the moment?
    It is. I foolishly believed the "how to get started" sticky, which says that there's no copying.

There is, hidden under the "transfer" option. So now I have a ...47. But at least it's a 47 with good stealth.

Ascendant

Ember Isle is beeyoutifull

I had some issues even seeing the quest NPCs though. I dont know if it was lag or not, but I would get arrows on the minimap but the NPC itself never loads (this seems to be happen ONLY to npcs that dont offer dailys/repeatables)

Also Im very impressed with all the new mobs

Also the mobs seemed to hit really hard! :| Not a fan of that lol
    Last edited by Zoam; 10-07-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Sword of Telara

I think the mobs should be toned down a little bit. Obviously they're meant to be harder than, say, Stillmoor. But unless you want every mage rolling around as a Chloro at all times on the island, they shouldn't be hitting for 10% of a mage's lifebar.

I'd say 8-9k HP, instead of 13k. Still a step above the last zone, but not so much that you have to be in T3 gear with full soloing spec to survive pulling 2 mobs.

Banned

Theres a lot of missplaced items. A bunch of things like planar charges and fire torches are floating in the air... some like 15 feet.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast