Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ember Isle Feedback - Round 1

Aesthetically it was simply amazing. The graphics quality of the environment was insane. A huge thumbs up on it. I enjoyed the sounds, like i got too close to the sirens and could hear them singing in the water. It is such a HUGE diverse island with different mob designs.

The Planar charges on the ground for the new dailies was a fun idea. Didn't get to implement it much but the new quests, the new mounts. (still wanna know where to get the spider Elrar was rocking). I definitely like how there are not only turrets but also heal turrets as well which should play a good role in massive invasions.

Overall it was just a blast to explore the new world and try to kill a few mobs. Definitely can't wait for more testing, and to see the new dungeon.

GM Of Untouchables

I loved the area except the guardian area is (very) underwhelming compared to the defiant area as usual.. you always do that.

Please give the guardian area buildings to enter and make it larger add some flare and other things, the defiant area is HUGE and amazing.

I know its subjective but come on.. stop ignoring the elephant in the room.
    Last edited by Magetron; 10-07-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    Your new world order will lead to none at all.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Magetron View Post
    I loved the area except the guardian area is (very) underwhelming compared to the defiant area as usual.. you always do that.

Please give the guardian area buildings to enter and make it larger add some flare and other things, the defiant area is HUGE and amazing.

I know its subjective but come on.. stop ignoring the elephant in the room.
    Hey, it's the Kelari homeland.

As in, this is our house.

You should be damn grateful Borrin was able to whip you up a servicable outpost. You got to the Isles like... last week.

My feedback: Make sure the new zone has some PVP content, preferably that RVR content PVPers have been asking for since beta.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Terram View Post
    Hey, it's the Kelari homeland.

As in, this is our house.

You should be damn grateful Borrin was able to whip you up a servicable outpost. You got to the Isles like... last week.
    There is a dwarf tribe there that has been there for just as long I forgot the name, that's mostly what i'm talking about. They use elementals as guardians and such and are mostly shaman. It still doesn't excuse this happening all the time. You also have MUCH better towns in the Mathosian home land. I play both (mostly guardian) because I have old wow friends that play both sides.
    Last edited by Magetron; 10-07-2011 at 08:07 PM.
    Your new world order will lead to none at all.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Magetron View Post
    There is a dwarf tribe there that has been there for just as long I forgot the name, that's mostly what i'm talking about. They use elementals as guardians and such and are mostly shaman. It still doesn't excuse this happening all the time. You also have MUCH better towns in the Mathosian home land. I play both (mostly guardian) because I have old wow friends that play both sides.
    You have the freaking Tower of Babel! The most Defiants have in Stillmoor is a repurposed city block, and a couple tents with barricades.

Quote Originally Posted by GLopez View Post
    My feedback: Make sure the new zone has some PVP content, preferably that RVR content PVPers have been asking for since beta.
    I like to counter that request wit ha NO to rvr in this zone!
    PvP has got new warfronts, raids and dungeon crawlers have gotten new zones to play in.
    Those of us that like open world pve have got NOTHING since release! We do not even have a zone that is strictly level 50. We have to play in 2 leveling Zones that have small parts as 50 areas!

You're already getting that with this zone. RVR would not make the zone lack what you're asking for.

I thought you were unsubscribing, anyway.
    Last edited by GLopez; 10-07-2011 at 08:35 PM.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

Soulwalker

I found a bug where if you die and respawn, you fall through the world until it resets your position. problem is, you just start falling again. My character's stuck in this mode, and a relog did not rend it. Please make the ground stable when we die

The scenery is absolutely gorgeous. I don't think I've ever personally seen anything so bueatiful in an MMO, ever. I also rather enjoyed having to actually think when fighting general population mobs (I got stunned, then it popped heatwave and started casting cinderburst, and I was like FUUUUU masking my interrupt, and loved every second of it).

The small placement errors I encountered were all reported, along with the graphics glitches that I'm sure you're aware of. My only negative comment would be that level 52 just might be a bit much, unless the actual intention is for people to be d2 geared before coming here or always in a group.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

You're already getting that with this zone. RVR would not make the zone lack what you're asking for.

I thought you were unsubscribing, anyway.
    I want RvR, but I'm going to vote no as well. The island is very densely packed as it is, and not evenly distributed.

I would rather they built a zone specifically for the RvR that was done right rather than shoehorn it in someplace it doesn't fit.

Although the new turrets and such like would be great to repeat in an RvR type system.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

So you're okay with PVPers getting shafted for yet another patch? I'm sorry, but I'm not okay with that.

Trion said they would give us RVR if we demanded it. We've demanded it through hundreds of pages of forum posts. If they're not going to add it when they finally add a new zone, when are they going to add it?
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

A bad implementation is worse than no implementation.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Banned

So you're okay with PVPers getting shafted for yet another patch? I'm sorry, but I'm not okay with that.

Trion said they would give us RVR if we demanded it. We've demanded it through hundreds of pages of forum posts. If they're not going to add it when they finally add a new zone, when are they going to add it?
    This isnt a PvP game.

Shafted? You just got a brand new zone last patch!
    Trion NEVER said they give you rvr. You and other mis quoted Scot Hartsman. He said it was some thing they would LOOK into if the player base wanted it. That is NOT the same.

If you want to know how SH feels about rvr look here.

Hartsman: Here is why I love our designs. This is why we don't have things like an overt overworld territory control game between the two factions. As soon as you do that, you have the problem of having to guarantee that it's going to be 50/50 in order for the service to be fun. None of our PvP is based around the idea that you need that for PvP to be fun. We are designing around needing that.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast