+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage changes (1.6)

well they can give rogues the ability to heal as well as a cleric or a chloro and they will be set =p
    Your new world order will lead to none at all.

Plane Touched

I'm fine with changing stop-casting crap or the toggle madness that is SC, as long as effectiveness isn't' lost. There are ways to change DS so it's not an uber upfront nuke, and there's ways of changing a very clunky mechanic in building storm, but honestly i'd toggle 5 more buttons to keep SC as good as it is now, because it's the only really good pve dps build.

GIEF BACK STOPCASTING.

seriously its a nerf to either Devouring Shadows (the only aoe ability worth using in Lock) and to Firestorm (ditto for Pyro)
    - the inability to utilise stopcast in pve make it a huge loss that is not being made up for by other means (increased damage per tick) making pyro aoe subpar and warlock all but non existent.
    - the loss of the first tick also means changing the position of the ground effect mid cast for non stopcasting applications, ie the mob moves is a huge loss, this also effects pvp applications as people can move ( !!! ) and is not made up for as is the case with other calling aoe abilities being targetable not ground based
    - if you insist in nerfing stopcasting as a way to squeeze out some more aoe dps at least do it in a way that still gives us something interesting to do, pyro is boring enough as is but stopcasting with its timing and mana consumption can make it interesting. something like the 5% debuff but not so high in the tree... maybe even ignite does as it says and ignites the enemy spreading a dot to nearby enemies that subsequently take more elemental damage if near the primary target?
    - as an idea for Warlock, how about basing the aoe on Grave Rot's Deathly Calling (or another debuff not consumed by pets) active so you place your ground effect(s) and blast dots which spread (eg. radiant spores but only if the nearby target has the debuff) until you need to refresh Debuff duration

stormcaller i have no comments as i am not a stormcaller but it seems like a huge nerf... it is obviously paving the way for something though so i'll watch this space

... oh yeah and also, please gief moar single target dps, kk tks. Lagging behind wars and rogues (by not insignificant margins) with t1r weps with a hk staff is not funsies. I dont care by what methods this comes even if it is harder hitting fireballs through tree talents... aoe is for lol-spam-fun-time

edit: dont care method for st dps as long as its not dependant on charge toggles which make it effected by lag or remove charge toggles from the effects of the ability que so they actually toggle during the gcd and not wait for the que time if you use it
    Last edited by Tomegun; 10-09-2011 at 10:00 AM.

~ 3/3IG ~ 5/5PBB ~
    Open to recruitment http://www.destiny-raiders.enjin.com/

I love how someone complains about 1 unique setup in pvp and Trion nerfs it across the board for all specs in both pvp and PVE.

****ing morons work at Trion i swear to god.

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    I love how someone complains about 1 unique setup in pvp and Trion nerfs it across the board for all specs in both pvp and PVE.

****ing morons work at Trion i swear to god.
    I love how every single patch that comes out nerfs me specifically. I've always been good at finding the best build to destroy people with in pvp, and I pretty much know that it won't work in a months time.

Rift Chaser

Revert devouring shadows, and fire storm.

Nerf Empowered Darkness so it doesnt affect AOE spells.

Leave building storm the way it is, but improve icicle making the stormcaller greater actually worth a damn (pyroarmor style self-buff that insta procs icicle is a good idea, just poorly implemented as it stands.)

Champion of Telara

With the changes to Devour Shadow, Fire Storm, and Building Storm ... Mages will not have a good AoE dps spec.

So ... we we won't be the best at anything.

AoE dps average - at best.

Single target dps sub-par (20% below Rogues and Warriors).

Heal substantially below Clerics (who can raid heal each other and have better 'oh crap' abilities).

Mages are the red-headed step-children of Rift.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 10-09-2011 at 11:35 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    With the changes to Devour Shadow, Fire Storm, and Building Storm ... Mages will not have a good AoE dps spec.

So ... we we won't be the best at anything.

AoE dps average - at best.

Single target dps sub-par (20% below Rogues and Warriors).

Heal substantially below Clerics (who can raid heal each other and have better 'oh crap' abilities).

Mages are the red-headed step-children of Rift.
    But you can support and your DPS is 30-40% better than clerics (if not more than that).

Why are you complaining? Because you aren't a warrior and you can't do 0 DPS and about 15% more healing as a result?

Cool story, bro.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    But you can support and your DPS is 30-40% better than clerics (if not more than that).

Why are you complaining? Because you aren't a warrior and you can't do 0 DPS and about 15% more healing as a result?

Cool story, bro.
    *nticar builds do more healing and a ton more damage than any chloro build.
    caba do more aoe damage than mages, even before 1.6.
    just learn to play your class.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    *nticar builds do more healing and a ton more damage than any chloro build.
    caba do more aoe damage than mages, even before 1.6.
    just learn to play your class.
    icar builds either do a ****load of healing, or a lot of healing and a decent amount of DPS. Not both at the same time.

Cab can ONLY AOE.

What were you saying?

Chloro can do one thing well, and that is heal the tank. Pretty much sucks at everything else.
    Gonna quit if the nerfs hit in the next patch, I lost all hope for the mage class after this update.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    icar builds either do a ****load of healing, or a lot of healing and a decent amount of DPS. Not both at the same time.

Cab can ONLY AOE.

What were you saying?
    yeah but they are best at their roles.

throw in a role change or 2 and they're also best tank healer, and best offtank.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenne View Post
    yeah but they are best at their roles.

throw in a role change or 2 and they're also best tank healer, and best offtank.

Not necessarily the best at their roles. And you're talking about completely different specs with potentially completely different gear sets including cores.

You have 1 set of gear. You have builds that do best in class AoE AND ST. You have never had to trade-off to do anything as a mage.

heh, pretty much a Arctic Blast PVP nerf as well, since you generally used it for Burst Damage to smash people with Stormcaller.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Amp

at the rate this is going, Trion should allow archons to only have 1 aura up so we can bring 5 archons to raids

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast