+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Attunement...yawn...

In my opinion the PA system is very lack luster and more grindy than the rest of the game, if you're going to put in something to devote time to make it worth while. The EQ system gave people a boost for playing a lot, and I think it should, this isn't a Mcjob where you spend 15 years flipping burgers for a ten cent raise. if people put in the time and effort they should be rewarded ala raiding/questing/pvping/rifting/artifacts they all take time to finish and they have some nice rewards for effort spent. where PA if you play casually might get 100 points a day if you're lucky (no xp pot, and figuring on an average dungeon group) you can get a craptatic reward of .2 dps or +1 to str maybe.... I'm not saying give them +10% to stats or anything game breaking this early out, but at least make it seem worth while... as it is now i'm not excited to get the next 100 points
    Ishinka, Guild Leader of Eternal IRON
    Deepwood shard Guardians
    Http://iron.guildlaunch.com
    4/4 4/4 5/5 5/5 4/4 10/11
    Your forum QQ fuels my Warrior DPS

Plane Touched

Don't like the aa system here either the bonus are so small i don't even want to level it.Really enjoyed the AA system in eq2.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Stabsalot View Post
    Don't like the aa system here either the bonus are so small i don't even want to level it.Really enjoyed the AA system in eq2.
    for a entry level tier what is given is fine. however, t2 needs to have some bigger bonuses to it and t3 needs to be some good stuff for goin that far into the planar attunement.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aastarius View Post
    Unless, 3 years down the line, you're a new player ... not so great.
    This.

I've not played EQ2, but I do play FFXI and their Merit system is another of these 'leveling without leveling' systems, which apparently like EQ2 and not like Rift, gives a noticeable increase to many stats and skills.

It was great when SE added it for all those at the level cap (was then 75) who then spent months and months and months capping all their Merits. Trouble was, that meant that the end-game was now inhabited by large numbers of players who were significantly more 'powerful' than a fresh 75, who was then way off being 'viable' for the then end-game.

Sadly this kind of system is a two-edged sword:

a) make it give significant and measurable stat increases and it adds a long grind to the leveling experience for new players (and I'm ignoring the fact that some Rift players exploited design flaws and raced to cap AA in a few days, that was just a crass bit of poor implementation on Trion's part) before they can 'compete' end-game.

or

b) make the buffs small and not of great significance and get the complaints we're seeing here, they're not worth that grind.

On the whole I prefer the former, make the buffs worthwhile, especially in a game like Rift where leveling to cap is incredibly quick anyway. I think Trion made the wrong choice, but since I'm not a hardcore end-gamer anyway I'm happy for whatever small buffs I may get and at least continuing to get some, even minor, character improvement while farming is welcome.

Rift Chaser

trion stated none of the aa's will be powerful enough to where they will have to design content around. that is what we got and actually i am very please with it. eq2 type aa's are too powerful for this game and alot of people wouldnt like how pvp got reduced results from them. eq2 was a pve game where class balance was nonexistant and pvp was a after thought. besides if you thought it was hard to get a new recruit raid ready now just wait when they add powerful aa's in game and see how fast it will be then.

no leave the aa's as there are and maybe add new utility planar abilities that dont affect content. like maybe a special mount for that rift type for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristofoli View Post
    They should add some fluff. Mounts, glowies, costumes and illusions would be something decent to work towards that wouldn't alter the game.

They would have to be pretty bad arse and there would have to be enough versatility so everyone doesn't look the same.
    This is exactly what I would want from the planar advancement system.

I think with the flexibility of specs and souls, EQs AA system simply wouldn't work. With the current way it is, the small gain in stats seem lame. If it were all fluff, I think it would be easier to implement things that people would want to grind, but wouldn't break the game.
    Nerf Optimus Prime, I once saw him solo 10 Decepticons...he is completely OP.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrasawr View Post
    I read that it's just something for XP. Why have anything at all if it's REALLY boring. .2 dps/sec...lol

Yawn...

How about some cool stuff?
    umm .2 is the 1st teir it goes up to .8dps and you can go into more attunements...added all up for example you could gettt 1.6 extra dps to swords in 1st teir
    and if you go 2 elements you could get 3.2... dont see that being small
    {WinterXI >>>> 13th Edition}

Rift Disciple

Cool stuff =

1) Extra talent points...and it should not be easy.
    2) Reset ALL cds on a CD
    3) Attunement to extra Chronicles
    4) Another layer of "omen sight" for artifact sets
    5) Faction Change
    6) Faction Change with CD (that would make for interesting times)
    7) Access to plane with...omg...player housing
    8) Opening of useful crafting...cooking...architecture (to build player houses)...or woodwork (player housing fixtures.
    9) Treasure finding
    10) Ability to be multi-classed (get ready for crazy times there)
    11) Access to plane of fire, water, etc.
    12) Faster mounts
    13) Banking with actual interest rates...protected by the RIFT FDIC of course
    14) Ability to place bounties on players
    15) Increasing Level
    16) Making achievement points do something
    17) Ability to wield non-class weapons...two handed swords for rogues
    18) Access to different talent trees

Bed time. That's all I got for now.

Rift Disciple

I srsly think the AA system does EXACTLY what is intended to do. It's boosting DPS and all really relevant stats just a tiny little bit, so that no unfair imbalancing happens. On the other hand it grants the advantage of "having something to do". And seriously, I LOVE grinding!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrasawr View Post
    Cool stuff =

1) Extra talent points...and it should not be easy.
    2) Reset ALL cds on a CD
    3) Attunement to extra Chronicles
    4) Another layer of "omen sight" for artifact sets
    5) Faction Change
    6) Faction Change with CD (that would make for interesting times)
    7) Access to plane with...omg...player housing
    8) Opening of useful crafting...cooking...architecture (to build player houses)...or woodwork (player housing fixtures.
    9) Treasure finding
    10) Ability to be multi-classed (get ready for crazy times there)
    11) Access to plane of fire, water, etc.
    12) Faster mounts
    13) Banking with actual interest rates...protected by the RIFT FDIC of course
    14) Ability to place bounties on players
    15) Increasing Level
    16) Making achievement points do something
    17) Ability to wield non-class weapons...two handed swords for rogues
    18) Access to different talent trees

Bed time. That's all I got for now.

why not a "I WIN THE GAME!!11!1!" button in this ultra-opness-list of yonder?
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    why not a "I WIN THE GAME!!11!1!" button in this ultra-opness-list of yonder?
    Because player housing = I WIN THE GAME!!11!1!!! obviously....

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptyx View Post
    ^ This. EQ2 AA system please!
    http://beetny.com/eq2aa

It felt like leveling without leveling, it was great.
    The current system works more like EQ1 AA which is good incremental upgrades. EQ2 AA was broken it was have to haves which only rewarded raiders and punitive to the casual player. We haven't seen tier 2 hopefully it will launch with new content and they will have more room to gives better bonuses without being game breaking.

Rift Disciple

There are very fun things to do without AA being game breaking. Scroll up and look at the list. Give them some ideas...they are asleep at the wheel on this.

Soulwalker

I think the bonuses are ok, I simply dislike the way they are organised.

eg my rogue uses a dagger and axe, I can choose an attunement with dagger & axe dps plus strength boost, or mace & axe plus dex but I can't get dagger & axe plus dex. It's minor but it is a nuisance.

Also, I believe the xp amounts required are way too much. 37 million xp to unlock T2 in a single plane is ridiculous particulalry since they've hotfixed every creative way people have come up with to gain xp.
    You're punishing yourself if you attempt to branch out into multiple planes.

i understand them not wanting to put super insane bonuses in, but as is the usual for trion, they went way too far in the other direction. the current bonuses are so incredibly small as to be pointless. +2% this and that.

just look at +5% swim speed. oh wow. how often do i swim? oh right, almost never. and if i got this, even when i did swim, the difference would be basically meaningless. there would be absolutely no harm in making this something actually useful. +25% swimspeed might actually make it desirable. yeah, it wouldn't have much function, but it'd be a nice little upgrade. maybe instead of going around one of those coves in shimmersand you'd rather swim across because it'd be faster.

and as for the "wait for tier 2 (or god forbid 3), it might contain something you could actually care about", for a system that's purportedly not supposed to be a grind, you shouldn't have to put hundreds of hours into it just to get to something worthwhile (if they even put anything worthwhile there, for all we know it'll be 'INCREASES NONCOMBAT RUNSPEED BY THREE! PERCENT")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast