+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Fan out - a bit too much

  1. #16
    Ascendant Blays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrinx View Post
    cabs dont have a heal debuff which siphons heals
    Obviously debuffing heal is much worse then 15 corpses. Dude your value of life is next to 0... that is not normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

  2. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocks View Post

    And, Devouring Shadows is bugged and being abused to do its damage.
    Its not bugged. Fire Storm is exactly the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrinx View Post
    cabs dont have a heal debuff which siphons heals
    No they can just heal themselves and everyone else by having 11 Justicar.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 10-04-2011 at 09:05 AM.

  3. #18
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Its not bugged. Fire Storm is exactly the same.



    No they can just heal themselves and everyone else by having 11 Justicar.
    Devouring Shadows is bugged because when traited properly, it delivers damage the moment it is pushed (and then theoretically again and again in pulses) but guess what.. if you just press the button, cancel the cast, press the button, cancel the cast - the pulses come much quicker than the ability is meant to deliver.

    I'm sure this is not intended by the Trion team. I'm sure they wouldn't make an ability, say it can do X amount of damage, but then deliberately give players a way to double that damage by scooting around their own mechanics.

  4. #19
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chantillary View Post
    Range.

    As a Cleric, I've got melee range AoEs, and ranged single target spells.
    As a Mage, I've got targeted location AoEs, and channeled and non-channeled ranged single target spells.

    Admittedly, as a Cleric I can cast my spells, and do melee AoEs on the run. However, as a Mage, I'm stuck to one spot. And when I'm dead before i can get into casting range, it tells me that the Rogues range is one HUGE advantage, that might even be considered as OP, for PvP AoE spammable attacks.
    who cares about range if it does no damage?

    cleric you can spec it to have 25-30m range and it only takes two of you to one shot people

    comparatively it takes 30-40 rogues using fan out to one shot anyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  5. #20
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    cleric you can spec it to have 25-30m range and it only takes two of you to one shot people
    If it takes more than one, then it isn't one-shotting. Just saying.

  6. #21
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekonix View Post
    If it takes more than one, then it isn't one-shotting. Just saying.
    point of the post was that fan out is sub par damage even if you had multiple rogues doing it. also the fact of the matter is unless fan out is magically killing ppl by itself from just one rogue then its not OP. having 4-5 rogues spamming suppression fire is no way to consider an ability OP.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

  7. #22
    Ascendant Mirimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    meh, you guys got ur wish, aoe doesnt proc our stuff.. meanwhile anything cast by another class does, suprised you arent complaining about eradicate spam again either, since all the other classes have 2-4 buffs each that cannot be purged, while rogues can have ALL of their stuff purged.. oh, and fel blades is the exact same thing, and can be applied via fanout if chosen.

    anyways, with the accolades out there in wf's people are instantly alerted if somebody starts doing good, and is there by focus fired...

  8. #23
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post
    point of the post was that fan out is sub par damage even if you had multiple rogues doing it. also the fact of the matter is unless fan out is magically killing ppl by itself from just one rogue then its not OP. having 4-5 rogues spamming suppression fire is no way to consider an ability OP.
    I'm not disputing that. Just saying if it take two characters together to kill someone with an ability, it's not one-shotting, that's two-shotting. I'm mainly just teasing really.

  9. #24
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekonix View Post
    If it takes more than one, then it isn't one-shotting. Just saying.
    they do stuff and my hp bar goes from full to zero with no chance at surviving.... whatever u want to call it go ahead baby

    wish rogues cud do that...
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 10-04-2011 at 08:41 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  10. #25
    Ascendant GoldenTiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    *shrug*
    Posts
    3,230

    Default

    If you're worried about AOE damage (which isn't OP from fan out, I laugh when I see marksmen spamming it and just heal through it easily) try spreading out from other members of your team. It only hits people near the original target.... .
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

  11. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocks View Post
    Devouring Shadows is bugged because when traited properly, it delivers damage the moment it is pushed (and then theoretically again and again in pulses) but guess what.. if you just press the button, cancel the cast, press the button, cancel the cast - the pulses come much quicker than the ability is meant to deliver.

    I'm sure this is not intended by the Trion team. I'm sure they wouldn't make an ability, say it can do X amount of damage, but then deliberately give players a way to double that damage by scooting around their own mechanics.
    Is there something you didnt understand when I said Fire Storm is exactly the same? Both deal instant damage. You have no idea what you're talking about.

  12. #27
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Is there something you didnt understand when I said Fire Storm is exactly the same? Both deal instant damage. You have no idea what you're talking about.
    So the only possible solution is that it's intended? Duhhh how about.. "They're both bugged." Does that make sense to you?

  13. #28
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Heh, I wish my Vampiric Munitions did 130k heals- Too bad it can be dispelled eh?
    Nice exaggeration there .
    Fan out doesn't do as much dmg as mage/cleric aoes. With full valor (1150), I've seen Devouring shadows crit tick for multi 1.8k hits, ffs.
    Hell I bet a Cab with points in justicar spec would prlly heal more than
    that PoS munition know as Vampric.
    Oh and, running while casting any MM ability as 51 Marks, nerfs your dmg by approx 35% btw.
    ******ed thread, that is all.
    SO much other crap you could be complaining about.

  14. #29
    Ascendant GoldenTiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    *shrug*
    Posts
    3,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocks View Post
    So the only possible solution is that it's intended? Duhhh how about.. "They're both bugged." Does that make sense to you?
    It's not a bug, it's just the mechanics of the game. P.S. You burn through mana quickly doing that!
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

  15. #30
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    What's the difference between that and 4-5 Mages, Clerics, and Warriors spamming AoE attacks?

    - Vybz
    actually its a big difference, rogues do it from way in the back and its literally spam, as in smash the button as fast as you can for more dps. Warriors AoE is melee at least.
    PvP and Warfront Forum Anthem
    PvP whining never ends...
    It just goes on and on my friends...
    "Something killed me in a warfront and I don't know what it was...
    So I'll start a thread and rage and cry forever just because..."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts