+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Shhhh
  • 1 Post By Persesaapas

Thread: Mages 1.6 Wishlist

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default Mages 1.6 Wishlist

    We have seen warriors and rogues get some loving. Could we please get the mages some changes in damage please. Not in PvP mind you, since this will just cause gripes as every artchtype has at least one viable spec in PvP, and whoever doesn't play that role combination tends to say that all other archtypes are OP and should be nerfed... Anyways, PvP = stay as is. PvE = change.

    1) Please state what is the purpose behind our classes
    Ex. Chloromancer = Focused or AoE healing done mainly through damage
    Pyromancer = AoE fire based damage
    Necromancer = Death based Pet class
    Warlock = Single target damage and high synergy with other classes

    2) Please look into our damage output. As mages, the main idea behind the class was that they could do conciderable burst damage at the expense of survivability. Currently this is a joke, and in neither ST or AoE damage do we have anything that could be concidered "burst". On top of this, we are very heavily "backloaded" when it comes to damage. Any changes in our burst, should, obviously, only affect PvE, as burst in PvP is always what garners calls for nerfs. Better yet, if you are going to give us burst in PvP as well, make it have a hefty penalty after use. Something like "stuns the caster for 3 seconds after use." This will make the burst very situational, and will be used only as a finisher, or as a move of desperation if death seems inminent.

    3) Soul Synergy is something that we are really lacking. There are certain souls that can only be paired with a specific calling, and then you are pigeon-holed into certain builds to prevent the negative effects of the class. Pyro is a good calling to this example. Please tell us what this class mixes with aside from Archon 5 point fire damage increase? And warlock doesn't count, because it is the ultimate synergy calling and mixes with all other classes.

    4) Dominator loving - Here is a big one. The dominator soul is extremely situational, and I have yet to see anyone play it outside of some solo, and some PvP because of split personality, and the transmografy. This CC class is by far the most useless in raids or any boss fight for that matter. To make this class viable, please concider a the following technique: If skill is resisted/inmune causes xyz effect/damage. The effects can be just about anything. Something like "increases the xxxx of 5 members by yyyy". This will go a LONG way in making dominator usefull in raids and boss fights, without having to compromise the mechanics of the bosses. This will also be loved by dominators in PvP, because now all those resists or immune messages get replaced by a buff or some straight damage. This also goes with the calling of dominators, because to force yourself out of something (like tight ropes), you usually have to struggle and even harm yourself a bit (anyone heard the phrase, pinch yourself to see if you are dreaming?).

    5) Add more viable combinations of souls to be compatible with our current top dps roles. Necro/Lock (ST damage), and the Storm/Ele (AoE damage) builds are what everyone has to go into if they want to be top dps for the class (These are still not even remotely competitive with equally played and geared Warriors and Rogues, but that is something for another post.) Allow for other combination of souls to also be viable. For example, allow for Elementalist to also increase fire damage, or fire spell rates, so that it can synergise better with the Pyro soul. Or give the chloromancer the ability to turn all spells to life damage for a set duration. Or by the same token, the Elementalist should be able to change all spells to be of a particular element. By mastering what type of attacks it does, the elementalist can change spell damage to whatever it believe the target is most weak to. This will make it synergise with just about all souls that use elemental damage.

    These are but a few suggestions, and I am sure the mage community can think of many more that can be worked out in the months before 1.6 comes out. Please concider the mage population for your next patch, since we are a steadily decreasing group of players due to many factors, but ussualy can be resumed in "not being competitive."

  2. #2
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchGamer View Post
    We have seen warriors and rogues get some loving. Could we please get the mages some changes in damage please. Not in PvP mind you, since this will just cause gripes as every artchtype has at least one viable spec in PvP, and whoever doesn't play that role combination tends to say that all other archtypes are OP and should be nerfed... Anyways, PvP = stay as is. PvE = change.

    1) Please state what is the purpose behind our classes
    Ex. Chloromancer = Focused or AoE healing done mainly through damage
    Pyromancer = AoE fire based damage
    Necromancer = Death based Pet class
    Warlock = Single target damage and high synergy with other classes

    2) Please look into our damage output. As mages, the main idea behind the class was that they could do conciderable burst damage at the expense of survivability. Currently this is a joke, and in neither ST or AoE damage do we have anything that could be concidered "burst". On top of this, we are very heavily "backloaded" when it comes to damage. Any changes in our burst, should, obviously, only affect PvE, as burst in PvP is always what garners calls for nerfs. Better yet, if you are going to give us burst in PvP as well, make it have a hefty penalty after use. Something like "stuns the caster for 3 seconds after use." This will make the burst very situational, and will be used only as a finisher, or as a move of desperation if death seems inminent.

    3) Soul Synergy is something that we are really lacking. There are certain souls that can only be paired with a specific calling, and then you are pigeon-holed into certain builds to prevent the negative effects of the class. Pyro is a good calling to this example. Please tell us what this class mixes with aside from Archon 5 point fire damage increase? And warlock doesn't count, because it is the ultimate synergy calling and mixes with all other classes.

    4) Dominator loving - Here is a big one. The dominator soul is extremely situational, and I have yet to see anyone play it outside of some solo, and some PvP because of split personality, and the transmografy. This CC class is by far the most useless in raids or any boss fight for that matter. To make this class viable, please concider a the following technique: If skill is resisted/inmune causes xyz effect/damage. The effects can be just about anything. Something like "increases the xxxx of 5 members by yyyy". This will go a LONG way in making dominator usefull in raids and boss fights, without having to compromise the mechanics of the bosses. This will also be loved by dominators in PvP, because now all those resists or immune messages get replaced by a buff or some straight damage. This also goes with the calling of dominators, because to force yourself out of something (like tight ropes), you usually have to struggle and even harm yourself a bit (anyone heard the phrase, pinch yourself to see if you are dreaming?).

    5) Add more viable combinations of souls to be compatible with our current top dps roles. Necro/Lock (ST damage), and the Storm/Ele (AoE damage) builds are what everyone has to go into if they want to be top dps for the class (These are still not even remotely competitive with equally played and geared Warriors and Rogues, but that is something for another post.) Allow for other combination of souls to also be viable. For example, allow for Elementalist to also increase fire damage, or fire spell rates, so that it can synergise better with the Pyro soul. Or give the chloromancer the ability to turn all spells to life damage for a set duration. Or by the same token, the Elementalist should be able to change all spells to be of a particular element. By mastering what type of attacks it does, the elementalist can change spell damage to whatever it believe the target is most weak to. This will make it synergise with just about all souls that use elemental damage.

    These are but a few suggestions, and I am sure the mage community can think of many more that can be worked out in the months before 1.6 comes out. Please concider the mage population for your next patch, since we are a steadily decreasing group of players due to many factors, but ussualy can be resumed in "not being competitive."
    1. They are easy to figure out what they should be used for, just read tooltips.

    2. I would consider heatwave, and the little AoE thing from SC that takes away all elec. stacks and empty the crypts and split personality and the 51 ele ability (does anyone even use this?) as burst damage... I probably missed a few there too...

    3. Pyro fits w/ ele well, ele fits w/ sc well, archon fits w/ pyro well, Necro and lock fit together well... and dom is one of the better options for people who run 51pt abilities in Archon or Chloro...
    I don't think all mage souls should get along well, Death and Life magic shouldn't synch, that makes little sense...

    4. Transmog and the reflect shield isn't required, but makes some fights a little more relaxed, just have your Archon spec into it a bit...

    5. My current gear is kind of subpar to most high end raiders, just have 4pc mark bonus, Pyro and Warlock Syn crystal 4pc crafted and a couple raid drops from GSB/RoS but... I pull ~1.7lk on duke w/o using an AoE in pyro/ele.. doesn't seem that bad...

    I'm not saying mages don't need a little boost...
    But either I'm missing something, or you're just making excuses...


    Only reason I replied was because you said mages don't have burst... Seriously!?

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara Shhhh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    For 1.6 i want a high end competitive mage dev to work for trion.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Neown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    307

    Default

    the OP didnt say anything about the best calling that mages have...and Pyromancer is AoE based?

    sigh mage community.

    let me guess you dps as necro/lock and pvp as chloro/lock.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Neown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    307

    Default

    small things could help Mage single target dps a lot for example.

    Pyromancer

    Wildfire - Firebolt has a 33/66/100% chance to Proc countdown on the target.

    Or make countdown off GCD so it will make pyro less of a 1 skill rotation + an nice boost in dps

    Lower the damage of countdown as needed.

    -------------------------------

    Stormcaller

    Make Building Storm a buff or passive will make "lesser" players happy, and make the rotation easier.

    Make it like 3 stack is max. 5-10-15% crit chance, 33/66/100% crit dmg. THis would stop icicle spamming maybe? After you cast a hypo skill it goes back to '0'

    Make icy carapace pop on lightning based attacks, and Increase the dmg of the DoT portion.

    ---------------


    There is plenty more small things that could change all the builds nicely, and one day we can hope to match warriors in dps =O.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchGamer View Post
    We have seen warriors and rogues get some loving. Could we please get the mages some changes in damage please. Not in PvP mind you, since this will just cause gripes as every artchtype has at least one viable spec in PvP, and whoever doesn't play that role combination tends to say that all other archtypes are OP and should be nerfed... Anyways, PvP = stay as is. PvE = change.

    1) Please state what is the purpose behind our classes
    Ex. Chloromancer = Focused or AoE healing done mainly through damage
    Pyromancer = AoE fire based damage
    Necromancer = Death based Pet class
    Warlock = Single target damage and high synergy with other classes

    2) Please look into our damage output. As mages, the main idea behind the class was that they could do conciderable burst damage at the expense of survivability. Currently this is a joke, and in neither ST or AoE damage do we have anything that could be concidered "burst". On top of this, we are very heavily "backloaded" when it comes to damage. Any changes in our burst, should, obviously, only affect PvE, as burst in PvP is always what garners calls for nerfs. Better yet, if you are going to give us burst in PvP as well, make it have a hefty penalty after use. Something like "stuns the caster for 3 seconds after use." This will make the burst very situational, and will be used only as a finisher, or as a move of desperation if death seems inminent.

    3) Soul Synergy is something that we are really lacking. There are certain souls that can only be paired with a specific calling, and then you are pigeon-holed into certain builds to prevent the negative effects of the class. Pyro is a good calling to this example. Please tell us what this class mixes with aside from Archon 5 point fire damage increase? And warlock doesn't count, because it is the ultimate synergy calling and mixes with all other classes.

    4) Dominator loving - Here is a big one. The dominator soul is extremely situational, and I have yet to see anyone play it outside of some solo, and some PvP because of split personality, and the transmografy. This CC class is by far the most useless in raids or any boss fight for that matter. To make this class viable, please concider a the following technique: If skill is resisted/inmune causes xyz effect/damage. The effects can be just about anything. Something like "increases the xxxx of 5 members by yyyy". This will go a LONG way in making dominator usefull in raids and boss fights, without having to compromise the mechanics of the bosses. This will also be loved by dominators in PvP, because now all those resists or immune messages get replaced by a buff or some straight damage. This also goes with the calling of dominators, because to force yourself out of something (like tight ropes), you usually have to struggle and even harm yourself a bit (anyone heard the phrase, pinch yourself to see if you are dreaming?).

    5) Add more viable combinations of souls to be compatible with our current top dps roles. Necro/Lock (ST damage), and the Storm/Ele (AoE damage) builds are what everyone has to go into if they want to be top dps for the class (These are still not even remotely competitive with equally played and geared Warriors and Rogues, but that is something for another post.) Allow for other combination of souls to also be viable. For example, allow for Elementalist to also increase fire damage, or fire spell rates, so that it can synergise better with the Pyro soul. Or give the chloromancer the ability to turn all spells to life damage for a set duration. Or by the same token, the Elementalist should be able to change all spells to be of a particular element. By mastering what type of attacks it does, the elementalist can change spell damage to whatever it believe the target is most weak to. This will make it synergise with just about all souls that use elemental damage.

    These are but a few suggestions, and I am sure the mage community can think of many more that can be worked out in the months before 1.6 comes out. Please concider the mage population for your next patch, since we are a steadily decreasing group of players due to many factors, but ussualy can be resumed in "not being competitive."
    1) They all have tooltips, no? I'm not really sure what you want, unless you want a generalization like Pyro only excels at AoE...

    2) No burst?
    http://www.raidrifts.com/report/view...594254/665087/
    Click the check mark next to Turbine, then uncheck the bottom 'Total'. Look at the peaks. 17k dps isn't enough burst for you?

    3) At this point I've realized you don't raid, and stating that you put 5 in Archon anymore assures me of this. You never, ever, put points in Archon for fire anymore because Pyro rewards 1.2% fire damage per point spent, where Archon only awards 1% for 5/5. Anyways, you have Ele as well, then for pvp Pyro/Dom.

    Also, there are callings with MUCH less synergy than we have. Ever try making a shaman/warden/justicar? No? Probably because it's useless. But a Pyro/Chloro/Dominator is still pretty useful.

    4) You're complaining Trion gave mages a soul that is almost completely PvP focused, because most of the controls are useless in PvE? Really? You know how many other callings would have a field day if not only their PvP soul was oriented towards PvP/Control, but they had another soul to pair with it?

    5) Pyro/Ele beats Necro/Lock because your pet doesn't scale as well. Also, we don't need to top single target dps because we have such immensely high AOE dps that we will always have a purpose. Refer to that good ol 17k burst a few weeks back on Alsbeth.


    TLR - Please stop being your stereotypical whining mage. Learn your calling; it's immense and offers so many things the other three cannot. Most of the mage souls require more skill and fleet of finger than the rest of the callings as well, so be prepared to work hard.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Mirimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    Dear santa/trion (whoever replies first),

    For xmas can we get less QQ about mages? I like where my mage is in healing and dps (especially topping aoe dps in HK ) All these bads crying about wanting mage buffs need some coal, Thx, i left you some cookies.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    To make 51Pyro viable, they should add a passive (like Living Infusion) which increases the damage for every point over 32.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    To make 51Pyro viable, they should add a passive (like Living Infusion) which increases the damage for every point over 32.
    Like, say, Burning Bright?

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    "Pyromancers are destructive mages whose sole focus is the mastery of fire, from launching massive incinerating blasts, to trapping their opponents behind a smoldering wall of flame. No other Ascended can match the sheer destruction at the Pyromancer’s fingertips."


    Too bad they are over nefed to oblivion. Unsubbed months ago and keeping eye of the mage development. I might return if 51 point pyro gets back its burst.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    Dear santa/trion (whoever replies first),

    For xmas can we get less QQ about mages? I like where my mage is in healing and dps (especially topping aoe dps in HK ) All these bads crying about wanting mage buffs need some coal, Thx, i left you some cookies.
    says the rogue.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    Dear santa/trion (whoever replies first),

    For xmas can we get less QQ about mages? I like where my mage is in healing and dps (especially topping aoe dps in HK ) All these bads crying about wanting mage buffs need some coal, Thx, i left you some cookies.
    should I repost all your whining post from the rogue forum?
    you are the king of QQ
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    4) You're complaining Trion gave mages a soul that is almost completely PvP focused, because most of the controls are useless in PvE? Really? You know how many other callings would have a field day if not only their PvP soul was oriented towards PvP/Control, but they had another soul to pair with it?
    .
    Uhh no. EVery class has "ONE" PvP Soul, Dominator is NOT the PvP Soul. Peroid.
    It is the Support via Crowd Control Soul
    It is the Enchanter
    The mesmer
    The Psiconist

    It may have abilities that are powerful in PvP; but they are ONLY that powerful in PvP, because TRION in there infinite wisdom decided.

    LETS GIVE EVERYONE CC!
    and then
    LETS GIVE DOMINATORS MORE OF IT!
    then
    LETS MAKE CC USEABLE IN PVP!
    Then
    LETS MAKE CC HAVE NO EFFECT IN PVE AT ALL, THUS MAKING OUR RAIDS EASIER, AND NOT REQUIRE ANY MAGES!

    Its a PvE soul, if it was our PvP Soul, it would be called Dominator and not Archmage.
    So, a PvE soul that has no real use in PvE makes it apear to be the 'PvP' soul, and it Fails at it;
    PvP that is.
    Becuase

    IMMUNE
    IMMUNE
    IMMUNE

    Heres a hint.
    every CC the dominator has, Except for a couple, have another CC attacked to it.
    Deaths Edict, has a snare.
    Storm Shackle is a Root + A snare
    List goes on.

    In PvP? CC's with multiple CCs in them = Fail. You now get a whopping "ONE" Use from any of your CC's! where as other classes? They can 'use' both of theres!
    Dominators need something, and unfortunately it has nothing to do with there abilities.
    It has to do with the fact that TRION as RAID and DUNGEON makers, have failed to Impliment CC into there Boss Mechanics on the Dungeon or Raid Encounter; And that is only becuase they are afraid having CC in there raid encountesr would Triviliaze them. And they are wrong, they just are not smart enough, or willing to implment raid encounters that could actually USE Crowd Control.

    Hell, Silences, Spell Reflects, Reduction in Healing recieved/Dealth, Energy/Mana Siphons...Hell Why don't we have a Boss Encounter where not only is it important to DPS the sucker, but to keep them OOM? Its not that hard! Start a boss at 0 Mana, let them Gain (x)M/s, thus making every class that can siphon mana (Inlcuding dominators) very important for said fight.

    And if you say..

    buu
    buuu
    buuuut THAT WOULD REQUIRE ONE!

    ZOMGS!
    20+ people, at least 3 of those are mages!
    You have 4!, 5! Callings! I have freaking DPS, Healing, AOE, Solo, PVP freaking builds! not that hard to make a Build specifically for a fight you go to weekly!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts