+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: We seriously want ANOTHER ROLE! PLEASE! :(

Rift Disciple

Default We seriously want ANOTHER ROLE! PLEASE! :(

Thread title says everything. Implement 6th role, make it 200plat, idc. Just give it to us

100% Agreed.

I could easily say that i need 8 roles. Iam mage and i could say why.

1 - full healer (for good healer functions)
    2 - full archon (for suport raid)
    3 - clorolock (for pve and pvp)
    4 - pyro/elem (for dps rais)
    5 - dom / storm (for pvp)
    6 - cloroelem (for mage tank, yeah i need)
    7 - Necrolock (for pvp and some cases pve)
    8 - secret build

Patch 1.5.1 - Because we have forgotten the sixth role.
    Last edited by Samfortal; 09-30-2011 at 12:02 AM.
    Rift 2.6's - Things I miss a lot in Rift: 1. No lock raids or boss, only lock drops and tokens. 2. I want a button to visit to other servers more easily. 3. Too low FPS yet. Fix Rift Client please. 4. Fair PVP, too much unbalance and crap healing war.
    - Thinks i like most right now: 1. Hailol Footholds 2. Flexible builds 3. Mage tanking comming .

I need more than 6 roles even:

single target healer
    aoe healer
    molinar tank spec
    matron balcony spec
    estrode spec
    aoe dps
    single target dps
    mobility
    PVP spec (atm this has instant squirrel which is handy when the person who usually is on vladmal adds squirrel duty isnt in the raid but honestly I would really like to be more flexible for pvp as well!)
    archon specs
    10 man chloro spec with archon

5 roles might be ok for causual players, they are not sufficient for raiders. People in our guild constantly respec / rebuild their builds.
    Last edited by Ramea; 09-30-2011 at 03:29 AM.

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

Rift Disciple

It costs 50 gold and 5 minutes, get over it. Your macros save, so just drop everything on your bars.

We raid three nights a week and I redo 3 roles every raid to replace my pvp roles. Just man up and hunker down, don't have the memory of somebody suffering from Alzheimer's, and you'll do fine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It costs 50 gold and 5 minutes, get over it. Your macros save, so just drop everything on your bars.

We raid three nights a week and I redo 3 roles every raid to replace my pvp roles. Just man up and hunker down, don't have the memory of somebody suffering from Alzheimer's, and you'll do fine
    I've said it on pretty much every thread that this comes up. What we don't need is more roles so that you can be perfect for every single thing you're doing. What I do want to see is the ability to store your roles and button layouts at your trainer so that at any given moment you can walk up to your trainer and pick the 5 things you think you are going to be doing and pay your respec fees. This way you still need to be flexible, but not extremely role specific, still pay your respec fees, but also have an incredibly quick respec so that you can just run inside, a few clicks an you're done.

The point of the role system is so that you can be flexible when you need to be, not so that you have have a spec for each and every pull that's tuned exactly to that 30 second fight.

Shadowlander

I like to add 2 more roles.
    Sinjyn - 50 Rogue

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

I Just dont get why you advocate economy of 100kb place on local PC with constatnly redoing of specs we are using? Up to me - there should be enought specs for 50p after 4th to deck all our needs. Be it 10 or 100 doesnt matter.

Another one of these threads, again I agree that more specs is always better. I'd much rather prefer some sort of infinite respec on the spot, either for free or for the cost of a trainer reset.

As Ramea has said, not all of us are faceroll 2 macro warriors, some of us are Mages who run a different spec for every single fight, often with different mages doing different jobs. And if your regular Dollin tank for example isn't there you need a backup.

Ideally I'd be running with:
    1: Pyro/Ele
    2: Channel Pyro/Ele
    3: Sc/Ele
    4: Channel Sc/Ele
    5: Reflect Archon
    6: AP Archon
    7: Chlorolock
    8: Non-Opp Chlorolock
    9: 10pt ChloroDom
    10: 11pt ChloroDom
    11: Tome Build
    12: Dollin Build
    13: Defilelock
    14: Lichlock
    15: Estrode DPS Build
    16: Estrode Archon Build
    17: EmpAP ChloroDom

Off the top of my head.
    I'd also like a PvP build or too, but as you can see I don't have the space.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 09-30-2011 at 06:40 AM.
    Nope.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Another one of these threads, again I agree that more specs is always better. I'd much rather prefer some sort of infinite respec on the spot, either for free or for the cost of a trainer reset.

As Ramea has said, not all of us are faceroll 2 macro warriors, some of us are Mages who run a different spec for every single fight, often with different mages doing different jobs. And if your regular Dollin tank for example isn't there you need a backup.

Ideally I'd be running with:
    1: Pyro/Ele
    2: Channel Pyro/Ele
    3: Sc/Ele
    4: Channel Sc/Ele
    5: Reflect Archon
    6: AP Archon
    7: Chlorolock
    8: Non-Opp Chlorolock
    9: 10pt ChloroDom
    10: 11pt ChloroDom
    11: Tome Build
    12: Dollin Build
    13: Defilelock
    14: Lichlock
    15: Estrode DPS Build
    16: Estrode Archon Build
    17: EmpAP ChloroDom

Off the top of my head.
    I'd also like a PvP build or too, but as you can see I don't have the space.
    Must be nice to have options.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    I've said it on pretty much every thread that this comes up. What we don't need is more roles so that you can be perfect for every single thing you're doing. What I do want to see is the ability to store your roles and button layouts at your trainer so that at any given moment you can walk up to your trainer and pick the 5 things you think you are going to be doing and pay your respec fees. This way you still need to be flexible, but not extremely role specific, still pay your respec fees, but also have an incredibly quick respec so that you can just run inside, a few clicks an you're done.

The point of the role system is so that you can be flexible when you need to be, not so that you have have a spec for each and every pull that's tuned exactly to that 30 second fight.
    Completely agree. I don't really care for having 15 roles at a time, as much as being able to switch having a 5 pvp roles one day, 5 pve roles another day, and maybe a couple farm specs another day WITHOUT having to re organize keybinds, re-speccing etc.

Rift Disciple

I am sure it will come at some point but 200 plat might be too low a cost for it.

What never ceases to baffle me is how anyone can actually argue against a couple more roles for a game like this. Especially considering that obtaining the roles would be optional. You would only be running around with a bulky 6-8 roles (or whatever the amount may be) if you decided to obtain them.

What we don't need is more roles so that you can be perfect for every single thing you're doing.
    This is just extreme exaggeration. I would probably need around 20 roles to even come close to being "perfect for every single thing I'm doing." And no one is advocating something that extreme.

That is not even my reasoning for wanting more though. It's just a desire for more variety. Quite frankly, the idea of adding a "save spec" button to your trainer defeats the whole point of the role-switching system. All you're doing is adding an extra step and a credit sink for something that is meant to be convenient by design.

Here's an example of its flaws: "Hmm, I just got into a warfront and there are no healers. Maybe I should use my PvP healing spec. Oh wait, I don't have one in my roles. Lemme go leave the warfront and bring out my saved healing spec.

Hold my spot for me guys!

*gets ascended disgrace debuff*"

Soulwalker

This. Would love to see a "Save Spec" feature.
    Alternately, I'd accept 1-2 more roles, but I think the save spec feature would be preferable.

The only reason that comes to my mind, why a player would be against allowing people more roles, is if they are worried they would be expected to actually be flexible and have x different roles.

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

Trion should give us 1 bonus role for every month subscribed (all paid for months, even if in advance). If you raid and pvp you will be able to use 15 roles very easily.

Many people I know are deeply frustrated by redoing their bars & macros constantly for no good reason at all, just shortsightedness.

Guild/Raid leader of Shoreline 5/8 ID (No reflect Rusila, hardmode Conclave) Recruiting a few more excellent raiders: for Infernal Dawn progression

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast