+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Petition against latest mm change..trion please read!!!

Telaran

have you guys even tested mm on test or are you just crying to cry - the long build up of the munitions sucks but this change isn't really going to change anything by more than a couple of seconds - strafe didn't chain proc sta before (you only got 3-4 out of the 5 shots. nothing is different - rapid fire didn't give you 5 stacks before it doesn't now - again no difference the only thing this affects is using an instant ability right after using one with a cast time... please think before raging as eventually if you don't the devs will just become like other devs and ignore people with real gripes.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by nocks View Post
    Nope sorry. We don't get support roles, we don't get ranged damage, and we don't get AE damage. We get tanking and single-target damage, and they said they're going to fix your tanking soon.

Oh, and we didn't get the stat changes we needed so we'll be taking your gear, too.
    You can have the POS bard, I didn't roll a rogue to play a lute.

Nope sorry. We don't get support roles, we don't get ranged damage, and we don't get AE damage. We get tanking and single-target damage, and they said they're going to fix your tanking soon.

Oh, and we didn't get the stat changes we needed so we'll be taking your gear, too.
    Tanks can only be DPS and tanks, which means they should be the best at those, except, that means Clerics, Magi and Rogues only have two options and they should be the best at those. So, Clerics should be the best healers, Magi should be the best support, and Rogues should be the best what now? Oh, I guess Rogues get nothing. Warriors have to be the dumbest thing to ever happen to MMOs. If we're going for "Each class should be the best at something" we should have it Warriors are the best at Tanking, Rogues are the best at DPS, Magi at Support and Clerics the best at Healing, but this does not align with Trions stated design philosophy, so really, put your crappy argument to rest. Everyone should be able to be the best at what their class is capable of. How many Warriors would even roll a support class if they had the option? Healing? As it stands, the majority of Warriors are DPS, even though they have the most varied, rounded, and stable tanking souls in game.

In short, get bent.

Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    So, Clerics should be the best healers, Magi should be the best support, and Rogues should be the best what now?
    Utility, which you are.

:D

Can't support unless you're also tanking, which isn't really supporting now is it?

Rogue has access to range damage, AE-specific DPS souls AND single-target melee DPS souls. Only the single-target melee DPS souls from rogue should do comparable damage to Warrior single-target melee DPS souls. The ranged damage specs have their own inherent advantages.

If you thought Trion was going to give you a DPS spec that had...

Better range, better mobility, the best DPS in the game (AE *AND* ST, mind you), and in effect was better than every Mage and Warrior spec in every way.. c'mon. That's not an unrealistic expectation?
    if you wanted to play a support youd have gone mage for archon then right? since archon is the best support. and since you didnt go rogue or mage, i can assume you wouldnt want to play support. so if you dont want to play support, why would you expect everyone else wants to play support? if warriors lost the ability to tank HK, lost 20% of their dps, and in return got a spec that does equally well in level 30 blue gear as it does in hk raid gear, is boring, monotonous, and requires tedious spamming of 5 buttons over and over in order, would you be cool with that? im sure youd jump to play it immediately right?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by tjz1984 View Post
    Read the latest change to munition..they are adding 1sec internal cooldown to munitions........
    rofl, I thought there would be some significant change, then I see you're complaining about a 1 second cooldown. 1 second? GAME BREAKING. Thanks for the chuckle, I'm still laughing as I type this.

obvious nerf is obvious

Devs: Oooo rogues are doing good dps! QUICK NERF IT!

Quote Originally Posted by RagnorIronclad View Post
    rofl, I thought there would be some significant change, then I see you're complaining about a 1 second cooldown. 1 second? GAME BREAKING. Thanks for the chuckle, I'm still laughing as I type this.
    haha ur dumb its only a nerf to something doing 700 dps. No biggeee right?
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 09-27-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    it was OP, youre just proofing it. it got adjusted, deal with it.
    if youre not gonna use deadeye shot or other abilitys because of this, well ...

edit: i think ppl forget that trions caters pvp.
    It was op the first day it came out then it got nerfed. It hasnt been op for weeks. You dont know sh!t dude.

Champion of Telara

Yoma is correct.

EM was incredibly OP when it first got implemented and still is, but he also made a mistake stating that a 14 point ability.

It require 51 MM to really shine since it scales from the spec and with the extra damage from Silver Munitions.

51 MM + Stones +HK Relic Gun +MM Crystal = 1k-1.150+ per EM proc.

Nerf 1: ~800 EM.

Need to wait for them to patch PTS to check how big of a dps loss the EM ICD is compared to now.

The nerfs are logical cause EM was indeed too strong.

Only problem is they need to give the damage somewhere else and balance it out, and stop nerfing EM so much because they dont know what to do to keep the DPS high for the spec in PvE :>
    Last edited by potis; 09-27-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Yoma is correct.

EM was incredibly OP when it first got implemented and still is, but he also made a mistake stating that a 14 point ability.

It require 51 MM to really shine since it scales from the spec and with the extra damage from Silver Munitions.

51 MM + Stones +HK Relic Gun +MM Crystal = 1k-1.150+ per EM proc.

Nerf 1: ~800 EM.

Need to wait for them to patch PTS to check how big of a dps loss the EM ICD is compared to now.

The nerfs are logical cause EM was indeed too strong.

Only problem is they need to give the damage somewhere else and balance it out, and stop nerfing EM so much because they dont know what to do to keep the DPS high for the spec in PvE :>
    Potis is probably the most knowledgeable person in the world when it comes to this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Banned

I do 1.8k dps with my gear and EM only does less then 400 dps and you need to go 51 into MM for it to get that high. If you balance with a hard to get item or set to complete, like a synergy crystal, then you're a total r3tard. EM already does 30-35% less damage then what it did when it was released. If you wana keep b!tching about MM dps then tell Trion to give us back the old Hit and Run. If not, fk off. Rogues have been 2nd best only after the Mage nerf back in 1.3, never the top like they should be.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 09-27-2011 at 11:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4