+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Stop listening to warriors when balancing rogues.

  1. #16
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    I would love to see this S/B warrior that does the same damage as a 2H warrior.

    Hint: Play a class to P8 before you speak like you know the class.

    Hint #2: if you do play warrior, you're doing it wrong. Really wrong.
    I don't say "same" i say 2H is not only possibility as you stated before. I dont play warrior beside R1. My main is rogue R6+ (was cleric R4). So i can say you expirience from other side : build with S/B are pure devastation becasue you cant stop it and it has full capability to kill anything and everything it wish staying alive. A repeat - STAYING ALIVE. No one...well beside Chlorolocs on CD posses such ability.

    And no, i dont expect any nerfage in rogue department even after release of 1.5 until warriors are not tuned down. If TRION can resist argumented cryes about OPness of warriors for monthes - i think rogues are entitled to take participation on this fest too. Tought they are still not OP...just on par with other callings ( clerics :P) Warriors and Mages are still ahead.

  2. #17
    Ascendant Vaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    holy smokes ... The OP's post just fried my irony meter.
    Last edited by Vaine; 09-26-2011 at 01:44 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

  3. #18
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    I don't say "same" i say 2H is not only possibility as you stated before. I dont play warrior beside R1. My main is rogue R6+ (was cleric R4). So i can say you expirience from other side : build with S/B are pure devastation becasue you cant stop it and it has full capability to kill anything and everything it wish staying alive. A repeat - STAYING ALIVE. No one...well beside Chlorolocs on CD posses such ability.

    And no, i dont expect any nerfage in rogue department even after release of 1.5 until warriors are not tuned down. If TRION can resist argumented cryes about OPness of warriors for monthes - i think rogues are entitled to take participation on this fest too. Tought they are still not OP...just on par with other callings ( clerics :P) Warriors and Mages are still ahead.
    Hint #1: Any form of healing makes this "Unstoppable" warrior look like total crap. I'm dead serious, a SnB warrior is incapable of doing enough burst damage to damage through most self-healing classes (Clerics, mages). Versus casters, SnB warrior is screwed: The damage output of the caster is much higher than that of the SnB warrior. An SnB warrior is only useful against a rogue (Pre-1.5...after 1.5, it's just useless) and against a physical damage warrior. Just as it should be. Ever heard of counters?

    Hint #2: Bloodthirsty is getting nerfed. That unstoppable SnB warrior? Not so unstoppable with no self-healing.

    Hint #3: Warriors don't have sustainable self-heals.

    Hint #4: In terms of OPness, as of 1.4, in group PVP it goes: Cleric>Mage>Warrior>Rogue. In 1v1 PVP it goes Mage>Cleric>Warrior>Rogue. After 1.5, it's Cleric>Mage>Rogue>Warrior.

    All I have to say is.....
    L2P

  4. #19
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    494

    Default

    The Op has to be the best example of completely owning himself without intention.

    Rogue players are at the top of the qqing pyramid with noone being near enough to challenge them for miles.

    And you really must have missed the last warrior nerfs (hard to keep track of them all for rogue players I know I know...).

    Also, like someone else mentioned just check the first page of this forum your thread is in, who's threads and complains are dominating there... oh right.

  5. #20
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    Hint #1: Any form of healing makes this "Unstoppable" warrior look like total crap. I'm dead serious, a SnB warrior is incapable of doing enough burst damage to damage through most self-healing classes (Clerics, mages). Versus casters, SnB warrior is screwed: The damage output of the caster is much higher than that of the SnB warrior. An SnB warrior is only useful against a rogue (Pre-1.5...after 1.5, it's just useless) and against a physical damage warrior. Just as it should be. Ever heard of counters?

    Hint #2: Bloodthirsty is getting nerfed. That unstoppable SnB warrior? Not so unstoppable with no self-healing.

    Hint #3: Warriors don't have sustainable self-heals.

    Hint #4: In terms of OPness, as of 1.4, in group PVP it goes: Cleric>Mage>Warrior>Rogue. In 1v1 PVP it goes Mage>Cleric>Warrior>Rogue. After 1.5, it's Cleric>Mage>Rogue>Warrior.

    All I have to say is.....
    L2P
    1. Untill mage is immune to interrupts he already almost dead ( beside Chlorolock ). Are you counting how much do you have as S/B warr?
    2. Bloodthristy wasnt taken in equation becasue this particular warrior survived Burst from 3 DD Classes being uncontrallable.
    3. O'Really? Should i learn to play or you? Learn to desinform properly ;) Someone Mirror and Essences? Paladin throven into build? If you do both - pala + items... warriors becomes indestructioble and still have many power too kill people.

    Since when cleric is more then LW Warrior? ;)
    Since when warrior can't dominate everything but chlorolock...or probably chlorodom with all CDs on?
    Last edited by LaBarbus; 09-26-2011 at 02:10 AM.

  6. #21
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    Tell you what: Devs should stop listening to warriors when balancing rogues when Devs stop listening to every other class when balancing warriors. Sounds good? No?

    Also...:
    1) Wait. Trion listens to warriors? You must have missed us getting nerfed every single patch since the 1.3 lolbuff. Trust me, Trion wouldn't have nerfed us the way they did if they listened to warriors. We would rather have the ICD on oGCD abilities now than have every single physical spec suck. I can count something like 5 nerfs just in 1.4 hotfixes alone.
    2) "Nerfed specs that are no longer viable"? They really are no longer viable. When you have a physical finisher that only hits for 600-800 crit on high-valor targets, something is absurdly wrong with warrior's physical damage. RB is the only truly viable PVP soul for DPS warriors now, based solely on the fact that it's non-physical damage.
    3) RB is not that OP, other than Riftwalk being absurdly useful. But blame yourselves, your own QQ was what brought lolRB on you all. Don't you miss Parachamp?
    4) Rogues were not nerfed. You must be playing 1.4 or something and are just thinking it's the PTS.
    wow... my detonate crits for 400 on high valor targets, and it takes 5 (7ish while energy starved) seconds to set up

  7. #22
    Prophet of Telara Morwath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    1. Untill mage is immune to interrupts he already almost dead ( beside Chlorolock ). Are you counting how much do you have as S/B warr?
    2. Bloodthristy wasnt taken in equation becasue this particular warrior survived Burst from 3 DD Classes being uncontrallable.
    3. O'Really? Should i learn to play or you? Learn to desinform properly ;) Someone Mirror and Essences? Paladin throven into build? If you do both - pala + items... warriors becomes indestructioble and still have many power too kill people.

    Since when cleric is more then LW Warrior? ;)
    Since when warrior can't dominate everything but chlorolock...or probably chlorodom with all CDs on?

    1. Ignoring S&B warriors is the best tactic in group combat if you have healers.
    2. Bloodthirsty on live is problem only cause we got low ranked players with R8 in same WFs.
    3. Mirror and Essences dont proc vs half of classes (you have to block to proc em)... If melees are focusing s&b warrior as their main target they deserve to die.
    4. LW isnt enough to kill R8 healer.

  8. #23
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    1. Untill mage is immune to interrupts he already almost dead ( beside Chlorolock ). Are you counting how much do you have as S/B warr?
    2. Bloodthristy wasnt taken in equation becasue this particular warrior survived Burst from 3 DD Classes being uncontrallable.
    3. O'Really? Should i learn to play or you? Learn to desinform properly ;) Someone Mirror and Essences? Paladin throven into build? If you do both - pala + items... warriors becomes indestructioble and still have many power too kill people.

    Since when cleric is more then LW Warrior? ;)
    Since when warrior can't dominate everything but chlorolock...or probably chlorodom with all CDs on?
    1) Yes. Because warriors have 8 interrupts all with separate CDs. Wait. All our interrupts are on the same CD except for Earth Burst. Woops! At best, you have two, and you can only use both simultaneously every 15 seconds!
    2) Those were some pretty bad DPS then. Like, seriously.
    3) Let's get one thing straight. Arkryon's Mirror and the Faesource line are not an inclusive part of a warrior calling. They are items, and clerics can use them just as well as warriors. Let's get another thing straight. Paladin's one useful self-heal is on a 10 minute cooldown. It's used once in most warfronts. L2Make people waste CDs.

    Clerics can outheal any warrior 1v1 even with LW going, unless you're just plain bad (And assuming equivalent rank).
    Mages can outdamage warriors with 51Lock, can heal through all warrior damage using Chlorolock, and can completely shut down a warrior using Dom/ChloroDom.
    Rogues can stunlock any non-SnB warrior to death (On live! God forbid it's easier to do in 1.5) using stunlocks and Slip Away.
    Warriors....well, it's obvious a warrior v warrior is going to be skill-based.

  9. #24
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    1) Yes. Because warriors have 8 interrupts all with separate CDs. Wait. All our interrupts are on the same CD except for Earth Burst. Woops! At best, you have two, and you can only use both simultaneously every 15 seconds!
    2) Those were some pretty bad DPS then. Like, seriously.
    3) Let's get one thing straight. Arkryon's Mirror and the Faesource line are not an inclusive part of a warrior calling. They are items, and clerics can use them just as well as warriors. Let's get another thing straight. Paladin's one useful self-heal is on a 10 minute cooldown. It's used once in most warfronts. L2Make people waste CDs.

    Clerics can outheal any warrior 1v1 even with LW going, unless you're just plain bad (And assuming equivalent rank).
    Mages can outdamage warriors with 51Lock, can heal through all warrior damage using Chlorolock, and can completely shut down a warrior using Dom/ChloroDom.
    Rogues can stunlock any non-SnB warrior to death (On live! God forbid it's easier to do in 1.5) using stunlocks and Slip Away.
    Warriors....well, it's obvious a warrior v warrior is going to be skill-based.
    ...Rogues can stunlock any non-SnB warrior to death .... It just delivers Thats all what i have to say to yours post - rest of assumtions kinda same quality.

    Up to "Ignore S/B warrior"...Well - I will if i see somewhere in game mechanic that says : "Due you ignore S/B warrior he will do nothing harmfull to you"...Is it implemented? No. Why then this godness with survability and still pretty decent DPS is there?

    L/W + well placed interrupt - enought. Btw. Cleric doing nothing but healing themself.If he starts an offence vs S/B- it's a goodby for him. Basically you claim not that fight is uneven - but you can't kill healing cleric or kinda its hard to do. At the same time you are out of dungerous completely. Isn't it a flawed logic where you say warriors can roll 2 classes (Clerics and rogues) being challanged only by mages in spetial builds...

    Warriors....well, it's obvious a warrior v warrior is going to be skill-based - here I'm agree completely.
    Last edited by LaBarbus; 09-26-2011 at 03:36 AM.

  10. #25
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    ...Rogues can stunlock any non-SnB warrior to death .... It just delivers Thats all what i have to say to yours post - rest of assumtions kinda same quality.

    Up to "Ignore S/B warrior"...Well - I will if i see somewhere in game mechanic that says : "Due you ignore S/B warrior he will do nothing harmfull to you"...Is it implemented? No. Why then this godness with survability and still pretty decent DPS is there?

    L/W + well placed interrupt - enought. Btw. Cleric doing nothing but healing themself.If he starts an offence vs S/B- it's a goodby for him. Basically you claim not that fight is uneven - but you can't kill healing cleric or kinda its hard to do. At the same time you are out of dungerous completely. Isn't it a flawed logic where you say warriors can roll 2 classes (Clerics and rogues) being challanged only by mages in spetial builds...

    Warriors....well, it's obvious a warrior v warrior is going to be skill-based - here I'm agree completely.
    You.....really have no clue how PVP works, do you?

  11. #26
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    You.....really have no clue how PVP works, do you?
    I have to agree with this. As a high ranked cleric a SnB warr is a nuisance at best. A r8 SnB warrior on my group named Slime is probably with Svetogor from NightWatch one of the better SnB warriors i have ran into. He is quite an anoyance and if i am not carefull on detaunt timers for kiting and not fully hoted i can be suprised and kiilled. Bust most SnB warrs i do ignore. L/W + interupt.... Did you wait till you got on 30% to start healing? What happened to your HoTs, what happened to your insta, what hapened to your covenant, breath, detauunt, were you not kitinng...

    People confuse this game based on their own skill and assume thats the base down rule. I tend not to do that so i am giving a personal opinion that for me SnB warrs are not the most dangerus on the list. And if they are not for me maybe there is something you are doing wrong, maybe you are a wrong spec, have wrong timings, dont use consumables (yes that rune gives a 2nd imunity to damage and causes you to be non interuptable, and the seed gives you 600+ hp and a semi decent HoT...

    Play the class to your full potential and try harder, its not always the other class thats op sometimes its just you.

  12. #27
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    100

    Default

    All I have to say is... you guys got trolled.

    Lol.

    Figured I'd have some fun and come back a few hours later and it's at 3 pages of butthurt warriors.
    Last edited by Vilis; 09-26-2011 at 04:09 AM.

  13. #28
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    Deadeye Shots can crit pretty high...and I'd love to hear you say this after the 1.5 patch when rogues are absurd.
    my deadeye shot crits warriors for 600 dmg! pretty high considering they have 7.5k hp!

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  14. #29
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    my deadeye shot crits warriors for 600 dmg! pretty high considering they have 7.5k hp!
    ....You're complaining because you're targeting the one thing that actually mitigates physical damage? Warriors crit for 600-800 with finishers on mages. Note the large difference there.

  15. #30
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirantor View Post
    I have to agree with this. As a high ranked cleric a SnB warr is a nuisance at best. A r8 SnB warrior on my group named Slime is probably with Svetogor from NightWatch one of the better SnB warriors i have ran into. He is quite an anoyance and if i am not carefull on detaunt timers for kiting and not fully hoted i can be suprised and kiilled. Bust most SnB warrs i do ignore. L/W + interupt.... Did you wait till you got on 30% to start healing? What happened to your HoTs, what happened to your insta, what hapened to your covenant, breath, detauunt, were you not kitinng...

    People confuse this game based on their own skill and assume thats the base down rule. I tend not to do that so i am giving a personal opinion that for me SnB warrs are not the most dangerus on the list. And if they are not for me maybe there is something you are doing wrong, maybe you are a wrong spec, have wrong timings, dont use consumables (yes that rune gives a 2nd imunity to damage and causes you to be non interuptable, and the seed gives you 600+ hp and a semi decent HoT...

    Play the class to your full potential and try harder, its not always the other class thats op sometimes its just you.
    not this - but to judge somthing you have to pick mediocore situation. Well 1 vs 4 i described above happens seldom - but as warriors starts to getting all theirs essences/mirror and be R8 geared it becomes more and more usual. It couldnt be that some particular class is more skilled - so, judging on outcome i can say somthing is wrong if i see different warriors ( not 2 but much more ) that do this or other thing that is out of "balance".

    PS. You are saing you play an Cleric. Healing cleric i assume? So if S/B warriors are "nuisance" are you then dangerous for them? Or they just don't engage you becasue outcome will be long fight...and its better to go for someone other? More mediocore then you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts