+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS 1.5 In-Progress Set #3 - 1:00pm PDT 9/24/11

Rift Chaser

People are very shortsighted. Rogue problems are much deeper than whether they are keeping up with the warriors or not. The priority is and should be to get Rogues into something with some internal balance, not a calling with exactly one viable DPS spec that you're expected to play.

After the calling has itself together, then global changes to stat contribution or the like can move the entire Calling up or down in performance compared to others. But that's not what matters right now. Rebuild the Calling into something that offers some play choices first.

Plane Touched

Maybe just maybe the developers are using sabdancers as a base for
    the top dps spec and will eventually nerf all other callings or buff to this standard.
    Don't be surprised if warriors get nerf down to sabdancer's dps.
    Either this Or once they bring all rogues to equal dps of sabdancer they developers will then just add a 20 percent base buff to all rogue abilitys.
    Or nerf all warrior abilities by 20 percent.
    Last edited by Stabsalot; 09-24-2011 at 02:19 PM.

I can see it now, come 3-4weeks down the road. "We are currently Happy with the state of rogues" Then come the nurfs to the ground till your worse off then u are now... It happend to us, and we all see it comming for u guys as well.

Plane Touched

So I did some tests, and I find that sin builds are doing remarkably well... However the same cannot be said for nightblade. While Nightblade has gotten a definite increase, It's still parsing around 200 dps shy of the sin builds I've tried. I believe the cause of this is the reliance on using dusk to dawn for Nightrage buff. 60 energy on a low DPS - Channeled ability that needs to be cast to keep a 1m buff up is just too taxing on DPS.
    Last edited by Kayos; 09-24-2011 at 02:31 PM.

Red error messages flooding:
    Opening char window -> You cannot preview this item.
    Swapping any gear(no matter which slot) when character window is open->You cannot preview this item.

And can we get an option for percentages on focus target bars?
    Last edited by Wake; 09-24-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    lolwut? You put a pack of 6 targets and the sabdancers eat the warriors lunch. Maybe you are doing it wrong, ragehead.
    If you cant beat a Rogue then you're doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    I dont give 2 sh!ts what Warriors hit, they still do more damage even when Rogues can hit 10 with Shrapnel. Clerics do more when they only hit 3 with Soul Drain and 7 with Tyranny. This change doesnt do sh!t.
    Clerics hit up to 12 with soul drain because it bounces to up to 4 additional targets from each of the original 3...if your going to QQ about something you should QQ facts not assumptions.

Soulwalker

ummm....riftstalker changes not going in???

Quote Originally Posted by Phantym View Post
    ummm....riftstalker changes not going in???
    apparently not... god i miss tanking... 4 pieces of hk tanking gear and a relic and i can't tank, makes me cry on the inside
    When reading this post, let it be known, it was meant to be heard in a non-threatening, non-demanding way. Thank you.

~Akylios Down 12/13/11~ ~Akylios Down in 2nd raid group 2/11/2012~

Trion: 1.5 Rogue buff patch!
    Rogues: Yay!
    Trion: We're nerfing Sabdancer!
    Rogues: ORLY!
    Trion: Nope. We listened to your feedback and decided to revert the residual shrapnel changes.
    Rogues: Yay!
    Trion: LOLJK We're nerfing Sabdancer!
    Last edited by Zaros; 09-24-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Pretty much. They took the one build we had that could challenge other call's AE dps, nerfed it so it can not and then brought other souls up to this nerfed level.

I do appreciate that they brought up the ST dps of other rogues but this seems to be 1 step forward with 1 step back.

It also seems quite bizzare in that about a week ago they said they nerfed the AE in error and have now nerfed it MORE than it was before.

Plane Touched

Default New Blade and soul parity is awesome.

I am not a pve'r but just to have an idea i decided to test some parses .
    51 bladedancer 15 sin .average 1250 to 1450 .this is on pvp gear hitting the boss dummy 750 ap 1000k crit.
    i did cycle starting with blade and soul parity then dualism then double coup then blade tempo.

My regular build for pvp is 51 sin 15 inf ( basically loosing everything on 15 inf so can call this pure 51 sin build)
    I was able to sustain around 950 to 1150 dps for a few mins.

I tried 44nightblade 26 sin for sustain 850 dps.(this is basically a survival pvp build so not bad at all)

I think 51 bladedancer dps has improved alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Pretty much. They took the one build we had that could challenge other call's AE dps, nerfed it so it can not and then brought other souls up to this nerfed level.

I do appreciate that they brought up the ST dps of other rogues but this seems to be 1 step forward with 1 step back.

It also seems quite bizzare in that about a week ago they said they nerfed the AE in error and have now nerfed it MORE than it was before.
    Proof Trion has absolutely no clue what they are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Plane Touched

Default AssStalkerman build 1340 dps on boss dummy.

Ok i decided to try 51 sin 10 marks 5 riftstalker for hugh ap buff.
    Basically Poison malice> expose weakness>assassinate>backstab>puncture>savage strike(builders)
    Finishers were Impale and finalblow.I try to maintain as soon as impale was over to recast it.
    The highest i seen finalblow on boss dummy hit for 2900.

Rank 8 pvp gear with 796 ap after Increased fire power kicks in goes to 952.

Definitely a buff to sin.

I am sure there is better pve specs out there but since i only pvp .this is to show you what the extra 15 points do.
    You may be able to get more damage from other builds.

Soulwalker

this is ridiculous crap.....i thought rogues were getting fixed with the patch and instead we're getting nerfed with no tank fixes....can you just forget rogue fixes if this is ur fix and leave them out of 1.5......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast