Closed Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Focus Discussion - Additional Proposed Changes to Rogues

Silver Tip Munitions: Is no longer considered a curse, now stacks to 20
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you consider making the stacking abit faster so its more viable PvP wise too?
    Maybe giving the current bonus of what 20 stacks give at 10 stacks?
    Adding 20 stacks will take a very long time making it not so viable in PvP environment
    By the time i have shot the target 20 times it will have ended with me dead or him.

Also consider seeing its a 51 point skill to just give it a 20% bonus straight away.
    Much like warriors have Avatar of the rift as a buff that increases there burst damage

Thank you Elrar
    Last edited by Intoxication; 09-23-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Banned

Living Flame, the 51 pt Nightblade ability is too weak for a 1 min cooldown. Either change it to 20-30 seconds or double its damage cause what its doing right now isnt worth a 51 point build.

Also as a general comment, Trion should take a look at all 51 and 31 point skills and make sure they are being used and/or are useful to warrant a build to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmaster35 View Post
    As long as it doesnt have a range limitation it is a very good start so riftstalkers can at least get riftguard up ahead of time and then build a point or two for guarded steel... It doesnt fix the issue of still taking too much damage throughout the rest of the fight, but it helps a ton at the start so is a good start.
    That's my question. What's the range limitation?

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #34

Rift Disturbance is still a point-blank AOE. The requirement for a target is so that the ability can now grant you a combo point.

Hey everyone,

We certainly appreciate everyone's feedback. We would like to remind everyone that we will be removing any post that is not directly related to these specific changes. Please see the section of Elrar's post for more details.

For this discussion we’re going to be focusing on keeping all posts on topic – we ask that you only post in reference to rogues as they are on PTS when taking these changes into account. Discussions that are off topic will be moderated – there are plenty of other threads where you can share those thoughts, thanks for your cooperation!
    Thank you!

- The RIFT Moderation Team.
    Please be sure to follow the Code of Conduct at all times when using these forums.
    Please feel free to contact the Rift Community Team at community@riftgame.com if you have any questions or concerns about this message or its contents.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmaster35 View Post
    As long as it doesnt have a range limitation it is a very good start so riftstalkers can at least get riftguard up ahead of time and then build a point or two for guarded steel... It doesnt fix the issue of still taking too much damage throughout the rest of the fight, but it helps a ton at the start so is a good start.

Almost makes me want to renew.. almost
    That cant happen cause Rogues dont build points like Warriors do.

Personally I don't think we need a combo point for Rift Disturbance, most of us macro it with Twin Strike, which is also getting boosted so we can get combo points from that. I like the idea of not requiring a target when I hit RD, especially on fights where I need instant threat. The adds on Herald is a good example, yes I could target the stone thing that appears first but there are other encounters where mobs appear and the instant aoe without requiring a target is just faster pickup. Also yes, I know one could argue Planar Vortex solves this, but I think the threat from PV is pretty low when other people are AoE or massive healing.

Just my 2 cents.
    Kryptyx - Guildless ;( - Raidcruit me!
    Riftstalker BIS Spreadsheet

The objective should be to leave saboteur alone and to bring UP other souls to be equal and even better in single target. I don't believe any other soul should do greater aoe damage. The sentiment for quite some time now has been that saboteur is our aoe soul. As we are not doing significantly more or less aoe damage than other callings I don't feel like it is right to reduce the aoe capacity of rogues.
    Last edited by Jakranka; 09-23-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptyx View Post
    Personally I don't think we need a combo point for Rift Disturbance, most of us macro it with Twin Strike, which is also getting boosted so we can get combo points from that. I like the idea of not requiring a target when I hit RD, especially on fights where I need instant threat. The adds on Herald is a good example, yes I could target the stone thing that appears first but there are other encounters where mobs appear and the instant aoe without requiring a target is just faster pickup. Also yes, I know one could argue Planar Vortex solves this, but I think the threat from PV is pretty low when other people are AoE or massive healing.

Just my 2 cents.
    I'm not quite sure where you could go wrong having RD grant a combo point in a AoE rotation. I think it was a good add.

I would also agree with having Concussive blast on a zero CD timer. Good skill, way too long of CD.

Fiery spike does need something done to it, higher timer, scaling with AP or other buffs, more stacks, Something.

I guess I'm the only one who likes the aoe sab mini-nerf?

You guys are definitely heading in the right direction though with the proposed changes. Can't wait for more feedback and changes.

/looks @ watch...

I feel sorry for your guys time crunch though. >.<
    Last edited by Zaijiko; 09-23-2011 at 06:01 PM.
    Zaijiko - Sunrest - Rogue - Defiant
    PR8 - Fully geared
    PvE - BiS Pre-HK 1/10

Rift Chaser

What is "increased effectiveness" with regards to Double Coup? I've always thought this was sort of the ugly duckling of Blade Dancer cooldowns. I'd almost rather see this reversed -- Keen Strike buffing the crit chance of the next Precision or Quick Strike.
    Last edited by Jakranka; 09-23-2011 at 06:08 PM.

If twin strike has added targets to its hits, I will tell you now I would rather Deadly Dance + Twin Strike than use compound attack as a finisher. I still don't see this being a reliable AoE finisher if it stays in its current state. Heck now you can even add Rift Disturbance to your DD+TS rotation now that it grants a combo point. With its reduced threat and double hit on all targets + all the new AP bonuses, I'm sure it'll pack a nice punch.
    Last edited by Jakranka; 09-23-2011 at 06:14 PM.
    Zaijiko - Sunrest - Rogue - Defiant
    PR8 - Fully geared
    PvE - BiS Pre-HK 1/10

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey everyone,

Thanks again for your continued feedback - below you’ll find the next round of proposed changes for Rogues, these are not yet on PTS. Overall we’d like to increase damage slightly in the backend of a number of trees. For the most part all of the changes below are pure buffs and, as always, are subject to change so please continue to share your thoughts.

The changes below also don’t include any tanking changes for the Riftstalker however we will be addressing a number of their tanking issues very early in the 1.5 patch cycle i.e. well before 1.6.

For this discussion we’re going to be focusing on keeping all posts on topic – we ask that you only post in reference to rogues as they are on PTS when taking these changes into account. Discussions that are off topic will be moderated – there are plenty of other threads where you can share those thoughts, thanks for your cooperation!

Saboteur
    With the updates to all souls in 1.5, Rogues should no longer feel dependent on Saboteur for AOE damage. Changes to High Explosives and Residual Shrapnel have been discussed previously but we feel now is the time to make them in tandem with the following buffs to other souls. Saboteurs should now achieve competitive single target and AOE damage without using the same rotation for both.
    • High Explosive: Lowered the critical strike damage bonus
    • Residual Shrapnel: Lowered the benefit to Shrapnel Charge. The bonus to Blast Charge has not been changed
    Nightblade
    • Nightstalker: Now gives bonuses for targets above 30% health (These will not be the same bonus as targets below 30% health)
    • Weapon Flare: Now requires a target selected, awards a combo point
    • Fiery Chains: Increased the number of targets hit, now has a chance to award a combo point for each target hit
    Assassin
    • Impale: Damage slightly increased, should now be more comfortable in a Final Blow/Impale rotation
    • Physical Trauma: Increased the bonus to Final Blow
    Bladedancer
    • Double Coup: Increased the effectiveness
    • Blade and Soul Parity: Now grants critical strike bonus damage
    • Twin Strike: Now hits additional targets
    • Compound Attack: Now hits additional targets
    Marksman
    • Silver Tip Munitions: Is no longer considered a curse, now stacks to 20
    • Fan Out, Crossfire, Lightning Fury: Now hits additional targets
    • Collateral Damage: Now increases all AOE damage for Ranged Weapons, no longer applies its old bonus
    Ranger
    • Master Huntsman: Blood Raptor now receives more of a bonus from Master Huntsman
    • Rain of Arrows: Cooldown reduced to 6 seconds
    Riftstalker
    • Rift Disturbance: Now requires a target, now awards a combo point
    <---I'm happy. NB and Ranger should be more fun now, they are my favorite specs so I am happy. Can't wait to test sin and bd changes too, just wish impale had a longer duration like before, but more dmg should make up for it!
    Last edited by Walsingham; 09-23-2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: non constructive
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

How many more targets would Twin Strike be hitting?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey everyone,

Riftstalker
    • Rift Disturbance: Now requires a target, now awards a combo point

This is BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT for RS tanks if I understand it correctly as a RS tank can generate CP's before the pull to be able to to initiate a finisher/damage shield on pull.

This fixes about 40% of Riftstalker playstyle issues, and most of the rest of it is addressed by the large pack threat changes already in.

The only thing remaining would be high end mitigation (which doesn't impact the majority of folks tanking with riftstalker in T1/2 5 mans, etc).

NICE!
    Sunrest is the bestest!
    Hercol

Rift Chaser

I'll try it this way -- were number of affected targets for Twin Strike/Compound Attack considered the only missing details for sufficiently improved Blade Dancer AOE capability, and were any other changes for achieving that goal evaluated? I do appreciate the earlier change eliminating the reduced damage to additional targets of Compound Attack -- is that retained for the new version as well?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast