+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How about greater essences trion?

Default How about greater essences trion?

When will you make them really beneficial? I know people would say just use lesser essences but that's beside the point isn't it? Why make greater slots then. Will this issue be ever addressed or shall we just forget about it. I like seeing other stuff proc etc but people say i'm gimping myself if i use them at all.

Shadowlander

There is a greater that is worth using. Sadly it's Guardian only and it's from a quest. Still want to know why Defiants can't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Evixy of SWE View Post
    There is a greater that is worth using. Sadly it's Guardian only and it's from a quest. Still want to know why Defiants can't get it
    I will trade you posion for my essence most guardian rogues don't use it. It might be more worth it in 1.5 with the changes to skills and AP.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Shield of Telara

Which one? I'll trade you whatever it is for the invisibility trinket that is defiant only.

Thanks
    Last edited by StrifeV; 09-20-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    Snuggles - R40 Rogue : Snugglybear - R36 Mage
    <The Purge> - Seastone Server

Rift Chaser

The BiS greater for all classes, and sadly most Guardians get rid of it because they're unable to macro it so that it removes the buff before they mount. =(

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeV View Post
    Which one? I'll trade you whatever it is for the invisibility trinket that is defiant only.

Thanks
    Defiant trinket, only useful in PVP, mainly for rogues

Guardian Greater Planar, useful for all non-tank rolls, works in both PVE and PVP

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Falsedemise View Post
    The BiS greater for all classes, and sadly most Guardians get rid of it because they're unable to macro it so that it removes the buff before they mount. =(
    ...which has been reported forever and which still hasn't been fixed. /sigh

It is pretty sad that the BIS greater essence for almost everyone is from a quest you can do solo at lvl 40 or so.

It is pretty sad that for many builds/callings, it's recommended to just use lessers in your greater slots.

Shadowlander

Just make the greater essences have the same stats as lesser essences with the greater ability tacked on. Problem solved.

If there are some greaters which are used for both melee and casting roles, throw some endurance and resistances on it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nadili View Post
    I will trade you posion for my essence most guardian rogues don't use it. It might be more worth it in 1.5 with the changes to skills and AP.
    Gloamsilk Poison was good until SO got nerfed. Now its just an expensive moneydump and the vendor is hardly ever there

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgaard View Post
    Just make the greater essences have the same stats as lesser essences with the greater ability tacked on. Problem solved.
    Could work unless it gets too OP

I have a feeling Trion is working on getting new ones in the game in a while and adding synergy crystal-like effects to them when the next tier of essences come out (1.6 I think/hope lol). They won't just leave a potentially interesting aspect of the game aside, they always seem to like updating older content so it is never completely redundant.

Shadowlander

Not sure why you can put lesser essences in greater slots. They should make it so you can only place greater essences in the greater slots. This would make the greater essences more useful.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Joobies View Post
    Not sure why you can put lesser essences in greater slots. They should make it so you can only place greater essences in the greater slots. This would make the greater essences more useful.
    Are you suggesting that Trion nerf everyone by forcing them to use inferior essences?

Quote Originally Posted by Prokofiova View Post
    Are you suggesting that Trion nerf everyone by forcing them to use inferior essences?
    Yup, looks like it. Not a fancy answer, but it's an answer.

I like the idea of taking stats on the greaters. People would use them then to be sure. I only use one, and it's in the hope that Trion will eventually buff it and then I won't have to go hunt it again. Mortuous Shadeshard, from Death RR's. I'd throw the Sabo-Frag Bomb one in too for fun but it's so beyond not using that I don't even want to buy the thing.

Since at least one person didn't know what they were, this is what Guardians get:I dumped mine, but only because I loathe the idea of turning into a skeleton. My character has a touch of RP in him.
    Epic Gendo

Plane Touched

those greater essences are such a pain in the butt.
    It's like a constant annoyance for a nice stat boost, cursed item ftw i spose =p

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast