+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Hardcore PvE Point of View

Default Hardcore PvE Point of View

So before I get started, lets get this out of the way.

Trolls, back under your bridges!

For those of you that are already typing QQ Moar and hitting Quick Reply, I applaud you calling me out but I am going admit here that this can be considered a QQ Thread.

Now that I have that out of the way, down to business.

PvP Gear VS PvE Gear

Being part of high-end PvE, and having been there since before 1.3, I am slowly becoming frustrated with the choices that the devs are making. I am one of the people that DOES NOT believe rift is dieing, on the contrary I am very happy with most of the facets of rift and the direction the game is going, my gripe is with itemization. At no point, should a person in r8 PvP gear be able to go into Hammerknell and be BiS pre-HK Set, and pull absurd numbers on bosses, and vice versa, a person in full HK gear should not be able to go into PvP and survive, wait, that is already the case.

My point here is simply difficulty versus reward. The time and difficulty spent getting R8 gear is nowhere near the time and difficulty spent getting HK gear. It should not be on par with that equipment (If you are going to respond to this aruging incredibly small margins of stats save your breath). High-End PvE guilds should NOT need to make r8 PvP gear a raiding requirement until you have your full HK set. This is more or less the reason I stopped playing WoW, the lack of difference between Casual people with Badge Gear and the Raiders was incredibly irritating...that is about what is happening here with PvP gear. Someone that has not stepped foot in Hammer Knell can pull 2800+ DPS single target if they have 320 hit and r8 pvp gear.

As far as a solution, I honestly don't care what the devs do, it just needs to be fixed. And yes, for all you haters that say just grind out your R8 etc etc, that is NOT the point. And honestly, the PvP in rift is less than compelling. Maybe WAR ruined me, I don't know, but PvPing in rift is probably one of the least enjoyable things, for me personally. I know quite a few people that are happy queuing all weekend for escalated war fronts, but I am not one of them.

Itemization

I am really becoming very irritated with the "We are doing this to make plate more desirable: <Insert Pithy Patch Change Here>" from the devs. And this last stat change was what really got me. Again, being part of high-end PvE progression, I cannot afford to be reactive when changes like this are announced. When the stat changes went to the PTS, I began fixing my sigils and gear to be strength heavy versus dex, and after a few weeks, and JUST having finished switching my equipment, the devs pull the changes.

If you are going to announce something like this Trion, think about the impact, please. Stop throwing statements around. Obviously this does not affect many people at all, but when you put out new raid content that is difficult and you are gating it with gear checks, you are not releasing it for the casual player to be challenged by, you are releasing it with the top guilds in the world in mind, think about that when you start changing gear.

Again, I apologize for the QQ, I just need to get this out of my system
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=772798&dateline=13612  32521

Also, I realized I did NOT put my reason for posting this in the PTS forums, and, to clarify, I put this here because I WANT the devs to see this, this is something that should be addressed with PTS changes and has to do with changes they have recently made.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=772798&dateline=13612  32521

Plane Touched

PvP vs PvE gear:

entire concept of so huge difference between high end PvP gear and high end PvE gear is IMHO extremely stupid. Why making 2 different games? Blizzard made stupid choice to solve raider destroying PvP-ers in PvP issue by implementing Resilience and Trion just copied their solution.

IMHO
    - PvE gear of same tier as PvP gear should be better in PvE
    - PvP gear of same tier as PvE gear should be better in PvP

but

differences shouldn't be so big, it should be just to give edge with same skilled people.
    But Valor on PvP gear and Hit/Focus on PvE gear are things that make this huge separation. You can bypass to some level Hit/Focus and use PvP gear but still it require PvE to get those trinkets/rings etc.

Itemization:

announcing that huge change and than reverting it back to as it is in live is dumbest decision in history of dumb decision Trion made. Almost everybody agree that changes need to be done, changes are done and put in test (though IMHO for warriors it wasn't best allocation) and just because people started to QQ because their previous choice of gear is no longer BiS (warriors in leather) Trion just give up on changes.
    Dumb, dumb, dumb.

And OP as stated is HC raider you should really be aware that many design decisions are not going to go your way and you will not like them.
    Catering HC people in subscription based MMO is no longer good business decision. Competition is simply to strong on market (and soon "strong" titles are coming) and any developers who want to have sucessfull subscription based MMO must cater majority of subscribers and make them happy.
    And majority of MMO players aren't HC so who want to have good business model have to cater majority and not minority.
    You may not like it but that is how it goes. Every publisher want to make profit and that is only possible by making majority of customers happy.
    Last edited by Maauro; 09-20-2011 at 02:40 AM.

Telaran

thing is though, to get R8 gear you just need to put in time, not effort. heck, enough people botted or exploited their way to R8. downing raid content requires more than just being there and wiping. having PvP top gear a bit shy of PvE top gear is a bit flawed.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by RagingT View Post
    thing is though, to get R8 gear you just need to put in time, not effort.
    And this is different from raids how? Most people who raid are just "putting in time" aswell. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    And this is different from raids how? Most people who raid are just "putting in time" aswell. Nothing else.
    Not NEARLY as much time as the PvE players, AND, not NEARLY as much effort.

Maauro - You can actually use full pvp armor outside of helm/gloves and not miss any hit at all being that those are the only armor with hit, weps can have a massive hit loss at times so its a toss up

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticnova View Post
    Maauro - You can actually use full pvp armor outside of helm/gloves and not miss any hit at all being that those are the only armor with hit, weps can have a massive hit loss at times so its a toss up
    Full R8 with pve Helm / Gloves, hit enchants, and GP / DH rings = 320+ hit. That is not even talking about +hit talents.

Rift Disciple

Bis ATM 4 everyclass is
    Raid t1 helm/hk if dropped
    R8 shoulders/hk if dropped
    R8 armor/hk if dropped
    T1 raid gloves/hk if dropped
    R8 belt/hk if dropped
    R8 pants/hk if dropped
    R8 boots/hk if dropped

Doesnt there seems to be some connection
    Good idea to fix thus all is take all ap on pvp items And change them into vengeance so ill have an major ap loose if u use em in pve(only solution ATM )

PVP gear should be for PVP only!! The same goes for PVE gear. Its not fair to people who work hard for there gear to have outsiders come in and do well with the wrong gear!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksal View Post
    PVP gear should be for PVP only!! The same goes for PVE gear. Its not fair to people who work hard for there gear to have outsiders come in and do well with the wrong gear!!
    will never work. to never get dodged by a rogue you need 275+ hit minimum, to never be blocked by a warrior you need 400 hit, you cannot reach these numbers without pve gear and that is optimum for PVP usage...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bulwif View Post
    Not NEARLY as much time as the PvE players, AND, not NEARLY as much effort.
    Please, the only people who spend A LOT of time and put in A LOT of effort are the serverwide top guilds, who actually learn the encounters themselves. All others are just getting the tactics from a walkthru site or video. Then when they know they got enough DPS, and/or the right combination of people, they can just faceroll the encounter with the walkthru.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksal View Post
    Both PvPers and PvEers work hard for their gear, so why should they not be able to be a part of the whole game?

Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    Please, the only people who spend A LOT of time and put in A LOT of effort are the serverwide top guilds, who actually learn the encounters themselves. All others are just getting the tactics from a walkthru site or video. Then when they know they got enough DPS, and/or the right combination of people, they can just faceroll the encounter with the walkthru.
    The encounters in Hammerknell, with or without a walk through are not faceroll, well, most of them aren't. I see your point though, and you are right. As I said at the top of this post not many people will agree with me. I just find the fact the BiS PvP gear for the hardest PvE content in the game is absurd and needs to be fixed.

Rift Disciple

You can be bought by yours giuld as fresh 50lvl and be outfitted in..heck even hammerknell with 3 runs. It netts probably 300-400p but its completely possibly. At other side you have to stay in pvp and be fodder cannon for monthes before you can approach R8.

So WHO PUT MORE EFFORT AND TIME IN?!

Same gears schould be obtainable solo and in group setup. Easy as it. If someone is assotial and want have better items he schouldnt pay hi guilds for "ability to be there" and can aswell do it by them self.
    Groups/Raids schoudl be fun factor and not mandatory and content cancelling factor.

Discuss.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast