+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 244
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Hardcore PvE Point of View

  1. #31
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwif View Post
    Because it is too easy to get pvp gear for how good it is O_O
    Yes, but I already covered it. So isn't it better to fix how PvP gear is aquired than nerfing how it works in PvE.

    Making a rift between the pvp and pve gears only creates a rift between the pvp and pve players, and this is a bad thing. It's alot better just to try to balance how the different gear is aquired instead.

  2. #32
    Rift Disciple Bulwif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirantor View Post

    But at this day and age no sensible develepor will listen to some HC ellitis BS because you are a minority and you are not really important. The more people have fun the beter for them. If pvp gear becomes out of sight better than devs will fix it like the fixed the trinket and sinergy, but when its equal at best... who cares.

    Grow up man... grow up
    Some hardcore elitist bs? And I need to grow up? Look at all of you getting your backs up and all I did was mention a non-aggressive point of view. Kirantor, maybe YOU need to grow up, you are the one attacking me instead of sticking the constructive point of view / idea your post began with.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=772798&dateline=13612  32521

  3. #33
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwif View Post
    Because it is too easy to get pvp gear for how good it is O_O
    Also, how does this really matter to you? If you think it's easier, why not just get the gear that way? Or wait and get it via HK if that is your prefered method. It's not that the game breaks depending on if you get the PvP gear or not. HK can obviously be completed just fine without it.

    Or are you talking about pure ENVY here? That someone else got something faster than you?

    If so, I'm just gonna drop this argument right away, because envy is a really really BAD way of trying to balance things.

  4. #34
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwif View Post
    No, I am saying BiS PvE gear should come from PvE, and if you read above, I mentioned how it is pretty bad that PvE guilds are requiring their Raiders have R8 PvP to do Hammer Knell unless they have HK gear for all their slots. Think about that while you rage about something you don't understand. Reading comprehension is key sir.
    Well, the GAME does not require raiders to get R8 PbP to do Hammerknell, you can do HK with normal raidprogression just fine.

    There will always be guilds with people leading who have strange ideas, that is not really the games fault.

  5. #35
    Rift Disciple Bulwif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    Also, how does this really matter to you? If you think it's easier, why not just get the gear that way? Or wait and get it via HK if that is your prefered method. It's not that the game breaks depending on if you get the PvP gear or not. HK can obviously be completed just fine without it.

    Or are you talking about pure ENVY here? That someone else got something faster than you?

    If so, I'm just gonna drop this argument right away, because envy is a really really BAD way of trying to balance things.
    LOL yes this is envy. I made this post simply b/c I was not the first person with R8 equipment!! Rage!!!

    No this is about a general context, not me personally, the topic is called a Hardcore PvE Point of View. Not "Rage b/c I think this is stupid and I didnt have the hammer first zomg!" - Ignorance is bliss and you people are incredibly happy it seems. Except for that one guy that keeps nerd raging because he has no idea what i am trying to say
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=772798&dateline=13612  32521

  6. #36
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwif View Post
    Some hardcore elitist bs? And I need to grow up? Look at all of you getting your backs up and all I did was mention a non-aggressive point of view. Kirantor, maybe YOU need to grow up, you are the one attacking me instead of sticking the constructive point of view / idea your post began with.
    Well ok ill roll with it, you say that the gear should not be as good, ill say why not, youll say cause its to easy to obtain, ill say its not. Grinding to r8 takes months if you play casually same as grinding hk gear.

    If you play both HC meaning you can pvp every day for 4 hours, well you can do HK every day for 4 hours. And if you already are than you already have most HK gear and that is BiS anyway...

    So is all this a moo point?

  7. #37
    Shield of Telara Aastarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    Ok . ~Real game circumstances - not in content tailored espetially for mediocore geared but well synchronized collection of 20 people.

    I'm raging because you are claiming that RAIDing should be only source of BiS quality items. And you are trying to protect it by time and skill being required. I told you - that for time invested and skill required RAIDS are by far more rewarding then PvP or any other activity in RIFT. This situation is wrong. RADIng is only part of content and should be NOT only one source of BiS quality items. There still PvP, Events, Small Groups and Solo. All of them should have chalanging content and provide all possible rewards from mediocore ( like a trash drops in RAID instances) up to BiS quality items. There could be deviations, random Procs or enchantments that schould be earned by other gameplay then item... But it should be there to keep paying base of this game in. Im pretty sure it will come as long as situation advance itself.
    Recently this seems to be your own little personal crusade so I'll bite ... why do you need BIS if you won't be doing the content that requires it?
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

  8. #38
    Rift Disciple Bulwif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirantor View Post
    So is all this a moo point?
    No, it isn't. The problem still exists, and as far as months of grinding to get R8, if you were R6 before 1.4, it certainly was not Months. Actually is was quite quick.

    But again you are missing the point, PvE is seperate from PvP. The PvP gear should NOT be BiS for PvE raid progression. Unless someone killed Akylios this morning HK still is not fully cleared, yet people have had full R8 since early August.

    Do you see my point now? The gear level is far too high for how easily it is obtained.


    Also, we are getting really derailed here, what about the Itemization problems? I feel like this thread is now full of PvPers that are hating :P
    Last edited by Bulwif; 09-20-2011 at 06:04 AM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=772798&dateline=13612  32521

  9. #39
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwif View Post
    LOL yes this is envy. I made this post simply b/c I was not the first person with R8 equipment!! Rage!!!

    No this is about a general context, not me personally, the topic is called a Hardcore PvE Point of View. Not "Rage b/c I think this is stupid and I didnt have the hammer first zomg!" - Ignorance is bliss and you people are incredibly happy it seems. Except for that one guy that keeps nerd raging because he has no idea what i am trying to say
    Well, since you seem to be pro nefring PvP equipment stats instead of balance how it's gotten, it feels more like an act of envy than wanting to balance things.

  10. #40
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    I got what you have to say...Just probably with deeper understanding of it than you by yourself. What means "easy" and "hard" in your terms? Who have to judge are awards deserved by effort or not? Neither you or me! But to justify harm was spreaded of yours words i have to state my own...oppositionary to yours opinion.

    And this post about ENVY was good Probably too good to be agree with if.Isn't it Bulwif? ;)

    I have an Idea! ( bright one - you know) how about to calm down and discuss pros and contras of RAID only items that are best in every situation in game. Or wide accesable itemisation based on effort and awarding not for being good at pvp or pve particularry but for taking challange and winning it?

  11. #41
    Rift Disciple Bulwif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    Well, since you seem to be pro nefring PvP equipment stats instead of balance how it's gotten, it feels more like an act of envy than wanting to balance things.
    I'm pro nerfing PvP gear in PvE, and PvE gear for PvP. Or if they just made the PvP gear harder to obtain I would fine with that too. I don't really care how it gets fixed, or did you not read that part of the OP?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=772798&dateline=13612  32521

  12. #42
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aastarius View Post
    Recently this seems to be your own little personal crusade so I'll bite ... why do you need BIS if you won't be doing the content that requires it?
    I want prepary me for future challanges even if atm i dont RAID Is it bed trying to be prepared?

  13. #43
    RIFT Guide Writer rantology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    720

    Default

    The real problem for me is not the pvp gear itemization, but the fact that there is no requirement but time for it. Rift needs something more than just a grind to get it, they need a rating system (arena?). It's harder to get HK gear because HK is a harder instance than RoS/GSB. R8 gear should take a bit more skill than R6 gear, but instead of adding a ladder system they simply put in a longer grind. I really hope they don't make the same mistake with rank 9 or whatever they decide to do next.

    Really imo the most OP thing about r8 gear is the HP difference, 800-1k extra HP is so huge for learning encounters. But it is not BiS. The only reason you see people wearing r8 in HK atm is because of the raid token system and how gated it is. While it's more overall loot than the old drop system, it takes a lot of time to get 4-piece and that is why people are using r8. I personally will be switching from r8 gear to 4 piece HK tier gear as soon as I can get my hands on 4 piece but it goes so slow that won't be for another 2 weeks at best.

    But then, HK itemization is godawful and it would help if they reviewed it, making the non-tier armor pieces more attractive would help close the r8 gap for guilds that cannot farm large amounts of HK bosses every week.
    afk tera.

  14. #44
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aastarius View Post
    Recently this seems to be your own little personal crusade so I'll bite ... why do you need BIS if you won't be doing the content that requires it?
    No one needs BIS, just as raiders don't need R8 to raid HK, but it's good to have depending on what you want to do. And just because you didn't want to raid do not mean that you will not want to raid in the future? Or that someone wants to join pickup raids now and then, but rarely?

    But in the end, the question really is, why does it matter to you? How does someone else getting the same gear as you have hinder your way to enjoy the game? Envy again?!?
    Last edited by Luterin; 09-20-2011 at 06:11 AM.

  15. #45
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwif View Post
    I'm pro nerfing PvP gear in PvE, and PvE gear for PvP. Or if they just made the PvP gear harder to obtain I would fine with that too. I don't really care how it gets fixed, or did you not read that part of the OP?
    I liked it because its pure ENVY ;)

    There 2 versions of it:
    1. I shall get better possible items ASAP.
    2. No one should get items like I have or plan to have (with same effort). <- Probably yours choice ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts