+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Hardcore PvE Point of View

Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    You can be bought by yours giuld as fresh 50lvl and be outfitted in..heck even hammerknell with 3 runs. It netts probably 300-400p but its completely possibly. At other side you have to stay in pvp and be fodder cannon for monthes before you can approach R8.

So WHO PUT MORE EFFORT AND TIME IN?!

Same gears schould be obtainable solo and in group setup. Easy as it. If someone is assotial and want have better items he schouldnt pay hi guilds for "ability to be there" and can aswell do it by them self.
    Groups/Raids schoudl be fun factor and not mandatory and content cancelling factor.

Discuss.
    Considering Ive been raiding every week since it went live Id say I have spent more time for less gear in HK then you have going from R6 to R8, by a rather large amount. Also, how about all those months I raided GSB and RoS?

If you look at it realistically, there is NO lock out timer on PvP, you do NOT need a 20-man raid for PvP, and you can PvP solo whenever you want. It does not require near the commitment that PvE progression does. Therefor the gear should not be nearly as good as it is for PvE
    Last edited by Bulwif; 09-20-2011 at 04:58 AM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=772798&dateline=13612  32521

[QUOTE=Bulwif;3157924 When the stat changes went to the PTS, I began fixing my sigils and gear to be strength heavy versus dex, and after a few weeks, and JUST having finished switching my equipment, the devs pull the changes.

[/QUOTE]

I just want to say you had no reason to change your stats until the changes were final, hence why they are on the PTS and testing. If your a hardcore raider you should of known this. Sorry and yes im 9/10 in Hk also so i definitely see how not being p8 is troubling but you have to look at it from the perspective of a balance issue where people in raid gear would inherently have better gear for pvp since most rogue/warriors dmg comes from their weapons.

And to say O i play more than the other person my gear should always be better seems kinda like a ***** play from a hardcorer such as yourself. What does it matter if the guy next to you has good gear, wouldnt your play level still trump him in equivalent gear? In our guild we have a mage thats not p8 that outdps all our other mages and he trolls them the entire raid its pretty funny. *Cheers* Odas of Vantage

Quote Originally Posted by fineaid View Post
    I just want to say you had no reason to change your stats until the changes were final, hence why they are on the PTS and testing. If your a hardcore raider you should of known this. Sorry and yes im 9/10 in Hk also so i definitely see how not being p8 is troubling but you have to look at it from the perspective of a balance issue where people in raid gear would inherently have better gear for pvp since most rogue/warriors dmg comes from their weapons.

And to say O i play more than the other person my gear should always be better seems kinda like a ***** play from a hardcorer such as yourself. What does it matter if the guy next to you has good gear, wouldnt your play level still trump him in equivalent gear? In our guild we have a mage thats not p8 that outdps all our other mages and he trolls them the entire raid its pretty funny. *Cheers* Odas of Vantage

I am not saying because I personally play more I should have better gear, please re-read my post. It is time spent vs reward earned. And yes, I play better than someone that pvped their way to hk ready gear sets and try to raid, without a question, that is not the issue I am talking about. Again, please re-read my post.
    Last edited by Bulwif; 09-20-2011 at 05:15 AM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=772798&dateline=13612  32521

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksal View Post
    PVP gear should be for PVP only!! The same goes for PVE gear. Its not fair to people who work hard for there gear to have outsiders come in and do well with the wrong gear!!
    THE way to solve this is make all attackpower on pvp gear vengeance and maybe make crit pvponly also something like(luck for critrate?)

Quote Originally Posted by SinofDreams View Post
    THE way to solve this is make all attackpower on pvp gear vengeance and maybe make crit pvponly also something like(luck for critrate?)
    That is a terrible idea. Make PvE dps luck based? Lol...

Vengeance is a good idea, and if anything PvE weapons should have a nerf when you enter pvp, and everything would be balanced. The PvE weapon damage is the only thing people with full HK gear would have over people in full R8 in a pvp scenario.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bulwif View Post
    Considering Ive been raiding every week since it went live Id say I have spent more time for less gear in HK then you have going from R6 to R8, by a rather large amount. Also, how about all those months I raided GSB and RoS?

If you look at it realistically, there is NO lock out timer on PvP, you do NOT need a 20-man raid for PvP, and you can PvP solo whenever you want. It does not require near the commitment that PvE progression does. Therefor the gear should not be nearly as good as it is for PvE
    As usually you point that time you are waiting out of dungeon becasue of lockout as "hard work and time spend on" due you are chatting or doing other things not in game. At the same time constantly participyting in pvp is "much more easy"?! Spoken by truly PvEer with elitism attenuation...

My point is 20 man RAId is collection of 20 people who are there to get "fat l33t". And wenn its not there they got upset. After they got it - no one in whole world should deserve to get approxymately as good geared as they ( and it doesnt matter for them how hard it was for other people to get same lvl loot ).

Put one RAIDer in real world circumstances in hard solo or due dungeon - they will loose miserable. And they claim still that bein able push 3 buttons on "Raid warning : DPS!DPS!FFS!DPS!" quick is skill...well it depends

As usually you point that time you are waiting out of dungeon becasue of lockout as "hard work and time spend on" due you are chatting or doing other things not in game. At the same time constantly participyting in pvp is "much more easy"?! Spoken by truly PvEer with elitism attenuation...

My point is 20 man RAId is collection of 20 people who are there to get "fat l33t". And wenn its not there they got upset. After they got it - no one in whole world should deserve to get approxymately as good geared as they ( and it doesnt matter for them how hard it was for other people to get same lvl loot ).

Put one RAIDer in real world circumstances in hard solo or due dungeon - they will loose miserable. And they claim still that bein able push 3 buttons on "Raid warning : DPS!DPS!FFS!DPS!" quick is skill...well it depends
    No, I pointed out the lock out timer because there is only so much that someone that is PvE focused can do in a week. We cannot set a goal for prestige or favor and just farm all week until we have it, nice try in your attempt to make me seem like a ****** bag though. Spoken like a true hater. Instead of reading the problem, and realize that I am in no way putting PvP players down, you read a little bit and rage at me

Back under your bridge troll!

PS: Real world circumstances? is rift RL for you? Rofl
    Last edited by Bulwif; 09-20-2011 at 05:27 AM.

Sword of Telara

The encounters in Hammerknell, with or without a walk through are not faceroll, well, most of them aren't. I see your point though, and you are right. As I said at the top of this post not many people will agree with me. I just find the fact the BiS PvP gear for the hardest PvE content in the game is absurd and needs to be fixed.
    Well, it's very hard to balance, as the high end PvP gear should be on par with the high end PvE gear. The problem as it is now is that after all changes they made and stuff they added (pvp rifts, weekend specials etc, A LOT cheaper gear), it IS way to easy and fast to get the high end PvP gear. And I can agree that it needs to be changed, how you aquire it that is, not their stats or how they compare.

When it comes to considering same tier gear, ie R5-6 with RoS etc, then ofcourse PvP gear should not be better than the gear you can get for Raiding, but I doubt it is. The problem is as I said that R7-8 gear is too easy to get, not that it's better than RoS quality gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    The problem is as I said that R7-8 gear is too easy to get, not that it's better than RoS quality gear.
    Exactly, and as you said it is incredibly hard to balance, I agree, there just has to be SOME balance to it. Thank you for being intelligent

Sword of Telara

Vengeance is a good idea, and if anything PvE weapons should have a nerf when you enter pvp, and everything would be balanced. The PvE weapon damage is the only thing people with full HK gear would have over people in full R8 in a pvp scenario.
    Why is it so wrong if anyone get simillar gear thru different means? The point of this is that it's a game, and people should play it in the way they enjoy. So what if they got their gear differently, how does that really matter to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    Why is it so wrong if anyone get simillar gear thru different means? The point of this is that it's a game, and people should play it in the way they enjoy. So what if they got their gear differently, how does that really matter to you?
    Because it is too easy to get pvp gear for how good it is O_O

Rift Disciple

No, I pointed out the lock out timer because there is only so much that someone that is PvE focused can do in a week. We cannot set a goal for prestige or favor and just farm all week until we have it, nice try in your attempt to make me seem like a ****** bag though. Spoken like a true hater. Instead of reading the problem, and realize that I am in no way putting PvP players down, you read a little bit and rage at me

Back under your bridge troll!

PS: Real world circumstances? is rift RL for you? Rofl
    Ok . ~Real game circumstances - not in content tailored espetially for mediocore geared but well synchronized collection of 20 people.

I'm raging because you are claiming that RAIDing should be only source of BiS quality items. And you are trying to protect it by time and skill being required. I told you - that for time invested and skill required RAIDS are by far more rewarding then PvP or any other activity in RIFT. This situation is wrong. RADIng is only part of content and should be NOT only one source of BiS quality items. There still PvP, Events, Small Groups and Solo. All of them should have chalanging content and provide all possible rewards from mediocore ( like a trash drops in RAID instances) up to BiS quality items. There could be deviations, random Procs or enchantments that schould be earned by other gameplay then item... But it should be there to keep paying base of this game in. Im pretty sure it will come as long as situation advance itself.

You know that pvp happens in mixed(pve and pvp) enviroments? Nerf pvp gear too much in pve is a bad idea.
    If there is a additional stat it should be on raid gear which you need only in raid dungeons.
    Maybe make hit focus etc. stuff enhancements only placeabel on r2 and raid gear?

Rift Disciple

While i used to agree with the OP i have become a bit older and wiser in the mean time. I dont care if people who have r8 gear are similar or even better than me (i only have 3HK pieces and thats mh, neck and belt). Because this is a game and i raid for fun not for gear and if pvping makes them have fun all the better. And if that gear helps them do some raids as well, even better.

The aproach that you raid, so raiding takes more effort than yours so your gear should not be as good as mine is sooooo outdated... You raid for the chalendge and for the fun, if you raid for the gear and pvp gear is so easy to obtain than by all means go ahead and get it your self.

But at this day and age no sensible develepor will listen to some HC ellitis BS because you are a minority and you are not really important. The more people have fun the beter for them. If pvp gear becomes out of sight better than devs will fix it like the fixed the trinket and sinergy, but when its equal at best... who cares.

Grow up man... grow up
    Last edited by Kirantor; 09-20-2011 at 05:43 AM.

Ok . ~Real game circumstances - not in content tailored espetially for mediocore geared but well synchronized collection of 20 people.

I'm raging because you are claiming that RAIDing should be only source of BiS quality items. And you are trying to protect it by time and skill being required. I told you - that for time invested and skill required RAIDS are by far more rewarding then PvP or any other activity in RIFT. This situation is wrong. RADIng is only part of content and should be NOT only one source of BiS quality items. There still PvP, Events, Small Groups and Solo. All of them should have chalanging content and provide all possible rewards from mediocore ( like a trash drops in RAID instances) up to BiS quality items. There could be deviations, random Procs or enchantments that schould be earned by other gameplay then item... But it should be there to keep paying base of this game in. Im pretty sure it will come as long as situation advance itself.
    No, I am saying BiS PvE gear should come from PvE, and if you read above, I mentioned how it is pretty bad that PvE guilds are requiring their Raiders have R8 PvP to do Hammer Knell unless they have HK gear for all their slots. Think about that while you rage about something you don't understand. Reading comprehension is key sir.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast