+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 244
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Hardcore PvE Point of View

  1. #166
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwif View Post
    So, people, can we please, please, stick to facts and stop attempting to flame me? Because I really don't care what you trolls have to say, I am looking for good arguments here.
    Two thoughts on this:

    1. Asking to not be flamed is pretty much a guarantee that you will be flamed...
    2. You won't find any good arguments because there really aren't any that will hold up to scrutiny.

  2. #167
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allurana View Post
    It is VERY different. You can assemble 20 people into a premade for PVP and go into Port Scion and just stand at the spawn point for MONTHS on end, game after game and you will eventually get your R8 gear.

    You can NOT assemble 20 people zone into HK and just stand there until the timer runs out for months on end and eventually get all your HK gear.

    VERY DIFFERENT!!!
    Do you know PvPing not in premade is harde as in one? So its really different. On other side you CANT GO IN AND OUTGEAR IN SAID R6-R8 IN THREE RUNS! In RAID you CAN. And you are not forcing to feed a premade with reknown spending payed time in game to be awailable to wear some good equip.

    What is harder? Am I only one who sees PvE progression much more easyier then PvP?

    BTW: Are there way to craft R6 Gears and start right there? NO! You cant...In PvP....Only in PvE.. T1.5

  3. #168
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surebleak View Post
    Daayou's post hit all the points and in a better fashion than most.

    In summary:

    You could do nothing but PvP for a month post 50 and with one run thru the raid dungeons and be equally or better equipped for HK than the people who progressed through T1's then T2's then the T3 or T1 raids (*sigh* terminology) and in less time.

    And that is the issue in a nutshell.
    Oh no! People get to skip obsolete, outdated content and start working on the relevant bits sooner!

    MMO raiders have a pretty wide reputation for being petty, elitist man-children. This thread just exemplifies that stereotype. Who really gives a crap if newer players have routes to the current (Hammerknell) raid content that don't involve spending months farming old (GSB/RoS) raid content? Does it affect you at all? I guess you don't get to be a special little snowflake for quite as long, but that's about it. They still have to go through the HK fights just like you do, and they don't have any advantage that you couldn't easily obtain yourself (If losing to R8 is so easy and 'welfare', why haven't you done it yet?).

    About two months ago, I made a choice. Our raid was progressing through RoS and GSB. R8 was available, if I was willing to put in the time for it. Doing so meant that I got a slight leg-up in stats over PvE gear alone (Still needed helm, gloves, and right-side gear), and it meant that drops for my class could go to people who didn't have time to do PvP on the side as well -- to people who would need it more than I did. So I started on the PvP grind, and now I'm R8 and we're working on Hammerknell. In the end, everyone wins.

    The only people who have a problem with that are maladjusted individuals who can't stand the idea that they'll have even slightly less e-fame for playing a freaking video game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

  4. #169
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    140

    Default

    I've made a big argument about equalizing the gear.

    If you pvp and you pve you'd like time spent in both venues to support action spent in either venue.

    If you only pve, why do you care where other players get there gear? PvE is a team effort after all, not a competition. You are trying to work together to "progress" (presumable). So, if the pvp gear was equivalent to the pve gear you wouldn't have anything to worry about. Since it appears the biggest argument from the PvE camp is that you don't want to have to PvP to gear up and if the gear is BiS then you have to. (by the way, if you do actually consider it a competition, then you are actually PvPing when you PvE, which means you should be able to use PvP gear in PvE)

    The second biggest argument is that PvP isn't as hard and therefore shouldn't have the same rewards. Which means you are simple being petty. PvP just isn't random (and with plaques neither is PvE). Which means the fix is simple, Dropped gear, plaque gear and PvP gear should all be equivalent (PvE WEAPONS should be purchasable with plaques as should rings, necks synergy crystals etc etc). If you really want to claim that PvE isn't just a TIME , just like PvP is then you are just a REALLY REALLY bad player.

    If you only pvp you probably aren't reading this and don't care. You just don't want players in PvE gear to roflstomp you without hope. Most hardcore pvpers are actually looking for challenging pvp.
    Last edited by tilyn; 09-26-2011 at 07:16 AM.

  5. #170
    Champion of Telara Arcshayde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwif View Post
    The encounters in Hammerknell, with or without a walk through are not faceroll, well, most of them aren't. I see your point though, and you are right. As I said at the top of this post not many people will agree with me. I just find the fact the BiS PvP gear for the hardest PvE content in the game is absurd and needs to be fixed.
    And almost BiS weapons from PvE trash shouldn't be allowed in PvP.
    Shayde@Seastone

  6. #171
    Plane Walker Boneloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Being both R8 and a progression raider, I can honestly say, progression raiding in HK has been easier than the grind to get R8. The loot may not have come quite as quickly at the start, but now the loot falls fast and PVPing to R8 sucked ***. Stop whining and listen to more Bob Marley.

  7. #172
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    Do you know PvPing not in premade is harde as in one? So its really different. On other side you CANT GO IN AND OUTGEAR IN SAID R6-R8 IN THREE RUNS! In RAID you CAN. And you are not forcing to feed a premade with reknown spending payed time in game to be awailable to wear some good equip.

    What is harder? Am I only one who sees PvE progression much more easyier then PvP?

    BTW: Are there way to craft R6 Gears and start right there? NO! You cant...In PvP....Only in PvE.. T1.5
    Your rambling does not change or discredit what I wrote at all.

    The fact is still an undisputable fact.

    You can literally fail your way to R8 with never getting a win but you can NOT fail your way through any PVE content.

    My cleric is just a little bit away from R6 currently and I have 57 WF wins to my name TOTAL. As far as I know I have already out geared T1 and T2 5 man dungeons.

    When I run PVE 5 man content now I am almost always top dps with my PVP gear.

    There is something wrong here.

  8. #173
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    281

    Default

    The grind in PvP should be rewarding, to PvP aspects of the game. The inverse to that should also be true. I'm fine with PvP gear being decent for PvE content, but BiS pre HK? That is a little excessive. But I don't really care that much. Some people afk through WF's to get r8 gear while others have their hands held for them through raids and get geared up from "trash" loots. It's 2 sides of the same coin as far as I'm concerned and affects me none.

  9. #174
    Rift Disciple Bulwif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Lol haters gunna hate apparently. Get off of your "Blargh you are worried about your e-peen!" horse and actually read what has been said.

    Idiots, alllllll idiots!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=772798&dateline=13612  32521

  10. #175
    Telaran Khronic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Do yourselves a favor and stop posting your constructive thoughts and suggestions in this thread. This guy has apparently taken a blind eye to anything that he doesn't personally agree with, and is about as close-minded as it gets. To the OP: not everyone shares your mindset, in fact, most probably disagree.



    P.S. - How's 1/10 HK treating you?

  11. #176
    Rift Disciple Bulwif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khronic View Post
    Do yourselves a favor and stop posting your constructive thoughts and suggestions in this thread. This guy has apparently taken a blind eye to anything that he doesn't personally agree with, and is about as close-minded as it gets. To the OP: not everyone shares your mindset, in fact, most probably disagree.



    P.S. - How's 1/10 HK treating you?
    To you: In the OP, I said most people won't agree with me, learn to read.

    Also, 9/10 HK is treating me fine, thanks
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=772798&dateline=13612  32521

  12. #177
    Rift Disciple RJMazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ
    Posts
    123

    Default

    I think:

    First step: Out with Vengeance, Favour, Toughness. Keep Hit, perhaps. If so, make dodge more useful for PvP or maybe even PvE.

    Second step: Calculate stats and gear to make it all just as effective as it was before. Perhaps make the mains stats for each class give some damage mitigation as well. More mitigation for warriors, A bit less for clerics, fewer for rogues and nearly no mitigation for mages. That's how their armor is supposed to protect, too. Plate protects more to clothing protects less, which is... Well clothing.

    Third step: No PvP gear, no PvE gear. Give, for both playstyles a set of gear that have the same amount of stats for the same kind of currency they can get for both PvPing and PvEing. If you want to make tiers, fine, make tiers, that's another problem. But now, everyone gets the exact same gear that can serve for the exact same purposes, and the combat is balanced, thus, and people can't complain of someone coming with raid gear to PvP and because guess what: It's the same gear as yours.

    Problem solved. Have fun being able to both PvP and PvE.

  13. #178
    Rift Disciple Bulwif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    BUMP!!!

    /10char
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=772798&dateline=13612  32521

  14. #179
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJMazz View Post
    I think:

    First step: Out with Vengeance, Favour, Toughness. Keep Hit, perhaps. If so, make dodge more useful for PvP or maybe even PvE.

    Second step: Calculate stats and gear to make it all just as effective as it was before. Perhaps make the mains stats for each class give some damage mitigation as well. More mitigation for warriors, A bit less for clerics, fewer for rogues and nearly no mitigation for mages. That's how their armor is supposed to protect, too. Plate protects more to clothing protects less, which is... Well clothing.

    Third step: No PvP gear, no PvE gear. Give, for both playstyles a set of gear that have the same amount of stats for the same kind of currency they can get for both PvPing and PvEing. If you want to make tiers, fine, make tiers, that's another problem. But now, everyone gets the exact same gear that can serve for the exact same purposes, and the combat is balanced, thus, and people can't complain of someone coming with raid gear to PvP and because guess what: It's the same gear as yours.

    Problem solved. Have fun being able to both PvP and PvE.

    lol I say do this.. why would you send your army in to face the big bad dragon in crap old gear anyway.. if the GODS rez us.. they should give us BiS stuff to fight with anyway.. I think t his is fair..

    I get so tired of this argument.. I'm 9/10 HK and realy could care less.. maybe because I'm a tank, but I do also heal and dps at times.. but what your REALLY saying here is that a person who plays one type of game only (PVP) can gear up and come over to your side of the game (PVE) and out perform you on fighting boss's and killing trash and generally supporting your raid to the best of you ability to keep it moving forward???? this is what your telling me??? PVP guys spend 99% of there time in 6-10 second fights.. but they can come out perform you with there R8 gear in a 12 minute fight????

    They spend all day on every weekend knee deep in PVP content.. but can find the time on Saturday Night to come into HK and kick your leather wearing, duel wielding, PvE Hit capped, Man among Men, Warriors *** so bad that you have to come to the forum and ***** about it..

    But you have the NERVE to think they NEVER do anywhere NEAR as much PVE as you because of what.. there gear??? maybe they just know where to get the best stuff!!! Ever think of that??

    SO next time you go *****in' and moanin' about that Person who spends all there TIME in pvp warfronts and rifts, Yet finds the time to walk into your GUILDS HK run and kick your *** on the parsar, why not ask your self instead.. "Whats this guy got that I ain't got" answer 1 is probably (maybe) a little more time, but answer 2 is for sure the drive to be the best at what he is doing!!! just sayin..

    let's ***** about people that move the raid alone and get the lazy people more gear

  15. #180
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    117

    Default

    If you think Trion should completely seperate PVE and PVP gear then you must be mental.

    There must be some crossover between gear otherwise you would need to play all day to keep up with both PVE and PVP content.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts