+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kofix

Thread: t1>t2 must buy t1 gear now??!!

Rift Disciple

Default t1>t2 must buy t1 gear now??!!

so now i have to buy the full set of t1 armor to get the t2 set? i disapprove of this change. please put it back to the way it was on live.

Champion

You do realize the plaque cost is exactly the same, it just means you won't be holding out for the full cost of the T2 item?
    Greybriar Guardian Bard

When did they do that? I have to go see this for myself.

Welcome to the same gear system as PVPers.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    You do realize the plaque cost is exactly the same, it just means you won't be holding out for the full cost of the T2 item?
    this! lol at the first guy, is it so hard to click 2 diff vendors for the same thing for the same price?
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by mxdiz View Post
    so now i have to buy the full set of t1 armor to get the t2 set? i disapprove of this change. please put it back to the way it was on live.
    oh noes!! pve gear is the same a PVP....
    {WinterXI >>>> 13th Edition}

...and people would still skip T1 instances.

Can't see any point to that change as all it does is forcing you to spend marks acquired from T2 run for useless T1 gear before switching to T2 counterpart right away. Click on vendor twice instead of once is sure great change.

And no, it is nothing like PvP tiers, as in PvP you also have prestige locks and stuck to lower gear until you rank up.

Oh, and if, for example, I have full tanking T2/3, I sure need to buy T1 pieces for my dps offset before T2, even if all marks earned from tanking T2? Yes, very logical.
    Last edited by Charred; 09-19-2011 at 02:18 AM.

T2 dungeon gear will have synergy crystals now, too. I think it makes sense. I hope they add more dungeon tiers

Rift Disciple

It's a good change, I can't see why anyone would have a problem with it. The cost is the exact same, all it means is that my new level 50 alts can buy their T1 sets and then upgrade it once I acquire more marks. Instead of having to hold out and stick with an inferior item until I have enough marks to buy the T2 piece.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mxdiz View Post
    you really, really fail at math.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Charred View Post
    ...and people would still skip T1 instances.

Can't see any point to that change as all it does is forcing you to spend marks acquired from T2 run for useless T1 gear before switching to T2 counterpart right away. Click on vendor twice instead of once is sure great change.

And no, it is nothing like PvP tiers, as in PvP you also have prestige locks and stuck to lower gear until you rank up.

Oh, and if, for example, I have full tanking T2/3, I sure need to buy T1 pieces for my dps offset before T2, even if all marks earned from tanking T2? Yes, very logical.
    Actually what people fail to see is that this is a good thing, if you lets say are going for the legs and you have crapy blue legs from questing or what ever, than you gos some t1 or even 2 and as soon as you get 75 marks you buy the first t1 piece. You get to use it, whiich is an upgrade from what you already have till you make up the diference to buy the t2 piece. So i dont see the problem really.

The problem for PVPers was that ppl skipped to rank 5-6 in greens saving up favor and the price of r6 was not the price of r1-5 + something extra.

With the prices of t2 lowered by the value of the t1 piece some people will get to wear that piece while working for the better one. For some it will just be an anoyance of having to click twice, but its a small price to pay imho.

Telaran

I like this change! No more debating if I should spend marks on the small upgrade a T1 item would provide. Now I buy it and then get the T2 when I can. I like the way PvP gear works and I'm glad to see it was passed to PvE. It also stops me from accidentally buying a dup T2 item (that only happened once! I swear!)

This is a fantastic change in every way. It makes it so players don't need to hoard plaques under the perception lower ranked gear is a "waste".

Total cost is the same. Gear path is quicker and continuous.

Wonderful change.

Telaran

About time, less bag space.
    Junostorm
    <Total Aggression> Gaming - TAG
    Defiant - Greybriar Shard

Soulwalker

Default Nice

I fail to see any reason why someone would complain about this change? This is a great change, end of story.

@OP: Derpa-derpa-mobile inc?

enjoy.

"We are the Red Order within the immortal Chaos. We are Shadowblade."

+ Reply to Thread