+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Changes? In MY MMO? A guide to help guide.

Shadowlander

Default Changes? In MY MMO? A guide to help guide.

Why isn't my mage top DPS?

Warriors are useless now!

Rogues are nerfed into obscurity!

Clerics!

Troubled times are upon us friends. It seems like every sub-forum has a thread related to one of these issues. I feel your pain. It is a frustrating thing to be the cat's pajamas in PVP one day, just to get slapped down with the force of a thousand highschool girls volleyball teams the next. With all these changes coming, it's hard to determine the fate of your beloved class you spent so much time meticulously forging within the bowels of your given gaming space.

Given the nature of MMOs, we all understand that the mighty cleave of the Sword of Nerfoclese will one day kiss our cheek like that uncle that has been single for way too long. Why doesn't he have a girlfriend? I mean, the combo of Mitchum deoderant, whiskey, Brut cologne and sadness is enough to make any female swoon! And by swoon I mean recoil in sheer terror.

I digress, back to the lecture at hand. Perfection is perfected, so I'ma let em understand, from a young G's perspective, before we careen off into dissertations on game mechanics and this unattainable "level playing field", we have to take a look back back to Cali Cali and remember why we play Rift in the first place. I mean, besides WoW being completely whack amirite bros? Oh, I'm not? WELL FINE THEN I DIDN'T WANT A FIST BUMP ANYWAYS.

Rift.

When Rift first came into town for me it was like hearing that a new foreign exchange student was coming to town, and she was the talk of the cafeteria. She was something new, she was attractive, she was friendly, she was well liked by everyone, everything you hoped! You threw caution to the wind and went for it, and before you knew it you were in love with this magical foreign beast that had a really cool class system and a fantastic set of accents.

We need to remember why we left our 5+ year, established, geared accounts on other games. For me, it was the class system. This class system is not as simple as why that foreign exchange student left me. ZVETLANA WE COULD HAVE HAD EVERYTHING! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GET CAUGHT BEING A DRUG MULE FOR THE SWEEDISH HOUSE MAFIA? What's that? The sweedish house mafia isn't an actual mob family? Oh. I guess I didn't need to send that threatening letter to Fjurg Van Der Ploeg then huh...

ANYWAYS The classes in Rift arent so simple as mage, rogue, warrior and cleric. It's all about souls baby. Your soul determines your actual job in a raid or dungeon. It's what made this game so intriguing! At least for me anyways. Roguetanks! Heal.. uh, punchers. Magehealers! All sorts of fun and new combos!

But just because your rogue DPS isn't what it was doesn't mean we should pack the whole class up and send it back to the drawing board. Each class is so versatile making blanket statements like "Warriors are useless now" or "Mages can't out DPS rogues" seems infantile and closed minded. Your specific role setup might not perform like it used to, but not the class as a whole. There are so many differing factors that change how each class performs it makes my head spin, but then again, how a Rubix cube works also makes my head spin. HOW DOES IT NOT FALL APART? I'll tell you how, technomancer sci-magic. That's how. But for serious, there is often times more than one version of DPS you can do per class, think outside the cliched box a little.

All I'm saying is think before you post, people. Is your Riftblade broken? Does your Sabdancer not DPS like it used to? Perhaps your Archomentalmancer doesn't, um, Archomentalmance... uh... good, anymore. I DON'T KNOW! Just please try to be more specific, and try to understand that ALL damage parses are different. Thers are multiple threads wherein people are talking about quitting because they feel that their class is broken now and not their specific build. If you are as in love with your single solitary, super meticulously planned role as I am with my Criss Angel dakimakura then we both need help and should seek immediate medical attention if erections last longer than 4 hours. Which happens to be the exact amount of time it takes to cook a roast. BOOM MULTITASKING.

I hope I was able to drop some knowledge and tickle your funny bone, just like your uncle. See that? We came full circle, never square.
    Last edited by Defektedtoy; 09-18-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Shadowlander

So after a rousing game of "Don't let uncle Carl watch you shower" I realized that I posted this thread in the wrong subforum. Can one of you modwizzards please teleport this to the general discussion subforum where it was intended to go in the first place? I'll bake you brownies as soon as I get this attractive roast out of the oven.
    Last edited by Defektedtoy; 09-18-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Lotta people complain and complain and complain. The good ones make new builds and continue on. Me, since I don't know if sabo will get any further changes I made my own sabo build that actually doesn't die in 2 seconds and can drop people. Rank 8 sin gets the jump on PTS, rank 8 sin hits the dirt. I actually for the first time in 7 months (I played Beta) made an archon spec on my mage. I LOVE that spec. Not even fully 100% used to it yet and it was a blast in port scion (PvP style). It's now a very good backup for when my chlorolock or something gets tweaked. This game is a theorycrafter dream though. I'll never run out of builds to play
    Last edited by Vyxagallanxchi; 09-18-2011 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

+ Reply to Thread