+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brad1959

Thread: Improved Flame Jet - please re=think this

Champion of Telara

Default Improved Flame Jet - please re=think this

Most mages do not like this change. Losing the mana regen is bad enough, but changing it to knock back on a sub-par dps spell just adds insult to injury. It also forces us to take useless abilities to get to the upper levels of Pyro.

Please re-think this change and revert it to mana regen, or at least something more usefull.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    Most mages do not like this change. Losing the mana regen is bad enough, but changing it to knock back on a sub-par dps spell just adds insult to injury. It also forces us to take useless abilities to get to the upper levels of Pyro.

Please re-think this change and revert it to mana regen, or at least something more usefull.

Wait. OMG. we gotta pick that trash just to go up the tree. So I have to pick some USELESS and AWFUL ability just to go up in the tree for my other stuff. O man. This is getting ridiculous. Why go the way of WOW. This is the crap that Blizzard pulls. Just one of the main reasons I left the damn game. I was praying and hoping Trion would not go that same route. Guess I did pray hard enough.

Well, previous ability was useless for PvP but good for PvE, new ability could be good in PvP (once knockbacks aren't on DR anymore) but is useless in PvE. Nobody will be happy anyway. Unless...

We add both effects to a brand new talent! Your mana regen is increased by 100% while in a ground effects, and your flame jet knockbacks. Everybody is happy and nobody makes whine threads.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwhisperzz View Post
    Well, previous ability was useless for PvP but good for PvE, new ability could be good in PvP (once knockbacks aren't on DR anymore) but is useless in PvE. Nobody will be happy anyway. Unless...

We add both effects to a brand new talent! Your mana regen is increased by 100% while in a ground effects, and your flame jet knockbacks. Everybody is happy and nobody makes whine threads.

LOL. Wait. You are telling me you would use this piece of S@@@ ability in PVP? You like this Trash ability and can't wait to use it?

Rift Disciple

Yea this change is bad. Mana potions cant make up the difference and flame jet is just a terrible spell with or without the knockback.

Soulwalker

Default really

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    LOL. Wait. You are telling me you would use this piece of S@@@ ability in PVP? You like this Trash ability and can't wait to use it?
    If it worked it would be nice, get a quick respite from the warrior who was chewing you up. Oh wait the plate wearing, highest hp, highest dps killing machine in the game has teleports that go for a greater distance than your stun (or a charge that will stun/root you). Yay Trion.
    Give me a mage again. Let me have something, anything other than chloro/lock that survives 3 gcd. Let me have Dps in raids. Oh wait, you nerfed our dps, you killed clerics, you buffed rogues, and left warriors sustained dps alone (or buffed it for when they actually use their proper armor). Great Job Trion!! You know we all wanted World of WarRRIORcraft II.

Shadowlander

Please don't revert this nice pyro PvP change for the horrible PvEers who cant be bothered buying mana potions...
    Dots - Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Please don't revert this nice pyro PvP change for the horrible PvEers who cant be bothered buying mana potions...
    Nice pyro pvp change? Since when was pyro really hurting in the pvp utility department?

It's already got our only disarm, flicker, stun duration reduction, an aoe stun, an aoe 90% snare, and a couple nice damage shields. Pyro isn't hurting for utility, what it could use is some good damage when heatwave/IE is on cooldown.

Actually, looking at pyro, i'd almost swear it was our 3rd pvp tree just by most of the abilities in it.

I rarely ever see pyros in pvp due to their nerfs and it isn't like a knockback is going to save it either.
    However there is already a thread about this here
    Last edited by wallweasels; 09-17-2011 at 10:29 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    I'd use it if knockbacks weren't on DR anymore.

+ Reply to Thread