+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage pet summons need to be instant cast for PvP

Telaran

Default Mage pet summons need to be instant cast for PvP

Right up front, I am not talking about controlled pets like Skeletal Revenants or Air Elementals.

I am talking about the pet hordes that have cooldowns, like Mass Grave, Empty the Crypts and Swarming Flames. The obscenely long cast times makes them extremely difficult to use in a WF. Considering how hard it can be to hard cast as it is, trying to get a 3-4 second cast off without getting interrupted in some way, getting warrior trained or having the battle move away from you is almost impossible. 51 necro and 51 elementalist are not exactly PvP pr PvE powerhouses as it is, and this would go a long way towards making them competitive. I am no PvE or raid expert, but I can not see this unbalancing these two souls for PvE purposes either.

Look at Dominators and how much mileage they get out of Split Personality. Do you think it would get used as much if you had to stand still for 3 seconds to cast. I don't know of anyone who thinks insta cast Split Personality is OP either.

This is a small change to a pair of souls that rarely see 51 points and would be a significant quality of life improvement.

Isn't it already possible to make them instant cast by using exhume and fast summon?

Nevertheless, mass grave needs a smaller cooldown (3 min at most). Deep ele and necro also need something to make them more viable in PvP.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwhisperzz View Post
    Isn't it already possible to make them instant cast by using exhume and fast summon?

Nevertheless, mass grave needs a smaller cooldown (3 min at most). Deep ele and necro also need something to make them more viable in PvP.
    I was not aware that those abilities work on those summons. If so, it still sucks that I need to use another ability to make the summons useful.
    Last edited by Galgarion; 09-17-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Plane Touched

Does exhume work with mass graves? That would be awesome if it did.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarlog View Post
    Does exhume work with mass graves? That would be awesome if it did.
    Even if it did, you would have to choose between using it on Mass Graves, Empty the Crypts or saving it for when your main pet dies.

Let the fast summon ability cover your main pet in a pinch, and let those other abilities either be instant or have a much shorter cast time.

Banned

Dont opportunity procs make anything instant?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Dont opportunity procs make anything instant?
    Yes, if you happen to have one available when you need it. With a hard casting class like Elementalist, your opportunity procs almost always get used instantly before you could even decide to you them on something else.

All of this is assuming you have warlock 10 in the mix, which isn't always the case. Usually, but not always.
    Last edited by Galgarion; 09-17-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Quite honestly, I think the Fire Elemental summons for 51 Elementalist getting at minimum a reduction in cast time, if not instant (the latter being preferable) would be a huge QoL change for both PvE and PvP. I love the Elementalist tree (even if I'm terrible at it and watching my Charge), but the 4 second cast time is really hard to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Galgarion View Post
    Even if it did, you would have to choose between using it on Mass Graves, Empty the Crypts or saving it for when your main pet dies.
    You would use it for Mass Grave over ETC always, simply because MG is just more powerful. Now it does suck when your pet dies and you want to Mass Grave but that doesn't happen a lot, atleast for me.
    Necromancer till the day i die!

Ascendant

spell damage is based on its cast time, those temp pets damage is based on their evocation time.
    make them instant, the damage will go to heck.
    stop suggesting masochistic changes, please.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    spell damage is based on its cast time, those temp pets damage is based on their evocation time.
    make them instant, the damage will go to heck.
    stop suggesting masochistic changes, please.
    I think what you mean is that the spellpower coefficient is based on cast time. That is partly true. It is not hardcoded into the game to base it off of cast time. Also, DOT's use an entirely different formula.

With a summoned pet, I do not believe that any of the above is the case. Trion could easily make these summons instant and not change the damage.

+ Reply to Thread