+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: STOP changing this game for the pvp community

Default STOP changing this game for the pvp community

and fix your pve content. please. would also be nice to not have drastic sweeping pve changes based on immature 13 year olds that pvp and QQ all over every forum.
    Frootloops. p40 warrior. Seastone. Forsaken. 11/11 hk 5/8 id
    Judgejudy. p28 mage. Seastone. Forsaken. chloro/dom pvp only
    My guides: | 1.8 PvP Build | Macro Guide

Plane Walker

On average, unless you are an in demand role, I hear it takes 20-30+ minutes for a dungeon queue. On population balanced groups warfronts pop nearly instant or under 5 minutes. It would seem a larger number of players are queuing for warfronts then dungeons. Sure there are a lot of people who pve, quite possibly most who exclusively pve.

Perhaps these guys should get more vocal on the forums. If you glance at the thread count, the pvp section is second only to general discussion. You also have to ask yourself, several of the last patches have been centered around pvp, new warfronts, new world objectives, pvp class changes. I think this shows a fairly healthy population is interested in pvp, even with the flaws so many complain about.

I hear there are a lot of issues with high end pve content, but it is also my understanding that guilds are working through it, and we are expecting full clear on HK soon. You guys that nitpick over a couple hundred dps and try to blame it on pvp balance need to get over it. They've already started making pvp changes that effect only pvp. Perhaps some of the classes are in need of some pve only adjustment, but the only feedback that really ever seems to come through is the occasional whine about 13 year old pvp players ruining your dances.

Try being more constructive, and do less name calling and finger pointing.
    Last edited by tuluka; 09-16-2011 at 04:44 AM.

I somewhat agree with the OP, I think PvP is an important part of the game and changes for it should be made but to me the best way to do this is to have 2 rule sets, one for PvE and one for PvP. If the player is engaged in PvP combat then those rules apply. Give 2 tooltips to abilities if need be, one for PvE and one for PvP. The skills should remain roughly the same just balanced differently. This would give the developers freedom to tweak whatever they needed without affecting other aspects of the game.
    Kryptyx - Guildless ;( - Raidcruit me!
    Riftstalker BIS Spreadsheet

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptyx View Post
    I somewhat agree with the OP, I think PvP is an important part of the game and changes for it should be made but to me the best way to do this is to have 2 rule sets, one for PvE and one for PvP. If the player is engaged in PvP combat then those rules apply. Give 2 tooltips to abilities if need be, one for PvE and one for PvP. The skills should remain roughly the same just balanced differently. This would give the developers freedom to tweak whatever they needed without affecting other aspects of the game.
    And that seems like what they are doing. They have to get the skills (for rogues) in the right place first, though.

The groundwork is already in place for this. See cleric/mage healing for an example.

STOP changing this game for the pve community!!!!
    Whitefall IRC Channel: #Whitefall on Quakenet

Maybe it happens because the PvEers don't talk about it. They talk about HK bugs (and look what gets changed in hotfixes). Although... it sounds like HK has many many many bugs and such. If you don't like games that adjust their numbers and such, MMOs aren't the genre for you. I'm sorry but that's how it is. If you are dead set on playing one though then FFXI with the fact that it has no PvP MIGHT be for you but I'm sure they get class changes on a fairly frequent basis as well. You're going to see this in MMOs, its a defining characteristic of the genre. Hence the term Flavor of the Month. Also... YOU are part of the PvP community. Or does your QQ not count lime the rest of ours does as being immature 13 year old QQ?
    Last edited by Vyxagallanxchi; 09-16-2011 at 06:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by tuluka View Post
    On average, unless you are an in demand role, I hear it takes 20-30+ minutes for a dungeon queue. On population balanced groups warfronts pop nearly instant or under 5 minutes. It would seem a larger number of players are queuing for warfronts then dungeons.
    I assume warfront groups are easier to assemble if compared to a dungeon group which has the hard requirements of tank, healer, support and damage.
    Last edited by nepumuk; 09-16-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    Human Dignity + Compassion = PEACE

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by lameboi View Post
    and fix your pve content. please. would also be nice to not have drastic sweeping pve changes based on immature 13 year olds that pvp and QQ all over every forum.
    You do realize these changes include increased viability in PVE as well? Also that master level dungeons and cronicals are PVE content?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptyx View Post
    I contend what they need to do is properly itemize the game and put some forethought into the amount of damage they're letting float around. Having multiple rulesets do nothing but confuse the issue and players - especially in gray areas like open world content on PVP servers.

-Liang

I just want them to stop changing for PvP because every time they doe they unbalance it. Stop touching it with your unskilled, bumbling hands, Trion.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by lameboi View Post
    AHHAHAHAH you seriously think theyre doing any of this **** for the "pvp community" I WANT YOU TO PICTURE ME DOING GIGANTIC SARCASTIC AIR QUOTES. There is no ****ing pvp community left, they're catering to PVErs who just now started getting into the "PVP SCENE" after the valor normalization. I can't even tell you what their endgame is at this point.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by tuluka View Post
    On average, unless you are an in demand role, I hear it takes 20-30+ minutes for a dungeon queue. On population balanced groups warfronts pop nearly instant or under 5 minutes. It would seem a larger number of players are queuing for warfronts then dungeons. Sure there are a lot of people who pve, quite possibly most who exclusively pve.

Perhaps these guys should get more vocal on the forums. If you glance at the thread count, the pvp section is second only to general discussion. You also have to ask yourself, several of the last patches have been centered around pvp, new warfronts, new world objectives, pvp class changes. I think this shows a fairly healthy population is interested in pvp, even with the flaws so many complain about.

I hear there are a lot of issues with high end pve content, but it is also my understanding that guilds are working through it, and we are expecting full clear on HK soon. You guys that nitpick over a couple hundred dps and try to blame it on pvp balance need to get over it. They've already started making pvp changes that effect only pvp. Perhaps some of the classes are in need of some pve only adjustment, but the only feedback that really ever seems to come through is the occasional whine about 13 year old pvp players ruining your dances.

Try being more constructive, and do less name calling and finger pointing.
    While I might agree with your sentiment (there are lots of PvPers in this game), the logic in your first paragraph is severely flawed. PvE dungeon queues are long for most players because of role imbalance. Also, many PvErs don't bother with the queues (they're either past T2 dungeon content or they queue with guild members/friends).

The PvP queue has no such criteria.

Therefore, using queue times as an argument with respect to popularity is incredibly flawed.
    Last edited by Prokofiova; 09-16-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Plane Walker

It is true that you have to fill specific slots in a dungeon queue, and also that some people who are done with t2 content don't even run dungeons anymore, and only raid. The rest of the time those players generally spend their time gathering mats for raid consumables, farming rep, and, brace yourself, PVP. When I used to raid at a solid pace, 3+ days a week I did nearly non stop pvp in between. I would say I did more pvp between battlegrounds and arena/world pvp then I ever spent raiding. I'm willing to bet a large number of the guys who are done with t2 are in a similar boat.

You are correct, my assumption based on queue times may indeed be flawed, but also consider that the minimum size for the smallest group is 10 players, and who knows how many different warfronts are going on at one time now. Also the fact that you can sit in dungeon queues while doing warfronts now further skews my original thought.

It does not, however, change the fact that the pvp community is more active on the forums, and makes up a greater representation of the posters. It also doesn't change the fact that most of them make well thought out posts (I say most, and yes I know there are some bad ones), and then we get posts like the OP here who offer nothing constructive and simply label people negatively.

This whole blaming pvp players or pve players needs to stop. It's not constructive and isn't even true. Most players are just players, and do some or all the content they choose.

The reason why there are so many pvp threads is because pvp is more screwed up than pve for the most part. I'm not sure if that's funny or comforting to those who never touch warfronts.

The reason why pve is so messed up, is because Trion is releasing content so quickly and they don't have a hierarchy to deal with bugs and content responsibility yet. This is their problem, and not the customers, but I'm just saying that's why Hammerknell is buggy, quests are broken, etc.

Trion just needs to hire more staff, rearrange their teams, encourage more people to help test stuff on pts, and things will be better. I watched an interview where they are addressing the first 2 points I mentioned. The pts thing, not so much.

Plane Walker

How do you encourage more players onto the pts? Give them a new color of turtle mount for each new tier of raid?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast