+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Plea to Remove Wardrobe Change Thread!

Rift Disciple

I primarily PVP -- I play this game to PvP, not to raid.

I have zero interest in this change. Trion, think it through. I don't look at what the person's wearing -- I look to see if they have a blue, red, or yellow bar. That's a far faster method to determine PvP threat than discerning what friggin' clothing they're wearing.

This change is dumb. I want individuality, not a bunch of clones running around the warfront.
    Last edited by Ghostfire72; 09-19-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Trion, youre breaking my immersion into this game. Don't you want your players to feel immersed?

I do it all. I RP, I raid and I PVP. When I RP, if the opposite faction is around, god damnit, I don't want to see how ugly they'll look with this change. When I raid, not much an issue. When I PVP, I don't look at anyone's damn gear! I look at their resource bar, and I attack anything that's blue, preferably something with cleric and healy buffs.

After the first minute or so, everyone knows what everyone else is up to, what class they are. Oh, and I also have a memory, Trion. I will remember that one pain in the *** healer from that one game and I'll know to attack them next time.

This change is pissing off players across all play styles. RPers, this is one of those times were we also need to be really loud and obnoxious about how much we hate this change! PVPers, I know you're smarter than to take your cues from someone's armor graphic.

Also, this is also an awesome opportunity to say that the art department needs to be expanded and/or reorganized with more designers and modelers to give us armor they we actually DO want to wear. There is no excuse for how ugly armor is in this game and this point in time in MMO gaming. NO excuse for reusing models. We love how fast you turn out content, Trion, but you're dropping the ball with the art. We have to actually look at what we're doing in order to play games. Humans are visual. We have two eyes in the front of our skulls allowing for over lapping vision which gives us stunning three-dimensional sight and amazing depth perception. Take advantage of this and give us something beautiful to look at.
    Last edited by Ishkhaara; 09-19-2011 at 11:18 AM.

I am also against this change.
    You can tell a character's class easily enough by look at its weapons or with target window.
    If this change goes thru, most enemies will be dressed the same way ... not immersive.

Shadowlander

Default As an RPer, I NEED my wardrobe!

OK, so maybe I don't NEED it, but I WANT it.

I have started running the cross-faction event the Telara Saga with the Gaiscioch Family on Faeblight, and am enjoying getting to know the folks on the other side of the fence a bit better as we struggle through our fledgling alliance.

I want them to hear my battle cry, see my uniquely-colored armor, and remember my name.

Is that too much to ask?

p.s. Please let this just be a case of classic misdirection, as in Trion says: "Hey, let's make an unpopular and unnecessary change on the PTS so that the trolls can flame about it for a while before we take it away again. One less forum discussion we need to moderate, since we're not really serious"

Yes, Mr. Hartsman is that smart and ridiculously good-looking at the same time.

Soulwalker

SIGNED...

if you cant figure out what class your fighting by buffs or the giant mana/energy bar you're an idiot.

Ascendant

changes reverted. Thx Trion and all posters for getting trions attention the majority doesnt want this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey folks,

Just updated the Patch Notes. The change to Wardrobes not displaying to members of the opposite faction has been dropped. This change won't be going live and we thank all of you for your feedback and constructive discussion

Active participation on PTS is important, for all changes big and small - thanks for sharing your time with us!
    That's it ladies and gents. By voicing our concerns in a patient and intelligent manner, this has been DROPPED.

I want to thank everyone who signed up and Trion for hearing our pleas!

-Hate

(Could a mod close/lock this thread and archive it for future generations, as proof that Trion listens!)

Ascendant

Amen Hate and kudos to our great game TEAM for listening to us, while of course, they can not always do that, they really are trying lately and boy, do I notice and appreciate it and it builds my loyalty to them....and not just this but the new rewards and other changes and revisions to intended changes as well.

I applaud them Yay.

Now I can do the happy dance instead of the german kid rage.

Thanks for listening the community, I am happy this change has dropped.

Soulwalker

Good news then.
    Last edited by Projekt 2k; 09-21-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Rift Disciple

The reason they are doing this is... well it is to... hmmm it will come to me at some point...

It's to keep idiots from not knowing who they are attacking... you know, the same scrubs that need Hammerknell to be constantly nerfed because they can't do that either. I'm tired of MMO's catering to the bads and that is all this change is for.

Thank god the Firefall beta is out so now I have something that doesn't suck to play to keep me busy.

/signed

Rift Disciple

I too hope this is changed.
    Pretty bad move imho. If you can not tell who you are attacking and what class they are....you have problems beyond anything that this could fix.

edit, just read this is not making it to live.
    good .
    Last edited by wsgroves; 09-21-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Its been changed.... http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...2-11-a-19.html

Thread can die now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deezil View Post
    The reason they are doing this is... well it is to... hmmm it will come to me at some point...

It's to keep idiots from not knowing who they are attacking... you know, the same scrubs that need Hammerknell to be constantly nerfed because they can't do that either. I'm tired of MMO's catering to the bads and that is all this change is for.
    I have to agree with this totally.
    Tbh, this is infact a shortcut for the new players
    They have to LEARN like how WE LEARN to indentify what kinda classes we are attacking just by looking at their bar, hp, skills and actions with whatever outfit the target is wearing.
    Well it wont take a long time to master anyway.

And another thing - Dev should jolly well know that to implement this kinda change they should already have new Armor Skins for rank 7/8 if you know what i mean.

This change gonna totally destroy the function of Wardrobe.
    Some players just wanna look different. Some just wanna have the same color scheme with their mount.
    Some with their pets. So Wardrobe is the only solution.

Wardrobe is a Brilliant Idea. But lol they gonna destroy it Unnecessarily. *Sigh*
    Last edited by Crazio; 09-21-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey folks,

Just updated the Patch Notes. The change to Wardrobes not displaying to members of the opposite faction has been dropped. This change won't be going live and we thank all of you for your feedback and constructive discussion

Active participation on PTS is important, for all changes big and small - thanks for sharing your time with us!
    End of discussion guys.
    Thank you Elrar for keeping us informed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9